wintersdawn

Just finished my Tamiya Monster Beetle...

Enjoyed every minute of this build, just finished it today.  Took my time and enjoyed it more.  Was going to be lazy and just leave the body as the red plastic but then did primer and Italian red and it looks loads better than the original red plastic.  Only hop-ups so far are metal bearings, metal rear wheel hubs and a metal front body mount.  Any other cheapish hop-ups for the 2015 re-re? Cheers.

IMG_4921.JPG

• Like 7

Get the transmission brace. Also look for zero bump steer knuckles on Shapeways. 

• Like 1

Lovely job looks good!! since you done the bearings the sport tuned motor goes really well with the stock gearbox any quicker or punchier (is that even a word if it isn't I do apologise) motor tends to prematurely end its life! 

• Like 1

Looks lovely. Always best to do a proper job on the body. Takes some time and patience but always looks a million times better that the 'plastic' look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantomRC said:

Nice beetle! Did you use tamiya smoke on the windows? 

No, kept the windows clear, saw nothing about tamiya smoke in the manual and just kept to the manual/box art.

You just can't beat a monster beetle I'm hopeful we see a blue edition and a white edition etc etc 

20200411_105927.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moffman said:

You just can't beat a monster beetle I'm hopeful we see a blue edition and a white edition etc etc 

20200411_105927.jpg

Lovely rides!!!  Kind of reminds me of a comic book hero and their dark evil twin.