67CamaroSS

TA01/02 Drag Chassis!

Here is my crack at a drag car. I had the body for a long time but couldn’t find the right chassis. I ended up modifying the TA01 and it fit well. The light bar works. I’m just waiting for my Goodyear decals for the rear slicks an the body and wheels will be done.

its not a competitive chassis but I like the way it turned out.

4CE5CC29-3473-49D8-978B-2E6C1ECCB38F.jpeg

9144106C-3CC7-450A-802B-CB55C04E6041.jpeg

001F1FAF-DCAA-4AB2-82E9-BE4C27D545C0.jpeg

• Like 15

Any pics of the chassis / rear wheel combo? Are they F1 wheels and tryres or special dragster ones?

I used no-prep drag slicks in the back (Pro-Line tires with J Concepts wheels) and and regular 1.9 wheels and tires in front.

Here are pics of the chassis.

It started as a stock Hummer TA01.  The rear arms are set to the longer setting.  I don't recall if thats how they come on the Hummer or if I flipped them.  You could also do this with a TA02, just swap out the chassis for the longer Manta Ray/TA01 chassis

I rear width was perfect but the front was too narrow.  I tried offset wheels and even considered wider hexes but it was still too narrow.  I ended up using Manta Ray front arms.  But then those were a hair too wide so I went with the blue front hub carriers, that which are a little shorter than the black or red ones.  The width was then just about perfect.

Here is a quick pic, during the mock up.  I did later remove the front drive train and main shaft and the rear is locked.  Right now its just a roller.

TA01 Drag.jpg

• Like 5

It looks awesome!

I never understand Drag Races or Tractor Pulling but i like the looks of these cars.

Nearly 20 years ago, I built the Revell Kit and just really liked the look of the car.  I had the body for more than 5 years but luckily the RC Drag stuff took off which made finding parts, especially the tires and wheels, much easier.

I also have the Traxxas Funny cars and while they are really cool engineering feats, especially with the staging and burnout controls from the radio, for me, I lost interest fairly quickly.  But they still look great on the shelf.

TonyFotiRevell.jpg