Sign in to follow this  
markbt73

Antique store score!

My wife and I spent our Labor Day bumming around antique shops, and in the last place we went, I spotted this old thing, high up on a shelf, for $65. Had to grab it.

What's weid is that it's clearly not a "coupe" body. I don't remember if this was another of the Good Times kits, or if this was an optional body. It's clearly made for this chassis, as it fits very well. The car has Futaba electronics and an unknown modified motor.

Not sure what to do with it... it's not really my style, but it's a well-done model. Maybe I'll just let it sit around for a while and see if it grows on me...

hemi1.jpg

hemi2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I think you did very well for $65.  Someone is trying to sell a hemi motor kit (no car chassis or body) for nearly $200 on eBay at the moment, although there's an online retailer showing it went for $17 originally (but discontinued now).  Looks like you can still get spare parts directly from Parma if necessary.

Good find.  Whoever owned it did a great job with that motor. I don’t think Parms makes RC stuff anymore so almost all Parma bodies and parts are rare and expensive now.

I have one of those, but have noT opened it.  I know the body cane with a separate piece for the bottom fenders but I have never seen that top with the two side windows.