Sign in to follow this  
JamieD

Super hotshot black springs

Hi,  very new to the hobby, just built a pumpkin , and eagerly awaiting a delivery of the super hotshot.

I am wanting to paint it black . 

The shocks that come are bright yellow and i would prefer them to be black.

I know that the front and rear are different sizes , just wondered if black ones off another tamiya model would suit. 

Or somewhere where i could get them, without to much modification as im still a novice.

Im only running it for my own pleasure i dont need high performance parts.

Any advice would greatly appreciated

I’ve read on here that it’s possible with some materials to dye the parts, there’s a few posts on here somewhere about it.

As Lee76 said you could try dying them. Rite dye is the usual go to - but I don't know how successful that would be as the plastic is already coloured.

I know tamiya do do black shocks  - just depends whether they are the correct length for the super shot. I don't have one so can't really say.

Failing that, I'm sure amongst the myriad after market 1/10 shock sellers there will be something suitable, like these although I can't vouch for their quality.

2 hours ago, Silver-Can said:

Failing that, I'm sure amongst the myriad after market 1/10 shock sellers there will be something suitable, like these although I can't vouch for their quality.

Actually I got a set of those (obviously different size, but same model/seller), and they don't hold oil. The bottom seal blows out on the first few compressions. I had to throw them away.

I know the DF03 Dark Impact comes with black shocks as standard, and their lengths are pretty close to what you'd need for the Super Hotshot.

10 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Actually I got a set of those (obviously different size, but same model/seller), and they don't hold oil. The bottom seal blows out on the first few compressions. I had to throw them away.

I know the DF03 Dark Impact comes with black shocks as standard, and their lengths are pretty close to what you'd need for the Super Hotshot.

Yeah I know quality can be err variable lets say 😉. I've had some cheap after market shocks that have been pretty reasonable, others, not so much - sometimes even from the same manufacturer. Guess it depends whether they're assembled before or after dinner 🤪.

I too wondered about the DF 03 ones but wasn't sure about availability.

OP - I guess once you've got your SS you can look at exactly what sizes you need and have a look at what tamiya provide.