p8ntmaster

ride height

Is there a way to increase the ride height on my ta03f? i guess my shocks needs to be replaced cos there are 2 diferent types on the car. is there anything more i can do to increase the hight on it?

Could you be a little more specific? It would help the members here give more relevant advice.

How far do you want to increase it? What is your final goal? How high is it currently (with a picture or 2 if possible)?

hehe sry new in here so didnt think about pictures. will fix it. about the height i just want it to go clear for minor stones on the pavement cos as it is now the body is almost in the ground and cant raise it anymore coz the guy i bougt it of has cut the body mount brackets just.above the body. but im not sure i need it higher new shock may fix it coz i rhink the ones that is on are broken.. 

im just guessing i consider me as a noob in this area..🤣🤣🤣

Does the body hang lower than the lowest part of the chassis?  If so it might be more effective to replace the body mounts and lift the body so the lower edge is level with the lowest part of the chassis.  I'm not sure what type of mounts are used on the TA03F or how rare they are but the manual may be of some help.

There are several generic ways to increase ride height.

• Add more spring adjusters to the springs.  I expect your springs are already under partial compression, so this will also increase preload and change the handling.  The car will be stiffer sprung with more tendency to leave the road over bumps.
  • Add a longer shock eye to the bottom of the shock.  As far as I know, the standard shocks should have a short shock eye.  There are sometimes longer ones on the original parts sprues.  This will increase the height without changing the handling, provided there is enough movement in the suspension.  If you max out the suspension travel and have to compress the shock to get it to fit, it has the same effect as increasing preload while also shortening the maximum suspension travel.
  • Fit longer shocks.  As above, you will be limited by suspension travel.  You might be able to go 5mm longer than standard shocks without problems.
  • If you max out suspension travel, sometimes you can get more travel by grinding away at the suspension arms and uprights.  Sometimes you can get away with it without weakening any structural area but I don't know the TA03F parts specifically.
  • Fit rally block tyres.  These have a slightly taller profile and might get you a few extra mm of ride height.

Some TA03F variants were sold with rally style bodies, so it may be that the chassis can give you a few more mm using one or more of the above approaches.

1 hour ago, p8ntmaster said:

coz the guy i bougt it of has cut the body mount brackets just.above the body.

28 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I'm not sure what type of mounts are used on the TA03F or how rare they are but the manual may be of some help.

Part number for the body mounts is 0005660 (TA03 D-parts). You need two of them.

• Like 1

Was trying to upload some picture but havent managed due to wrong size on the image.

I have about 5 mm free ground clearence at the front atm from the chassie to ground

I ordered some new body mount but havent got them yet. Thinking of replacing the shocks and hoping that helps.

If i lift the chassie up, the front wheels and suspension drop like 10-15 mm and if i drop the front end there is no spring at all in the shock when it lands so i guess the shocks ar bad.

Will try to fix the images so i can upload them

hehe i think i know what the problem was.. The front shocks fell apart when i tock them.of last night so i guess there was my problem had a pair of tamiya orginal shocks  so put them on and the car lifted about 10mm. 

• Like 1