One of the fun parts in building a crawler is accessorizing it. Got a roof rack for an MB G500. It's a little wider for the JB74 roof but looks ok to me. I also put two roof lights instead of the usual 4. I also installed a metal ladder at the back. Then added a few red accents.

8rqmIo0h.jpg

u2He5jih.jpg

Z2K2mEHh.jpg

78FPw4Ih.jpg

dvUw1rWh.jpg

5chBpw5h.jpg

• Like 3

Made a short video. Testing out the body roll after installing the steel roof rack and added a few accessories on it. I like how the body moves now on rocky terrain on my makeshift backyard mini trail. 

• Like 3

Installed new tires. From 98mm to 105mm. Looks great (I think). 

H0jzOnKh.jpg

P22VGowh.jpg

n9KJKboh.jpg

EbYpT9hh.jpg

Also installed new GRC roof lamps. Looks much better than the previous ones. 

Jjj6IiGh.jpg

•  
  • Like 2

A slow-motion video to show the body and suspension movement on rocky terrain. I really like the outcome of this set up.

• Like 3

I really am falling in love with this. So good.

MUST.RESIST.PURCHASE 😆

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I really am falling in love with this. So good.

MUST.RESIST.PURCHASE 😆

I must say follow your urge. Haha!

But seriously, it'll be worth it. I really enjoyed the slow build on this rig. Took me almost two years but somehow I know that it's still not complete yet. Something else is missing... 😆

• Thanks 1

Ordered these straps and they look great! It just took time adjusting and fitting until you get the right tightness and not snap the plastic locks,

OOuxqbPh.jpg

TemrboKh.jpg

Jz1ATQch.jpg

• Like 1

So I couldn't resist this GRC side tool case accessory when I saw it, I just had to order a pair for each side and installed them. Looks good in my opinion.

DiCSV85h.jpg

BRREqdth.jpg

NIPQQF2h.jpg

NWU0UJUh.jpg

OiCH7H5h.jpg

ax7cpBNh.jpg

8fZSflch.jpg

• Like 3

New wheels and tires (again).
I ordered this set four times and three of those were cancelled. Last try (4th) and I finally got it.

Love the way it looks.

nsw37aZh.jpg

o74la9kh.jpg

ZLSPPPgh.jpg

H10MTrqh.jpg

luIZxTJh.jpg

NeOoHEJh.jpg

u2l0W4eh.jpg

jsJf0uih.jpg

3DnnX7Jh.jpg
  • Like 6

That looks better every time I see it! 🍻🤟👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Honestly, it's so impressive. 

I'll be starting on my CC-02 soon. With Axle Mounted Servo and some luck, it might be half as good... but I haven’t built one, so that's pure speculation! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Carmine A said:

That looks better every time I see it! 🍻🤟👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Honestly, it's so impressive. 

I'll be starting on my CC-02 soon. With Axle Mounted Servo and some luck, it might be half as good... but I haven’t built one, so that's pure speculation! 

What body are you putting on the CC-02? That roof rack I installed on mine fits the G-Wagon's roof perfectly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

What body are you putting on the CC-02? That roof rack I installed on mine fits the G-Wagon's roof perfectly.

Mine comes with the Unimog body... but as my OLD, overspent and Failed CC-01 will be SCRAPPED for parts (almost the same Bearings, and there's a few other bits I can use)... 

I'm also using the "Ford" Landfreeder body. So as nice as the roof rack is, it wouldn't fit. But it's the perfect topper for yours!! 😎👍👍

4 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

Mine comes with the Unimog body... but as my OLD, overspent and Failed CC-01 will be SCRAPPED for parts (almost the same Bearings, and there's a few other bits I can use)... 

I'm also using the "Ford" Landfreeder body. So as nice as the roof rack is, it wouldn't fit. But it's the perfect topper for yours!! 😎👍👍

That's sad for your CC-01. I wouldn't scrap it if I were you.

Mine still gets upgrades from time to time. In fact I just added new skid guards which be installed soon on the CC-01. That chassis has so much sentimental value to me as it was my (late) dad's. He bought the CC-01 in 1996 and I bought my FF-01 at the same day and time in our local hobby shop.

• Like 2

Some updates on this rig.

Last week, I lowered the height by 5mm. Looks better but there's a minimal scraping of the tires and wheel arches. 

lgLfrl2h.jpg

fMPpVGJh.jpg

So yesterday, I went out and took this baby for a spin since it's been a while since it was last driven outside.

TVROqK1h.jpg

Vp39c8xh.jpg

hIJQb4sh.jpg

rP9QjI7h.jpg

UifDVwCh.jpg

Ia1pLqbh.jpg

FZn6D9kh.jpg

Using a Go Pro 11 attached to a 3-axis gimbal, I was able to multi-task by shooting and driving while strolling at a nearby trail. I have also adjusted the suspension. Lowered but more travel and body roll is much better and more scaled as seen in the video when the body moves and sways.