Hi TC community,

just recently I noticed while starting a new thread, that you get a warning for the pending approval by a moderator?

Never noticed that before, but I could anyway start the thread and 2 days later it was officially approved and everything is as normal.

Another person here in the forum got the same warning on a post he wanted to make, but it is still not showing up since 2 days.

Can anybody maybe give some explanations on the background / rules of this standards?

At least I never noticed them yet. Would be cool, to understand it better. For sure it´s meant to make the forum better.;)

Thank you everyone for your answers,

Matthias

Hi,

There are only two reasons really for moderation of posts. The first will be that your account is being moderated for something you have done (not in your case). The second is if you post in the builds section. The builds section is moderated as despite having some very clear guidelines members insist on posting finished models or asking simple question that belong elsewhere. The builds section is for builds or restorations that are documented from start to finish.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, acprc said:

Hi,

There are only two reasons really for moderation of posts. The first will be that your account is being moderated for something you have done (not in your case). The second is if you post in the builds section. The builds section is moderated as despite having some very clear guidelines members insist on posting finished models or asking simple question that belong elsewhere. The builds section is for builds or restorations that are documented from start to finish.

Thank you very much for the info, that makes already sense. But I think it is not, if I reply in a builds section thread? Or is it maybe approved without warning / erased later if "offending, wrong or sth. else"?

• Like 1

I mentioned it as well when I startet The Build threads and felt a bit strange. Thanks for explaination. All my other  big threads started at Vintage category, so no warning.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Thank you very much for the info, that makes already sense. But I think it is not, if I reply in a builds section thread? Or is it maybe approved without warning / erased later if "offending, wrong or sth. else"?

Your account has no restrictions so you should be able to reply with no problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acprc said:

Your account has no restrictions so you should be able to reply with no problems.

Thank you, was actually also asking for someone else, who had problems to replying. ;)

Thank you for clarifying the backgrounds of the forum checks!

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Collin said:

What would this restrictions be? Just curious about. 

Hi,

In general it would be a check of what you are posting before it goes live.

• Like 1