toyolien

M-07 / M-08 Anyone use one just fun?

To be honest I think it's about time they did a good run of 225mm body's. If you had the choice of any body what would you go for?

1 hour ago, Blista said:

Unfortunately there's no Tamiya Mini Cooper body to use with it.  The secondhand ones still being sold are now too expensive and I think the rear would have to be chopped to fit around the chassis.  Even the brands like RCON who had not bad Mini bodies seem to have stopped making them now.  I've come to terms with my RC Mini Cooper grief.  ;)

Yeah there would need to be no overhang if using those Yeah Racing hubs.

I am sure you can still get the NZ made Frewer mini body FWIW.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, berman said:

Thanks, I've looked around at almost every other Mini body out there but I've always wanted one with the detail of the Tamiya Monte Carlo.  I still remember Tamico selling them cheap and I was going to get one (or two) but decided I would have time to do that in future.  Then Tamiya stopped producing them.  Ah well, can't say I didn't have time since they were in production for what must've been a quarter of a century!

5 hours ago, berman said:

The is the Team C TM205 Mini body I got this year for my M07; it's 225mm wheelbase. Maybe not as detailed as the Tamiya ones but it's a Mini! It sits a little wide, probably due to scaling it to a 225mm wheelbase. You might need to Google a bit to find one in stock, though. I bought mine in February this year. As an aside; February seems like a million years ago now.

IMG_1041.JPEG

IMG_1038.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

The is the Team C TM205 Mini body I got this year for my M07; it's 225mm wheelbase. Maybe not as detailed as the Tamiya ones but it's a Mini! It sits a little wide, probably due to scaling it to a 225mm wheelbase. You might need to Google a bit to find one in stock, though. I bought mine in Febuary this year. As an aside; Febuary seems like a million years ago now.

IMG_1041.JPEG

IMG_1038.jpg

I have seen those 'Phat' ones, thatlook similar to that, 225mm I think also.

I'm ok for mini bodies at the mo :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, berman said:

Yes, it definetly looks like a 'phat' Mini, but I like it. The slightly larger rally-style tires help the looks as well. Looking online it seems like I got the last of them, they seem to be out of stock everywhere. 

On 9/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, jupitertwo said:

Was that in stock kit form, or did you require some hopups? How much did you achieve?

I’ve been tempted in to ordering one after all the chatter in this forum. Mainly for the build, but it’d be nice to get it out and about some. 

No Hop-ups - I don't think the M07R needs anything adding really. I went for a alloy steering rack but that was it. 

27 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

No Hop-ups - I don't think the M07R needs anything adding really. I went for a alloy steering rack but that was it. 

Coo, thanksl. I only went for the M07 Concept, a I have a set of trf dampers to put on it. Not sure about anything else being required. All the surfaces I'll run on are rough at best, so bumping some ground clearance is always useful.

2 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Coo, thanksl. I only went for the M07 Concept, a I have a set of trf dampers to put on it. Not sure about anything else being required. All the surfaces I'll run on are rough at best, so bumping some ground clearance is always useful.

You might want to use longer ends on the shock bottoms and remove the front and rear droop limiter bits too if you really need more ground clearance - though you might need to increase the steering link lengths if doing that possibly. 

I suppose another option might be to consider a full size set of 1/10th rally wheels (like you see on Xv-01) - probably have clearance issues though and a few other side effects.... 

On 9/12/2020 at 5:37 PM, berman said:

The Phat body I got was 210mm 😉