Juhunio

Porsche 934 RSR 230mm 'Baby Blue'

Spent much of this morning installing the LED light set that came with the kit, plus a couple of extra orange LEDs. 

It is super-fiddly, what with the tiny LED stoppers and screws, all those wires in various twined groupings, and trying to find neat and tidy ways to route the wires around the shell and keep them as hidden as possible and out of the way of the body posts

But, with the application of some time, patience, various widths of heat shrink tubing, Tamiya LED clips, cable ties, double sided tape and some industrial language, I got to a place I'm pretty happy with 

IMG_7574.thumb.jpeg.079aba9df0d790d40dd61607399af22f.jpeg

IMG_7576.thumb.jpeg.2fa16d4f431c24f3b980dd0f1c052ead.jpeg

IMG_7577.thumb.jpeg.549972e1a889a9d7592eb61329e4d05d.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Hmm, yup, I'm a relative newcomer to all this but have fallen foul of Real Life Logic vs Tamiya Logic a few times already!

WELCOME my Friend, to the unexplainable World of Tamiya!! 😜

• Haha 1

The LIGHTING turned out awesome!!! It doesn't get less fiddly as time goes on - but the end result never ceases to give that feeling of satisfaction. 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:20 AM, Shodog said:

Your car turned out really well. How you cut the pop shaft and mashed the end was what I had in mind also. 

I have one of the max speed chassis for my anniversary build and when I found out about the 230mm I ordered one up. I started a new black Porsche build. Then COVID hit and the BS with maxspeed started. They stated DHL was no longer shipping small packages. I asked on here about shipping and some confirmed the decreased shipping but then I got two different parts from two different German sellers so after 4 months of waiting I got my money back. Here is where it sits

6E274ABE_43AC_487E_BC15_ACAE1679F5DC_Ful

E29E73F6-CB67-4811-91EE-AFA3991B5E97_zps

So apparently I am not the only one that got screwed by maxspeed.  I orders my chassis and towers in June and got the excuse about DHL in July and then early September.  Because the purchase is so old I can’t even message him about it anymore.

curious as to if he marked yours as shipped?  Guess it is time to file a PayPal claim

1 hour ago, Scott_CT said:

So apparently I am not the only one that got screwed by maxspeed.  I orders my chassis and towers in June and got the excuse about DHL in July and then early September.  Because the purchase is so old I can’t even message him about it anymore.

curious as to if he marked yours as shipped?  Guess it is time to file a PayPal claim

He marked mine as shipped. After waiting about a month I contacted him and he said it was sent back to him. Thing is he never contacted me to say that he got it back.  Very disappointing. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shodog said:

He marked mine as shipped. After waiting about a month I contacted him and he said it was sent back to him. Thing is he never contacted me to say that he got it back.  Very disappointing. 

I got a response to my missing item case today.  He is sticking with the “all packages to US and Australia were returned”. He is offering to send it DHL ground/sea.  I told him as long as I have a tracking number that shows me that it is moving then I will be fine.  It blows my mind that he thinks it is ok to just leave people hanging like that.

**UPDATE**

Maxspeed has shipped me something.  I assume it is what I ordered.  Hopefully it is here by the end of the month.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott_CT said:

**UPDATE**

Maxspeed has shipped me something.  I assume it is what I ordered.  Hopefully it is here by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear from those bad experiences! But hopefully it´s only due to Corona packaging issues!<_<

He is a nice guy, and offered me to do the 230mm version after I asked him, if it would be possible. I draw up a sketch and made up the true 230mm version.

And it´s really nicely made, and not expensive for being cut in Germany. But of course, shipping to another country is another thing.

I keep my fingers crossed, that you finally get it!

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:28 AM, Scott_CT said:

Great news!!!!  Chassis and towers arrived the other day.  Now to find time for the build.

Great! Enjoy the build :)

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:17 AM, Shodog said:

I might have to do that. I just got frustrated with the seller. It was always excuse after excuse. I got my money back but I’d much rather have the chassis. 

He managed to send a 236mm lower deck to me, upper deck was correct. Sent him a message Wednesday last week, haven't got any feedback yet. Hopefully he will send me the correct one, if not he will have to pay me back the whole amount that is also including the 25% prepaid VAT.  

• Sad 1

I reordered one in late November. Surprise surprise nothing has shown up except for his excuses. 

• Sad 1

Hey @Shodog and @TurboRSR sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with Maxspeedparts. I can only reflect on my own (pre-pandemic) experience which was 100% positive and more in line with @ruebiracer's comments above and the seller's overwhelmingly positive eBay feedback. Hard to understand what's up there, but hope you get it resolved.

@Scott_CT how are you getting on with yours?

I feel like I need to rename this thread, as my 934 isn't 'baby blue' any more! In the end I felt it deserved a racing livery of some sort, so I bought a new shell and took it back to black...

JPS has always been one of my favourite racing liveries, so I got some stickers from MCI to mix with the Black Edition sticker set. The MCI sheet is full of lovely curved pinstripes which ended up working together to create a continuous line front to back across the whole shell :).

The lighting is a bit harsh on the cutting of the big JPS sticker on the bonnet, it doesn't look that bad in normal light (honest)

spacer.png

spacer.png

It also meant I was able to use the kit wheels and tyres, which are now glued too so it's ready to run!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 5:03 PM, Shodog said:

I reordered one in late November. Surprise surprise nothing has shown up except for his excuses. 

Sent him a new message today, got an answer shortly after were he apologized and wrote that he had forgot it. He had the correct lower deck on the desk in front of him and was going to pack it and send it to me. 
Hopefully I get it soon :) 

• Like 1

Did you make the body holes in the factory dimples, or did you move them? I just put my body on top of the body posts, and it didn't look too bad. 

11 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

Did you make the body holes in the factory dimples, or did you move them? I just put my body on top of the body posts, and it didn't look too bad. 

Yes, the ones higher up the bonnet and below the rear window suit the TA02, those nearer the front of the bonnet and halfway up the rear window suit the 49400 TA05 variant 👍

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Yes, the ones higher up the bonnet and below the rear window suit the TA02, those nearer the front of the bonnet and halfway up the rear window suit the 49400 TA05 variant 👍

I was unsure if I had to adjust the holes slightly because of the shortened wheelbase, but then it should be fine to use the original ones :)

1 hour ago, TurboRSR said:

I was unsure if I had to adjust the holes slightly because of the shortened wheelbase, but then it should be fine to use the original ones :)

Yup, the shell is designed for the shortened wheelbase!

It's worth taking real care with the rear holes, it's quite tight in that strip below the window and the holes need to cut vertically down rather than 'straight' into the plastic, if that makes sense?