Sign in to follow this  
benitom

Kyosho Optima Mid Rebuilding Shocks - Shaft Stuck

I have original Kyosho Optima Mid (Gold) shocks that I would like to rebuild. I am not able to remove the shock shaft. It is stuck and I don't want to force it. I have built shocks before and it seems fairly straight forward to reverse the process. I am sure I am making a noob mistake but I can't figure it out. Any recommendations? 

Can you post a picture of the shock?  After unscrewing the shock top cap and draining the oil out, unscrew the ball end on the shaft (use non-scratch pliers or use some sort of protection on the jaws so the shaft isn't ruined), then push the shaft up through the shock through the hole using a toothpick and the shaft w/piston will come out the top.

12 minutes ago, Champ85 said:

Can you post a picture of the shock?  After unscrewing the shock top cap and draining the oil out, unscrew the ball end on the shaft (use non-scratch pliers or use some sort of protection on the jaws so the shaft isn't ruined), then push the shaft up through the shock through the hole using a toothpick and the shaft w/piston will come out the top.

"then push the shaft up through the shock through the hole using a toothpick and the shaft w/piston will come out the top"

That's the part that's stuck. I will try a toothpick or something similar. I tried using a small screwdriver but I was afraid to damage it. Maybe I need to use more force and hope for the best :)

I will post a pic if I strike out again