TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

On 3/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, jupitertwo said:

Bored listening to a conference call, so I had a doodle.
Postal-09-suggestion-01.png

I'm looking for suggstions as to where best to place the Tusken Raiders?

Very  good looking track ! 

But what is the process / condition about track ?  When it's confirm ? Which criteria (  is needed, apart Tusken Raiders ? ) 

My finger want to run .. 

1 hour ago, Charles M said:

Very  good looking track ! 

But what is the process / condition about track ?  When it's confirm ? Which criteria (  is needed, apart Tusken Raiders ? ) 

My finger want to run .. 

Anyone is welcome to suggest a track layout. The previous round's winner (in this case @jupitertwo) then chooses one of the designs, or designs his own as he sees fit. Once this choice is made, the next round begins. 

• Like 2

Just a suggestion, but maybe go over some of the older ones if we are at a loss just now? Some can see if their time have improved and those who are new and just started could get a shot at them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Just a suggestion, but maybe go over some of the older ones if we are at a loss just now? Some can see if their time have improved and those who are new and just started could get a shot at them?

I had that same thought... I've been putting together a list of the first (soon to be) 9 rounds, which I'll post prior to round 10, so we can either revisit one of the old ones (or all of the old ones if we decide to get creative and combine them all!) or we can just do another new track that's completely different than all the others. Round 10 could be kind of a "milestone" round depending on how we decide to run it :D

(sorry I was MIA for round 8, we were buried under a foot of snow and I kept breaking cars!)

Edit: I'll need some extra corner markers this time, but @jupitertwo's latest design looks like fun! You've got my vote for round 9! (for whatever that's worth)

• Like 2

My Vote is either for @jupitertwo's Track.... I've got a couple of Cars that would LOVE that Track!!  Or revisiting a previous Track might also work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

My Vote is either for @jupitertwo's Track.... I've got a couple of Cars that would LOVE that Track!!  Or revisiting a previous Track might also work. 

I'm in the same camp as you mate.

• Like 1

There appears to be a lot of support for @jupitertwo's track suggestion, which is great as he is the person who has the honour of choosing the track for round 9. What do you say @jupitertwo? Care to make it the official Round 9 layout? Or would you prefer to revisit a previous track?

20 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

There appears to be a lot of support for @jupitertwo's track suggestion, which is great as he is the person who has the honour of choosing the track for round 9. What do you say @jupitertwo? Care to make it the official Round 9 layout? Or would you prefer to revisit a previous track?

Lets give it a try. :)
I've not had chance to run it yet, so I'll be interested to hear how people find it when they do.

• Like 1

Well I went out for a play after homeschool finished, as the sun was out, and set up the then proposed track on a perfectly sized bit of unused grass I've found down by the village hall.

Lots of fun. Quite testy and lots of throttle control needed. Really enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

Got some laps in this morning with the TB05. Interesting track, quite easy to lose time.  I think anyone with a grippy surface could do very well. I was sliding a lot, hard to be consistent. Once I got more confident with squeezes of the throttle the time started to come in. I think there’ll be gains to be made making use of brakes on the esc perhaps. 

I got a nice rhythm on the track, certainly not as quick as round 8 for me. I did start to wonder with some track development time there could be some tweaking to be done. Perhaps a 9.5 version for later on ?

• Like 1

I love the track on grass, but then I've also discovered that my dt03 is brilliant fun on grass running Schumacher mini spikes. My other tyres are the stock ones from the kit and are almost completely bald. No grip at all so tarmac is just skiddy slide. Good fun, but no good for trying to race on!

I'm hopefully going to fettle the car this week. Got some bearings so I'll strip it and put those in.  Then I'm going to truggy it so we'll see how that works on grass.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Charles M said:

Let's Go 

source.gif

I'll bet ONE of my Cars can beat that!! 😜😂

2 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I'll bet ONE of my Cars can beat that!! 😜😂

A funny one ? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Charles M said:

A funny one ? 

This one could!

2020-10-16_05-25-03

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

This one could!

2020-10-16_05-25-03

Looking good in yellow bus school !

Had a go with the touring cars this afternoon. The track takes some getting used to but is definitely fun. I like the way my son steadily glides round the corners while I'm all jerks of acceleration and braking. I'm still a couple of laps ahead at the moment but I'm pretty sure this time he'll catch up quickly.

I had a go with the Desert Gator on grass yesterday and gave up pretty quickly due to complete lack of steering capability. The ribbed stock tyres are fine on tarmac or concrete but just don't grip on grass. I know #Mud4fun is an expert on Schumacher tyres, but as he isn't in the forum at the moment, can one of you guys point me in the right direction? Would mini spikes, green compound be usable?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Had a go with the touring cars this afternoon. The track takes some getting used to but is definitely fun. I like the way my son steadily glides round the corners while I'm all jerks of acceleration and braking. I'm still a couple of laps ahead at the moment but I'm pretty sure this time he'll catch up quickly.

I had a go with the Desert Gator on grass yesterday and gave up pretty quickly due to complete lack of steering capability. The ribbed stock tyres are fine on tarmac or concrete but just don't grip on grass. I know #Mud4fun is an expert on Schumacher tyres, but as he isn't in the forum at the moment, can one of you guys point me in the right direction? Would mini spikes, green compound be usable?

At the moment i am running green slim mini spikes on my 2wd buggy on grass and the moment. When it really dries out or on astro the cut stagger yellow are great, but green mini spike is a good place to start. You'll need the slim foam inserts too. 

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Would mini spikes, green compound be usable?

I'd say so , I have blue (hardest) to last and on grass plenty of grip

• Like 1

I'm running yellow mini spikes at the back with cut staggers up front (2wd dt03). Loads of lovely grip on grass.

Except the front sometimes, which doesn't grip on occasion and won't turn.:lol:

Many thanks for the tips guys - mini spike green it is then! Will these fit on the standard 2.2 Desert Gator wheels with no problems?

10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Many thanks for the tips guys - mini spike green it is then! Will these fit on the standard 2.2 Desert Gator wheels with no problems?

Yup, just don't forget the foam inserts 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Think you may need the 4wd front tire on those wheels ,I had to with my sand viper ,this one I think https://www.racing-cars.com/wheels-tyres/off-road-tyres/off-road-tyres-compound=green/mini-spike-2-front-tyres-green-2-2-pr-u6515?returnurl=%2fwheels-tyres%2foff-road-tyres%2foff-road-tyres-compound%3dgreen%2f

• Like 1