TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

23 minutes ago, Charles M said:

**** i forgot to send my Results  :-(

[EDIT] Just send my Results with XV01 and DT03.  

You made it just before I turned the form responses off, so your results have been added to the sheet above. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

You made it just before I turned the form responses off, so your results have been added to the sheet above. :)

Yeppey Thanks a lot!

• Like 2

Thank you for the results @TurnipJF and also congrats for the win!

It's good to see that there's even more people and cars participating since the last time I was part of this.

Wouldn't it be great to have a picture of all the cars participating together, with the podium and all? :lol: too bad it's not possible, but seeing the ranking displayed makes me think of such things. Anyway, nicely done everybody 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Thank you for the results @TurnipJF and also congrats for the win!

It's good to see that there's even more people and cars participating since the last time I was part of this.

Wouldn't it be great to have a picture of all the cars participating together, with the podium and all? :lol: too bad it's not possible, but seeing the ranking displayed makes me think of such things. Anyway, nicely done everybody 👍

Thanks! And congratulations to you too for being the fastest driver on grass! Not an easy surface to do well on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great work. Thanks for running this. Hopefully my driving will improve with a few more rounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TurnipJF Mate... WELL DONE!! 💯👋👋👋👋👋

I'm glad I at least placed, but YOU swept it! Awesome bit of Driving, Sir. 

Congrats to everyone!! These are not as easy as they look, and everyone put in a great effort. And I've seen a lot of improvement amongst you!! 👍👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carmine A said:

@TurnipJF Mate... WELL DONE!! 💯👋👋👋👋👋

I'm glad I at least placed, but YOU swept it! Awesome bit of Driving, Sir. 

Congrats to everyone!! These are not as easy as they look, and everyone put in a great effort. And I've seen a lot of improvement amongst you!! 👍👍

Thanks! I am rather pleased with the results, and I'm very glad that all of the time I've put into achieving them paid off in the end. I am in the fortunate position of having to use up a whole bunch of annual leave before the end of the financial year, so I have had two weeks of solid RC time in which to practice, along with pretty decent driving weather on the whole. (I also suspect that my place at the top of the list is due to @ryback and @jupitertwo not having entered this round!)

Looking back at the results for round 6, many of us have improved since then. I suspect that the warmer weather has had a role to play, but I would like to think that we have also become better drivers in the interim.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Thanks! I am rather pleased with the results, and I'm very glad that all of the time I've put into achieving them paid off in the end. I am in the fortunate position of having to use up a whole bunch of annual leave before the end of the financial year, so I have had two weeks of solid RC time in which to practice, along with pretty decent driving weather on the whole. (I also suspect that my place at the top of the list is due to @ryback and @jupitertwo not having entered this round!)

Looking back at the results for round 6, many of us have improved to since then. I suspect that the warmer weather has had a role to play, but I would like to think that we have also become better drivers in the interim.

I must agree. Most everyone has improved... Although I don't feel as if I've improved an awful lot. I attribute that to not having the practise time that a lot of you have. 

And yes... @ryback and @jupitertwo did both of us a favour!!! 😜😅😂

Arrival of a baby stopped play for me this round but I’ve followed the thread - great work all! No chance I’m getting anywhere near 49 laps anyway, that is a mega total! Congrats. Good to see a TT02 take the honours this round, I like that chassis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ryback said:

Arrival of a baby stopped play for me this round but I’ve followed the thread - great work all! No chance I’m getting anywhere near 49 laps anyway, that is a mega total! Congrats. Good to see a TT02 take the honours this round, I like that chassis.

Don't feel bad... I couldn't catch that either! And I was sure that I was pretty quick.

And CONGRATS Daddy!!! 👶👍👍👊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ryback said:

Arrival of a baby 

Congratulations!! 😃👍

• Like 1

I'm pleased with that for my first RBP entry - 3rd fastest TT02B overall! :D Out of 3 TT02Bs... :P

On 4/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, TurnipJF said:

Thanks to all who entered - I'll get the results posted shortly.

In the meantime, please start thinking about the track layout that you'd like to see for the next round. The winner gets to choose the layout, but everyone is encouraged to submit suggestions from which the choice can be made.

Some ideas on Tamiya Radio Controlled Guide Book

20210429235123-90d7dbd8-me.jpg

• Like 1

I quite like the one marked "PARCOURS EN T". Shall we keep it to a 5m by 6m space, or are people happier with a larger track now that coronapocalypse restrictions are not quite as severe?

• Like 2

Personally, I'm good to keep the track not too large, although that "T" will be quite tight in a confined space. I too like that track layout.

• Like 1

I like the look of the T layout as well, it should just fit in our backyard.

7 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I quite like the one marked "PARCOURS EN T". Shall we keep it to a 5m by 6m space, or are people happier with a larger track now that coronapocalypse restrictions are not quite as severe?

A little larger would be nice but I'll go with the flow 

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

One of my previous suggestions looks pretty similar (just rotated 1/4 turn and a few markers are offset from the centerlines)

Maybe too small though? (5x3 instead of 5x6)r8_suggestion_02_labels.thumb.jpg.bc1de81773c9c99a8bf6d9ea6fc3c86d.jpg

2 hours ago, El Gecko said:

One of my previous suggestions looks pretty similar (just rotated 1/4 turn and a few markers are offset from the centerlines)

Maybe too small though? (5x3 instead of 5x6)r8_suggestion_02_labels.thumb.jpg.bc1de81773c9c99a8bf6d9ea6fc3c86d.jpg

That looks good - I think the offset makes it more interesting. How about moving the upper and lower markers further up and down respectively, so the numbers on the right are 2m; 1m; 2m?

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

That looks good - I think the offset makes it more interesting. How about moving the upper and lower markers further up and down respectively, so the numbers on the right are 2m; 1m; 2m?

Something like this then?

track_02.jpg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

Something like this then?

track_02.jpg

Aye, just like that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Gecko said:

track_02.jpg

In the absence of objections or alternative suggestions, I hereby decree the above track to be the layout for Round 11. Race on!

This round will run until midnight GMT on Sunday 30 May.

Rules as per the first post in this thread, results to please be submitted via Google Forms by following this link:

https://forms.gle/1xzhEZAPsWDeez6D8

Hope everyone has fun!! 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I just realized I didn't put a direction arrow on it... are we running it clockwise or reverse? (fwiw I believe I had anti-clockwise in mind for the original)