TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 45 takes us to Anderstorp!

1 hour ago, Pylon80 said:

Which chassis are you using?

Neo Fighter, DT-03.  Basically stock.  No weight added to the front, so steering on asphalt goes into under steer pretty quickly.

• Like 1

I don't know the DT-03 but I think you can use F1 wheels on these RWD buggies, is this what you are doing on asphalt?

Oh I'm using worn out stock tires. :) I'm keeping an eye on the budget too, so happy to stick with them for a while.

It’s Show Day holiday today and still feeling a doughy from night shift last night I thought I’d give the more easily manageable  MB a go in the garden.

Once the animals were done familiarising themselves..

09C44FF1-5098-4777-99A7-BB673D5130C4.jpg

6FA75E67-26F7-4ACF-B1C6-0A17D6090D28.jpg

Racing could get underway…

1F2F00E1-B148-423E-87C4-4FE5A197728E.jpg

I must say I can’t remember the last time I so much fun on just a Silver Can 😃

• Like 7

I had a first crack at the new course yesterday and today, with a lone Manta Ray. The loyal Hornet was gonna run along, but his motor just gave its swan song and my replacements are now stored away with the other cars.

Nice and technical, but still it seems to me this track is much gentler on the motor and esc than the previous one? Works for me, since we are in the + 40s these days (°C) so anything that helps keeping it cool is welcome.

Since I moved my Postal Racing on Tarmac I'm going through so many tires, I'm going to have to stock up soon (or just go back to grass lol)

20210808-193324.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

1F2F00E1-B148-423E-87C4-4FE5A197728E.jpg

I must say I can’t remember the last

Loving this photo!! 👍👏🤙

• Thanks 1

First time trying out the  new to me F104v2 today and, well, wow! This is my first F1 and I was just not ready for this much performance especially with just an old silver can. The top speed seems spooky fast to me. The fact that it's whisper quiet makes it even more impressive. Steering is amazingly sharp as well but I haven't tried around the cones for really tight "postal" turns.

The car will need some tuning,  in particular the ESC needs more braking or perhaps some dragging brakes, not sure yet. It's also way overgeared for postal racing at 25/93. The motor gets very hot very fast. I won't have a new gear until a few days or weeks.

I will give the new track a go this Thursday!

• Like 2

Had a go with the Brat today, it could probably do with a stiffer Diff as the grass is getting a bit worn though and the looser dirt is exposed around the markers..

9E477C7E-A72D-4C43-BC39-1E604A8FDE2E.jpg

0FD85F7B-DC00-446C-BA56-07A3718F97A0.jpg

Some of the spectators kept getting on the track at times..

31CF5495-ACC9-4EBA-A0FA-8D4B3E4E9301.jpg

All good fun nonetheless 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m making a bit of pig of myself and gorging out on PR at the moment, some road stages today.

Race HQ..

1E405CA6-9DD8-4ECC-BB00-A43043E61F19.jpg

171EDC9B-2239-4D5F-8621-9982E1ED0E80.jpg

It was certainly a nice day for it 😎

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’m making a bit of pig of myself and gorging out on PR at the moment, some road stages today.

Race HQ..

1E405CA6-9DD8-4ECC-BB00-A43043E61F19.jpg

171EDC9B-2239-4D5F-8621-9982E1ED0E80.jpg

It was certainly a nice day for it 😎

Very nice! How's the TA02 for postal racing?

• Thanks 1

It’s was very satisfying, I don’t have a TT01/2 chassis to compare it with but I suspect the shorter chassis length of it helps on these compact circuits. The tyres have been cracked on it for a long time but they just keep hanging in there!! 

• Like 1

The last couple of rounds I've been keen, practiced but never recorded a proper run so couldn't post results, which was rubbish. This month I've been out practicing and recorded laps on three cars with the hope of improving on them, but if not I can at least post the scores.

Took the xv01, Terra Scorcher and tt01 out in the street today. I've practiced with the xv01, and tt01 a fair bit. I did maybe 10 practice laps with the Terra Scorcher. 

If I had needed to guess at the results I'd have said xv01 after laps ahead of the other two on similar totals. Actually the Terra Scorcher made the same number of laps as the xv01, and the tt01 made one more lap. Think I need more practice with all of them. Will hopefully get the Dark Impact and Hornet out too.

• Like 1

Buggies and TCs seldom race together, and the results are often surprising when they do. I also found my buggies to perform surprisingly well compared to my TCs - my TT-02B can pretty much keep pace with my TB-03, even though in my mind the TB should be far better suited to flat tarmac tracks, and is of course a better specced car. I suspect that the very short track length and unprepared running surfaces might have something to do with equalizing things, as even my wife's Rising Fighter and my Mad Bull are reasonably competitive. 

• Like 4

I went out late last night to finish setting up the new F104v2 chassis but forgot the track markers at home. So this morning I returned to the track with my wife and both kids. It is definitely nice to have someone counting the laps for me! Incredibly we managed 5min of relatively undisturbed driving :D Towards the end I slowed down and made more mistakes like running wide after the "straight" etc. But I did not touch or knock-off any markers. I think the car is easier to drive than the TT-02 but is really begging for larger and faster tracks. I will post that first attempt at Round 14 since there is no telling how many more times I can try again this month :)

This is fun stuff!

• Like 3

I had two more 5min attempts last night. Getting smoother but still can't last the entire time without making a silly mistake. I changed the gearing to 104/25, much shorter and yet the car feels just add fast with obviously better acceleration and cooler motor temperature. I also reduced the front droop and the car might have felt s bit more planted in the slalom section but that's hard to tell with so little stick time :)

PXL_20210820_042435447.jpg

• Like 2

More practicing this weekend, made a big jump in my lap count for the xv01, and increases for the tt01 and df03.

Been enjoying this.

• Like 2

Just submitted some results using the link on page 1, hopefully it went through? Thanks!

3 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Just submitted some results using the link on page 1, hopefully it went through? Thanks!

Aye, that's the way. 

• Like 1

Not much Postal Racing time for me this round, just submitted my first day's results since I won't be able to practice more before the deadline and I was afraid I'd end up forgetting. Hope to practice more next time. Happy racing ✌

• Like 3

Just had a good run with the Terra Scorcher and entered my laps, going to try to run the rest of the cars over the weekend and post laps for them if I can beat the preliminary records I've set.

• Like 1

I think I've sent in results for all 5 cars. Managed a great, consistent run with the DF03 earlier, improving my most recent best run by a lap. Increased my count on the tt01e too. 

Tried hard with the xv01, seems like I definitely peaked earlier in the week though, I was interrupted a lot during the last few attempts with a few cars, and lost patience with delivery drivers etc so gave up after 27 laps, I thought there was a chance of beating my record but after doing the maths, it was unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

And thus ends the current round. Thanks to all who entered!

If anyone managed to complete a run prior to cutoff but hasn't posted the result yet, please try to do so ASAP as I am aiming to get the final results collated and posted after work this evening, at which point the results form will be turned off until the start of the next round. 

• Like 1

Well I've been away for quite a while and this postal racing looks great. I'd love to have been doing this during the lockdowns. Looks like you've all had some good fun. I've got TT-01E, TT-02 and XV-01 rally cars which would love this kind of thing. This would be great fun with my mud blaster too :D

• Like 2

Here we go:

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Surface Surface modifiers? (Optional) Running weight (Optional) Best lap
1 Ferruz 60 DF-01 Manta Ray 13.5t Bluebottle 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
Tarmac was cracked and on a slight incline

2 TurnipJF 55 TT-02 Type S Race Blob 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry.

3 Toad16v 52 Xv01 Team Arai Subaru 21t smd 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

4 TurnipJF 52 FF-03 Frontie Blob 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac

5 Toad16v 49 Tt01e subaru impreza 21t smd 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

6 Re-Bugged 49 TA02SW Porsche Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac

7 TurnipJF 49 M-08 Mazda MX-5 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac

8 Toad16v 49 Df03 dark impact 23t sport tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

9 Toad16v 48 Terra scorcher 23t Carson Cup Machine. 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

10 Re-Bugged 47 M08 Mini Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac

11 Re-Bugged 47 M05 2CV Silver Can 2S LiPo Tarmac

12 Pylon80 46 F104v2 - Ferrari F2012 Silver can :) 2S LiPo Concrete

13 Toad16v 45 Hornet 25t torque tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

14 SlideWRX 43 DT-03 Neo Fighter Buggy Stock Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac

15 C64orinoco 40 TT02B Neo Scorcher Brushless 17T 7.2V NiMH Grass and concrete Grass was long-ish    
16 Re-Bugged 40 Javelin Scorcher 13.5t BL 2S LiPo Grass Patchy Dirt    
17 TurnipJF 37 ORV Monster Beetle 27t Etronix 2S LiPo Tarmac

18 MontyMole 35 TT-02B Plasma Edge II 13.5T Hobbywing Justock 7.2V NiMH Dirt It was dirty and grassy.   7.03
19 Re-Bugged 34 ORV Brat Silver Can 2S LiPo Grass Patchy Dirt    
20 Re-Bugged 33 ORV Monster Beetle Silver Can 2S LiPo Grass Patchy Dirt    
21 Re-Bugged 32 SRB Buggy Champ Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Grass Patchy Dirt  

Well done @Ferruz, and to all who entered!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1