TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

I've been on the road and off the internet for the past couple days, just tapped into the forum now and... WOW what a surprise! 😃💥 I didn't even remotely expect to win, definitely stoked that the ol' Manta Ray finally managed to clame the top spot!!

I'm off on a little road trip with my wife -and the Hornet- and this needs some celebration, we are going for dinner now so perfect timing 😊👌

The Manta will get pampered with some hop ups and dedicated maintenance when I'm back. Cheers! 👍

And once again, thank you very much @TurnipJFfor doing all of this for everybody to enjoy

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

Congrats @Ferruz, I mean... 60 laps? 😲 That is some skills!

Yeah, it's awesome. I couldn't even replicate my 52 laps. Looking forward to the next track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one @Ferruz 👍🏻 and just remember that money spent on any RC stuff while you’re on ‘holiday’ now comes in the holiday budget and is by no means frivolous spending 😉 Enjoy it.

Great racing everyone and thanks @TurnipJF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice one @Ferruz 👍🏻 and just remember that money spent on any RC stuff while you’re on ‘holiday’ now comes in the holiday budget and is by no means frivolous spending 😉 Enjoy it.

Thank you Re-Bugged for the wise words, I remember following your advice last year when I had to buy a new controller while on the road, it was definitely the right thing to do!

I hope I'll be able to spend some "holiday budget" on some RC stuff this time as well😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Thank you Re-Bugged for the wise words, I remember following your advice last year when I had to buy a new controller while on the road, it was definitely the right thing to do!

I hope I'll be able to spend some "holiday budget" on some RC stuff this time as well😆

"But Honey, this is my 'Victory' tour now!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, I came equal-first for the grass-surface racers! I need to find some tarmac, but it might be some time as we are still in Covd hard lock-down. Not allowed to go more than 5km from home. <_<

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 3:51 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Yay, it stopped raining enough to get out for a drive, and the new markers worked a treat. (sorry video is a bit on the long side 😬)

Dear @Re-Bugged

Love the video, music and after party !

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Translate this into the ~5x6m area we are working with?  I simplified it a bit with red cones.  With my driving, I'll do all the extra turns anyway unintentionally :D Netherlands.thumb.png.00cef19314d829040795c15b713d54af.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlideWRX said:

Translate this into the ~5x6m area we are working with?  I simplified it a bit with red cones.  With my driving, I'll do all the extra turns anyway unintentionally :D Netherlands.thumb.png.00cef19314d829040795c15b713d54af.png

That looks like fun! I really like the idea of a scaled down and simplified real world race track. Maybe we can do a few of them over the next couple of rounds?

• Like 2

Has anyone been using a smartphone to track/count their laps? If yes did you use a mini tripod to hold the phone, or a full size camera one? And of course which app? Thanks!

Just now, Pylon80 said:

Has anyone been using a smartphone to track/count their laps? If yes did you use a mini tripod to hold the phone, or a full size camera one? And of course which app? Thanks!

I use Laptrax and a spiderpod attached to the fence beside which I typically lay out my track. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I've been using laptrax on a 6year old Amazon fire tablet, modified to get the google play store.  It works... well enough.  I think the tablet can't quite keep up sometimes.  I get some missed laps, and frozen screens sometimes that require a reboot.  I haven't heard these complaints much elsewhere, so I'm guessing it is the tablet.

21011417_IMG_0805_1(2).thumb.jpg.73fb2610cba475f549547b8a204575c6.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All , I finally got an M05 couldn't resist dropped below £100 so shifted a car on to make room lol. Just a quick question as I  know a lot of you run them, I'm in northern england, car park and a little 'fun' indoor , rubber or metal shield wheel bearings ? look forward to your opinions, I don't do rain , damp conditions at worst , wheelchairs and rain don't mix well  lol

48 minutes ago, nicksincrc said:

Hi All , I finally got an M05 couldn't resist dropped below £100 so shifted a car on to make room lol. Just a quick question as I  know a lot of you run them, I'm in northern england, car park and a little 'fun' indoor , rubber or metal shield wheel bearings ? look forward to your opinions, I don't do rain , damp conditions at worst , wheelchairs and rain don't mix well  lol

I built my M-05 with a view to giving FWD rally a try, so fitted rubber sealed bearings to it. However I have also been using my very much on-road cars such as my TB-03, F103, etc in the postal races, all of which have metal shielded bearings fitted, and none of them show any wear or dirt issues, so if you plan on only using your M-05 in relatively clean and dry conditions, metal shields should be fine for you too.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:00 PM, SlideWRX said:

I think this would be a good, interesting track. Anyone have opinions on dimensions? I'm not in a position to draw anything up, but in my head the gaps look about even and I'm wondering if we had about 1.5m between each point horizontally and vertically?

12 hours ago, SlideWRX said:

This?

Netherlands_paint.thumb.png.58bd9093a529efeb9f0523ded0e3a3b2.png

As the slowest asphalt driver and not being able to practice a lot these days I should keep it shut :) But I always prefer less cramped tracks (2m). But then maybe 1.5m would make me a better driver 😅

I like the track a lot. 2m or 1.5m doesn't matter to me, but maybe 1.5m would be better for whoever has backyard space limitations? 

i'd like 2m or 3 or 4 with my driving, but happy to go with whatever. On another subject , since I'm waiting for parts for my m05 build and the weather is good I want to get the body done which I find a chore tbh, I know from my other kits the body post markings are pretty spot on, it's an mx5 can  anybody that's  done one please tell me if the markings were spot on ? thanks 

3 minutes ago, nicksincrc said:

I know from my other kits the body post markings are pretty spot on, it's an mx5 can  anybody that's  done one please tell me if the markings were spot on ?

New shape ones are spot on.

2020-08-31_02-52-04

Haven't built an old shape one so can't comment on that I'm afraid.