TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

YES!! Round 6 it is! 😁 

I wanted to run this one, but couldn't... SPEED will be a factor, but braking will be paramount to good Laps. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm even going to try it on rubber Slicks. 😉

• Like 3

I'm actually nervous.... I can FLY through both long legs...  But those sharp curves on the ends is daunting!! 

It was my choice, so I guess some practice is in order. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to have to stick the buggy wheels back on the Racing Fighter and have a play. Looks fun.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

@Carmine A has spoken.  This is our official Round 10 layout:A0F41597-B00A-4EE2-8620-F2AC73F79C6B.jpeg

Round 10 ends at midnight GMT on the last Sunday of the month, which is 25 April. Race on!

That great !  But i need to change the postion of the start line due to my LapCounter side ! 

• Like 1

Set up the course in the back garden and it  just fits in! With concrete borders, flower pots and a drain pipe in very close vicinity, there it is only very little margin for error though. Good thing I finally seem to have found a decent tyre setup for my DT-02 for dry grass, but if I take the turn at the end of the straight too late it's clang! against the drain!

I've try yesterday and today the new track. So great, high speed and close corner !  

Firstly yesterday, with the Peugeot 206 WRC on TA03FS, still good with rebuild damper. And last night i've remake my Ball Diff and change my Pinion to 14T to 19T. Very very long ratio into original box mounting. 

About Setup, what i need to make about Ball Diff , light tight or hard tight ? Front and Rear ? 

Today, i've try with the M01 Mini Cooper, very funny with this short wheelbase FF car.

And I've try for the first time my XV01 with Superstock RZ. motor ! Such great chassis, very versatile. Now i need to make another Lap Count Transponder for this one. 

After the 206 WRC on TA03FS, now i'm please to present my dirtiest bodyshell with Peugeot 306 Maxi ! Need some TLC. 

6120B758-595A-4578-9472-2FD66E83E72E.thumb.JPG.ebb7fffcc9dcb5f6364644a58b816986.JPG

• Like 4

Been wanting to join in on the fun for awhile and finally had my first attempt today, it looked like I handed the controls over to a toddler. I had serious issues with the steering and thought it was the servo, I put in one of my spares that came from an rtr. I knew it was junk and just figured it was in worse shape then I thought. Just as I was about to change it out I remembered the receiver has a gyro, turned that nonsense off and was good to go. Steering still wasn’t the best but manageable. Second try I managed a respectable lap count (compared to the round 6 results), every other try I was one or two laps slower.

I have a few cars I plan to run but so far I’ve only ran my stock tt02, no mods not even bearings, has aftermarket wheels/tires but they’re complete garbage. I expected it to be dreadfully slow with the torque tuned motor it came with (almost all my vehicles are overpowered) but was surprised it didn’t feel that way at all, barely ever gave it full throttle. I definitely need some more practice but glad to finally be participating.

E33BAD17-BC7B-41A4-A94D-62DA3836423B.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

Been wanting to join in on the fun for awhile and finally had my first attempt today, it looked like I handed the controls over to a toddler. I had serious issues with the steering and thought it was the servo, I put in one of my spares that came from an rtr. I knew it was junk and just figured it was in worse shape then I thought. Just as I was about to change it out I remembered the receiver has a gyro, turned that nonsense off and was good to go. Steering still wasn’t the best but manageable. Second try I managed a respectable lap count (compared to the round 6 results), every other try I was one or two laps slower.

I have a few cars I plan to run but so far I’ve only ran my stock tt02, no mods not even bearings, has aftermarket wheels/tires but they’re complete garbage. I expected it to be dreadfully slow with the torque tuned motor it came with (almost all my vehicles are overpowered) but was surprised it didn’t feel that way at all, barely ever gave it full throttle. I definitely need some more practice but glad to finally be participating.

E33BAD17-BC7B-41A4-A94D-62DA3836423B.jpeg

I don't want to check the result of the 6th round ! Just need to improve our driving mode and that be very good. I've just start to try another motor than Torque Tuned. That very interesting into result to check the motor and type of electricity of every player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles M said:

I don't want to check the result of the 6th round ! Just need to improve our driving mode and that be very good. I've just start to try another motor than Torque Tuned. That very interesting into result to check the motor and type of electricity of every player. 

I wasn’t going to look at first, but I haven’t raced since the late 90’s early 00’s and wanted to see if I could keep up or was doing terrible. I imagine everyone has improved since round 6 and will have higher lap counts this time around.

I finally had a go at the Postal course. The pictures show our very rough track at a park (yellow cones barely visisble). Medium length grass, bumpy, lots of leaves and twigs. I ran the Comical Hornet because why not? I don't think that I was in any way competitive. Driving around such a small technical track was quite a challenge! I seriously need to improve my skills, just bashing about doesn't really give one race skills.

The track just fits in our backyard, though the surface, a mixture of grass and concrete paths is not ideal; I do want to give it a try though as it suddenly seems I have got all competitive! I'll give it a go in the backyard over the nexct few weekends to see if I can improve my results.

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, TurnipJF said:

Y'all heard the man! Race on!

Postal-09-suggestion-01.png

This round runs until midnight on Sunday 28 March.

Please submit your results by means of the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/1xzhEZAPsWDeez6D8

Good luck everyone!

Why is this no longer taking entries??? 

Does there need to be a new one for every Run?

39 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

Why is this no longer taking entries??? 

Does there need to be a new one for every Run?

My apologies. I turned it off at the end of the last round and forgot to turn it on again for the start of this one. It should be accepting responses now.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

My apologies. I turned it off at the end of the last round and forgot to turn it on again for the start of this one. It should be accepting responses now.

Thank you!! Got 2 cars in...

I'm not thrilled, but I should have a decent showing between the two Cars. Good Luck everyone!!! 🏆💯

Thanks! I am hoping to get in a few runs this weekend. But to give several cars a few runs each, or to give fewer cars a greater number of runs each? That is the question...

• Like 1

Hey.... In a way, you do have an advantage. You see our stats. That's neither a negative or positive.... But it gives you figures to shoot for! 😉  

I've got a bunch of Family matters, and a BUTTLOAD of new Money to attempt to manage ($!!!!).  Really excited about ordering my FIRST 1/14th Scale Tamiya Semi Truck!!! 😊😁😁😁😁  Cannot wait to dig into that. Point is, time is fleeting and rare for this Old Fart. I'm going to try to get out again to run....  Especially if my M Chassis Tyres come in on time. 

I get this feeling that my poor little M05 isn't going to do much better - until I get a M07!!! 😜

EDIT: You may want to repost the Link, so others won't have to dig back a few pages to find where to post results. Unless it's just me. 😂😅

3 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Hey.... In a way, you do have an advantage. You see our stats. That's neither a negative or positive.... But it gives you figures to shoot for! 😉  

One of the advantages of the Google Forms method of results submission is that I don't see everyone's results until the end of the round. Unlike the days when I received them as PMs or emails and transcribed them into a spreadsheet as the round progressed, Forms does this all automatically behind the scenes, so all I need to do is log on at the end of the round and copy the results across into a forum post. I mean I could log on before the end, but that would ruin the surprise!

3 hours ago, Carmine A said:

EDIT: You may want to repost the Link, so others won't have to dig back a few pages to find where to post results. Unless it's just me. 😂😅

The submission form address is in the first post of the thread along with the rules, but here it is again just in case:

https://forms.gle/1xzhEZAPsWDeez6D8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

One of the advantages of the Google Forms method of results submission is that I don't see everyone's results until the end of the round. Unlike the days when I received them as PMs or emails and transcribed them into a spreadsheet as the round progressed, Forms does this all automatically behind the scenes, so all I need to do is log on at the end of the round and copy the results across into a forum post. I mean I could log on before the end, but that would ruin the surprise!

Well that's good! Personally I believe it would really bother me to look at someone's score - that I couldn't attain. So that is indeed a great way to do it.  YOU can run your best without preconceived notions!! 😉  

This is after all, for FUN!

I am in the fortunate position of having to use up a whole lot of annual leave before the end of the month, so I will have plenty of time to get in some entries for this round. Is this is Round 10, I have set myself the personal challenge of entering 10 different cars. 

Has anybody else set themselves personal challenges for this round? If so, what are they?

• Like 1

@TurnipJF the personal challenge I set myself for this round is to actually participate :P After all the Winter snow and various other things keeping me away from the Postal Racing it's now time to join the gang again for some "real driving" and, of course, fun!

I'm happy to say I've already reached that goal yesterday. I set up the track on grass this time, and took a few attempts with two cars so far. I'm positive I'll get more driving time today! 

It feels good to be back! 😊🏁

Screenshot-20210411-162320-Video-Player.

• Like 3

With results recorded for a mini, a touring car, a truck, a four wheel drive buggy and a rear wheel drive buggy, I am halfway towards my 10-entry personal challenge for this round.

I am quite tempted to do the second half with a different mini, touring car, truck, 4 wheel drive buggy and rear wheel drive buggy, but then I could also so do it with a comical, an F1, a scaler, a rally car and a drifter, making for not only 10 entries, but also 10 different categories of vehicle for Round 10...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@TurnipJF You're really going through with ten!! That adds a whole new scope....

I don't even HAVE 10 RCs. 😭😭 unless you include Planes. For NOW anyway!!! 😜 Plus, lately I've been really busy, mostly centred around the Tamiya Grand Hauler Semi!!!! That was on my Dream List since 1998.... I was SURE I would never be able to afford one.

Thanks to COVID PRICE GOUGING on most every other RC Cars and Trucks, to levels NOWHERE NEAR what they're worth......

Tamiya Semi Trucks are now CHEAPER than many Buggies and Trucks!!! 😲😳  (even though the Semis have been the SAME Price!) 

Right, as much as I'd love a rere Top Force EVO, there's NO chance I'm paying MORE than a Semi Truck for one. 😖

Blowing my own Horn a little 🎷🎺 

Just because I'm SO excited and overwhelmed that Life gave me the opportunity to finally do a Bonafide Dream Build... I'd love for my Friends here to come along and Follow the Build!! 👊😊 

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Ferruz said:

@TurnipJF the personal challenge I set myself for this round is to actually participate :P After all the Winter snow and various other things keeping me away from the Postal Racing it's now time to join the gang again for some "real driving" and, of course, fun!

Same same. Hoping to get some results, but life (and weather) keep getting in the way!

Just gave this a go in the street as my first ever attempt with my mildly hopped up dark impact. 

Was surprised at;

A. How rubbish I was.

B. How difficult it was (see A)

C. How little speed I could build up due to the tight turns.

D. How warm the motor and rear gearbox got 

E. That the df03 heat sink set actually does something and isn't just a shiny blue addition.

F. That I'm rubbish at keeping count and driving.

Going to build a tt01e at the end of the month. If future courses are like this I'll definitely be gearing it for acceleration rather than speed.

Really fun, thanks for arranging/designing/running this. I'll be practicing a bit with my cars this week with the hope of getting better.

• Like 2