TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

Cool cool, congrats to the winner! And well done everybody :)

• Like 2

I just want to say I had a huge amount of fun and this postal racing forced me to put my car into running condition again tune it so that it handles good and go practice. I realized that I love the tinkering but the driving is what really matters to me.

I have not had local access to a track since 2019. There is a temporary track every Saturday here in Phoenix but it's for racing only and everyone there is highly experienced. The only slow category they have is VTA which, being of European descent :) doesn't do it for me at all. Entering any other category would mean spending 1000$ and then be in the way of other cars and embarrassing myself for sure.

So... Cant wait for the next round of postal racing!

• Like 3

Aww, I missed the deadline. Good thing I keep tabs of the runs I do, at least I can compare my results.

11 minutes ago, MontyMole said:

Aww, I missed the deadline. Good thing I keep tabs of the runs I do, at least I can compare my results.

Did you miss the deadline for doing your run, or did you do your run within the allowed time but missed the deadline for posting your results? If the latter, PM them to me and I'll add them - as long as you completed the run before cutoff time, they still count.

20 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Did you miss the deadline for doing your run, or did you do your run within the allowed time but missed the deadline for posting your results? If the latter, PM them to me and I'll add them - as long as you completed the run before cutoff time, they still count.

The latter. I thought the deadline was this weekend, not the one that's just ended.

12 minutes ago, MontyMole said:

The latter. I thought the deadline was this weekend, not the one that's just ended.

Ah, that's fine then. Your results have been added to the sheet on page 60.

For future reference, the round typically ends at Midnight GMT on the last Sunday of the month. 

• Thanks 1

Woohoo, the last race I did I got the Wooden spoon with my Blackfoot, good to see the Javelin Scorcher keeping up tradition 🤣😂. Still at least it also got the fastest on sand 😁.

Great results people 👍🏻 And congratulations to @ryback  

• Haha 1

Awesome! Chuffed that the BTCC Cavalier managed to claim the top spot!

Thanks as always to @TurnipJF for continuing to organise this, it's been lots of fun over the past months.

• Like 3

Glad folks are still enjoying the postal racing!

So, any suggestions for the next track layout? I was thinking that something resembling a figure-of-eight might be good, with one loop small and tight, and the other larger and sweeping. Any thoughts or alternative ideas anyone?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

So, any suggestions for the next track layout? I was thinking that something resembling a figure-of-eight might be good, with one loop small and tight, and the other larger and sweeping. Any thoughts or alternative ideas anyone?

That's sounds good 

At some point we will have to...re-release 😁 a previously used track!

13 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

A figure-of-eight course sound fine to me

On 6/30/2021 at 1:49 AM, TurnipJF said:

Something like this?

2021-07-03_11-49-58

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Toad16v said:

Something like this?

2021-07-03_11-49-58

Yes indeed! What do you reckon @ryback?

Looks good to me - refreshingly simple!

Let’s go with this for round 13.

I set this up in the backyard this afternoon. Deceptively simple. Looks easy, but you have to be super-smooth. I was running on rough grass / concrete, so being super-smooth was a bit of a chellenge. I like it, it's a good track. I'll see if I can improve over the next few weeks.

18 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

What's the running direction @Toad16v? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Yes, which direction? Also where are you guys putting the start/finish line?

Also I have been assuming that the driver could stand anywhere he wanted or could or felt more comfortable, am I right?

37 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

What's the running direction @Toad16v? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Good point! 

Clockwise for the bottom section? Start/finish in the middle at the bottom?

Absolutely don't mind if people have alternate ideas.

49 minutes ago, Toad16v said:

Clockwise for the bottom section? Start/finish in the middle at the bottom?

This sounds alright 👍

1 hour ago, Pylon80 said:

Also I have been assuming that the driver could stand anywhere he wanted or could or felt more comfortable, am I right?

That's what I have been assuming as well.

So, given the overall approval of this track and lack of objections, shall Round 13 officially begin @TurnipJF?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ryback said:

Looks good to me - refreshingly simple!

Let’s go with this for round 13.

The Man has spoken!

Let Round 13 begin!

51287667665_048f89d99e_b.jpg

Track as above, rules as usual, round runs until midnight GMT on Sunday 25 July. Happy racing!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I set this up in the backyard this afternoon. Deceptively simple. Looks easy, but you have to be super-smooth. I was running on rough grass / concrete, so being super-smooth was a bit of a chellenge. I like it, it's a good track. I'll see if I can improve over the next few weeks.

Totally agree. Just gave this course a try and yes, in order to get a good flow, smooth is the name of the game. 

My Manta has been drifting in driftland since the used-to-be-spiked tires have lost any semblance of grip during Round 12, not sure it's conducive to good results but it's definitely fun to drive like this :P

• Like 1

Hello postal racers, I was just curious to know if anyone had entered a F1 in postal racing yet and what your thoughts were! I am wondering how these machines would do on a tiny track. And I'm dashing to finish rebuilding the F104 :D

Marc

4 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Hello postal racers, I was just curious to know if anyone had entered a F1 in postal racing yet and what your thoughts were! I am wondering how these machines would do on a tiny track. And I'm dashing to finish rebuilding the F104 :D

Marc

I ran my F103 a few times. Didn't win, but finished well. I find that the light and nimble chassis works very well on the tiny tracks, as long as your running surface is clean and smooth. 

• Like 1

WooHoo! I'm back from work for a couple of months.

This course looks ideal for me to be destroying the class timesheets*

*for a Lunchbox, on grass whilst the driver is sneezing from hayfever. And thinking of eating a pasty. Contemplating a beer too. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3