TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

Yep, I just count the laps as I go along @Tamiyastef 👍🏻
I don’t really have any means of accurately  timing specific laps so I don’t worry about that to much. 

For the first few rounds I used Laptrax to count and time my laps, but I found that I was getting too fixated on individual lap times, rather than achieving a steady rhythm. Now I just use a 5-minute countdown timer on my phone, and count my laps myself as I go. I do so aloud as this helps me keep track. 

• Like 1

so the weather on sunday was dry but cold so nipped out and had a practice and did a couple of runs the second of which was pretty good ,started a 3rd and it dawned on me I'd missed putting the marker after hairpin :( now cold and battery not at it's best corrected the course and quick practice and 1 run , at least I have 1 lol

Laptrax, best way to set it up as it wouldn't work for me outside and my son wasn't in the mood for messing with it so he just did it on his phone for me but kept putting me off with his commentary !

• Haha 1

Yesterday I had had the first decent run with the Grasshornet since last WE. I was able to make the same lapcount as my yet personal best. I also made the first attempt with the Tomahawk with body. Not good. Made a new attempt today with full spikes rear and Cut Stagger Silver front and then things started to hampen. I made the same lapcount as with the Grasshornet on the first attempt. And that was not a clean run. 

Hope to get another attempt this WE on my favorite location and in the daylight. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2021 at 7:35 AM, Re-Bugged said:

10F6BCF7-7CB4-4649-9350-69FF8C720DDE.jpg

lovely cars, what's under the 911? without giving anything away how did the M06 compare up with the M08?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a go on my favorite location today and my both cars improved their personal best. The Grasshornet is easiest to drive consistent. Maybe I should turn the throtle EPA on the Tomahawk furher down, but it is so much fun how it is now. 

The kids had a go as well, so all in all we got through three packs. 

DSC_0887.JPG

• Like 3

Weather is perfect today, too bad I'm too busy and can't take advantage of it :unsure: I enjoy this track very much, so hopefully next weekend I'll be able to have a few runs before this round is over.

Have fun and happy racing✌

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nicksincrc said:

lovely cars, what's under the 911? without giving anything away how did the M06 compare up with the M08?

Thank you👍🏻

The Porsche is a 40th Anniversary 934 sitting on a TA02SW. It’s a nice drive that one..

15686827-D8FD-4218-BA03-12D3B599B1BC.jpg 

As for the M06 (225mm) vs M08 (210mm), surprising actually in a good way. The 08 is just a joy, so when I bought the 06 I only added Super Mini CVA’s to the basic kit. Thinking it wouldn’t be as good as the 08, so not worth spending to much on it. It came with Super Grip tyres for the rear and Mediums for the front in the box which was handy.

The 08 is more planted on tight corners, whereas the 06 chatters a little on the front turning hard there. But that being said both did exactly the same lap counts in the end.

In the hands of a pro racer I dare say this would be different, the RWD’s just seem to suit my driving style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next week I'll be busy for the whole weekend, so I decided to squeeze out the best I could in this one.

20211120_151653.thumb.jpg.2d96dcc34953d58f390ff5bcb5daefbd.jpg

Compared to the previous outings, it was quite cold and humid! Just after a five minutes run, the dirt basically covered all the tyres on both of my cars, so in the end it came down to how good the soil is as a compound as far as traction goes. Still, very satisfying to pull this through.

20211121_160206.thumb.jpg.3f46faefc5ddfe89b7348b2fece0c576.jpg20211120_151720.thumb.jpg.498f6dfe5f839a0a019c372fc9d1f806.jpg

ps: Just like many others here, I too use Laptrax to keep count of the running time and the laps; I prefer to use manual mode, since I wasn't satisfied of the movement detection mode due to the lack of precision and the fact that a smartphone on a tripod is merely a target for me, and I don't want to risk ruining mine. I just plug in a microphone/earplug set and bite on the mic mute button to trigger the lap counting. I have a bunch of pet peeves with this application, but my biggest is that, on newer (not really) Android phones, it cannot save results on the phone, which meant I had to copy by hand on a spreadsheet the lap times and count. I resigned myself to Laptrax being basically abandoned, but turns out, they just updated the application! Now I can get those lap results in txt files and copypaste on an excel file much more easily.

• Like 4

I did try the laptrax app, but found just recording the attempt on my old GoPro and then watching it back on x5 speed and counting the completed laps to be far less hassle.

Maybe I'm getting old and technology just isn't for me any more :/

• Like 2

Made it back to my usual Postal Racing spot after a few weeks away.

Looks like it took me too long, lol!

20211127-161528.jpg

No more competitive runs on tarmac for me for the next many months 😁

it will have to be just about the fun, which is perfectly fine. Just too bad because I still had the cars set up for tarmac and I really, really wanted to take on Watkins Glen in this configuration one more time. At least I got some results last time in dry weather, I guess they will do for this round.

Now off to winterize the cars, and later or tomorrow I'll set up the course again on snow ❄❄❄

• Like 3

No more competitive runs for me in general - I brought out the Bruiser for my second attempt :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I dunno... get enough snow and you can bank all the turns, right? :D  Maybe the December/January tracks should be NASCAR ovals...  :lol:

• Haha 3

NASCAR oval may be fun, if anything for one round :)

Just submitted my old results for this Round, as I'm not sure I'll have time to set up the course again today. Almost done winterizing the cars, and I might just end up indulging in some free running after that, since the weather is gorgeous. Awfully cold, but sunny ❄🌡🌞

• Like 1

Also here no more efficient driving. This week was rainy, so the gravel got too loose. Now today we got snow, so it looks like the coming rounds will be driven on tarmac with snow.

If anyone has any lap counts that they haven't submitted yet, please do so ASAP as I'll be closing the form and collating the results this evening! 

3 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Please give me an hour or two. I'll submit them as soon as I come home from work.

Sure, will do!

• Thanks 1

Here we go:

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Running surface Surface modifiers (Optional) Running weight (Optional) Best lap
1 Ferruz 56 2020 Terra Scorcher 17.5t Flash Racing A series 7.2V NiMH Cracked old tarmac partially on a slight incline No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
2 TurnipJF 56 FF-03 Generic Frontie Race Blob 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
3 TurnipJF 55 M-07 Fiat 500 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
4 Ferruz 54 DF-01 Manta Ray 2018 13.5t Bluebottle 7.2V NiMH Cracked old tarmac partially on slight incline No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
5 TurnipJF 53 M-05 Suzuki Swift 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
6 TurnipJF 52 FF-01 Honda Civic 27t Etronix 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
7 TurnipJF 50 FF-02 VW Scirocco 27t Etronix 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
8 TurnipJF 49 M-03 Mini Cooper Sport Tuned (black can type) 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
9 Grastens 47 Striker 23T Brushed (Twin Star Racing 23T Inter) 7.2V NiMH Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry., I am bad at driving! :P 1682 5.39
10 SlideWRX 46 DT-03 Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac Flurries   5.97
11 Re-Bugged 46 M08 Mini Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
12 Re-Bugged 46 M06 Alfa Giulia Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
13 SlideWRX 44 DT-03 Torqued Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.   5.9
14 nicksincrc 43 m05 mazda mx5 27t silver can 7.2V NiMH Tarmac It was wet., It was damp.    
15 Re-bugged 43 TA02SW Porsche Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
16 SlideWRX 42 DT-03 Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac Darn Leaves   6.16
17 Re-Bugged 42 Wild One 13.5t Brushless 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
18 TurnipJF 42 Grasshopper II Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
19 MontyMole 40 TT-02B Plasma Edge II 13.5t Hobbywing XeRun Justock Sensored 7.2V NiMH Dirt It was damp.   6.34s
20 MontyMole 38 Terra Scorcher 17.5t Hobbywing Quicrun sensored 7.2V NiMH Dirt It was damp.   6.81s
21 Tamiyastef 34 DT-03T Mabuchi RS380S 2S LiPo Tarmac It was wet.   7.79
22 Tamiyastef 32 Grasshopper (original) Mabuchi RS380S 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.   7.98
23 Andreas W 30 Grasshornet 23t Sport Tuned 7.2V NiMH Dirt It was sandy.    
24 Andreas W 29 Tomahawk 17t YR Hackmoto 7.2V NiMH Dirt It was sandy.    
25 Grastens 10 Bruiser 27T stock 540 7.2V NiMH Snow There was snow.    

Well done @Ferruz for achieving top spot, and thanks to all who joined in the fun! Where will we be racing next I wonder? :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

congrats Ferruz and Turnip , I think I could have squeezed another few laps maybe 46 if everything went right for me but the cold really effects me and the rain cut me short but no way I could ever get near the 53 you are put in with the swift turnip, congrats, well done to everyone a good round of results there 

• Thanks 2

Very enjoyable and great racing everyone 👍🏻
Well done Ferruz & a top podium spot this time Turnip, even if you did have to share it 😉. Dang that Terra Scorcher!!!

• Thanks 2

That are impressive numbers Ferruz and Turnip! I noticed I have lots of room for improvement :D  For this track I just got 2 rounds with each car, really hope to find more spare time in December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Doh, thought I was overwriting my old times; I only meant to submit one. :lol: Good to see the progression though.

• Like 1