TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

18 minutes ago, Grastens said:

As an aside: it looks like the Google form at the start of the thread is not accepting entries. @TurnipJF is there another link we can use in the meantime? Or should I try the same link again later?

Oops, my apologies, I hadn't reset it from the last round. It should be working again now.

• Thanks 1

Obviously Grastons it's a fine example of the Super Stricker, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that's only my opinion though lol

• Thanks 1

I did my second ever race at Brands Hatch Indy.

Brands Minitwin

Didn't finish last, even if the bike ended up running on only one cylinder.

I will get a run at this circuit tomorrow. I know I've been saying this every month for a while but this time I mean it...

• Like 5

Well it was sunny yesterday, only about 7° and the car park was damp but nice to be out and having a go. Had a few runs before I froze, the M05 was lacking a bit of grip even with the super soft on the rear and medium up front but the tarmac was very cold. Hoping to get another go next week, school has finished so the car park is free all day lol 

Headed out for a go of this circuit this morning which will probably my only window of opportunity unfortunately.

I didn’t get off to a great start though . I usually take a selection of cars incase of minor hiccups. But as I only took 2 it was inevitable that one would stay in the pit.

I couldn’t run my Mini (which is a favourite for these events) as I’d forgotten to re-bind the receiver after I’d mistakenly bound it to my fresh built TT02 the other day. No binding gadget in the box with me so it was all up to the Porsche.

With a few steering adjustments on the toe-in & EPA I then had equal turning circles left & right.

The tyres are fairly shot now, so I did get some very satisfying drifts on the along sweeping right handers past the start/finish line 😃

3 attempts were made with an improvement each time. Went home smiling so that’s a good sign of an enjoyable run 👍🏻

401012EF-8643-4459-9C7A-F54E7D65C3F6.jpg

• Like 7

Few laps achive yesterday, lots of clouds but with out any rain drops. But yesk, its freezing outside ! At the end I can't feel my fingers.

First try with my TT02 on the same spot used for my RX Memorial. It was cool but no that much ground clearance for this type of terrain, lots of bumps and harsh weeds. But I had some fun in the mud. Dampers working well, but I need to install a mod to improve steering.
Second try on a pure gravel track, definitly not in course for the best laps attack. It was a good train, finding the sweet spot between steering and gas.

Good session anyway. Not its time to clear all that mess.

6J92qg9.jpg

kxOyugi.jpg

I'm thinking to fit one of those cover ? Does anyone ever tried ?

https://www.dustymotors.com/shop/universal-shroud-covers/

• Like 2

The cold is certainly killing my lap times, even without snow on the driveway.  Although I occasionally overdrive the course into the snow on the edge... :D  My driveway is crowned for drainage, but rather it has a peak in the middle, and the turn going on to the 'back' straight goes over that crest so I spend a lot of time spinning out.  The freezing/near freezing temps mean tires are unhappy.  I'll keep trying though; a good lesson in throttle control.  It might even get up to 43 F (6C) this week! :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Goudar said:

I'm thinking to fit one of those cover ? Does anyone ever tried ?

I made my own fabric cover along the same lines, and it works very well. Kamtec also make polycarbonate ones that fit nicely.

• Thanks 1

I don't own a TT-02 but have a polycarbonate cover from proline on my stampede. Works very well to keep the dirt out but on 3S and with nice weather the ESC would cut the power regularly due to overheating. That's solved now by putting some venting holes in the cover above the ESC and motor. 

Almost midnight - time to get those last few lap counts in!

I'll do the collating and posting of the results tomorrow evening after work. I wonder who will emerge victorious this time? 

• Thanks 2

On 12/19/2021 at 1:55 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Hey @EvilSpike, I think some Italian Bike racer has stolen your race number….

When I bought that bike it came with the fairings painted up and the number 48 on it.

Unfortunately 48 was already taken in the Club minitwin series, so the easiest way of editing the number was with a Stanley knife and taking out a portion of the 8 to make a 6. Unsurprisingly, no-one was using the number 46 in the entire club...

P.S. sorry for bumping this thread to the top, I bet you've come here to see if the results are posted :ph34r:

• Haha 5

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Running surface Surface modifiers (Optional) Running weight (Optional) Best lap
1 Grastens 44 F104W Ferrari 312T3 27T Sport Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry. 1146 6.54
2 Grastens 40 TA-02S Lancia 037 4WD-H 20T Traxxas Stinger 7.2V NiMH Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry. 1849 7.08
3 Re-Bugged 37 TA02SW Porsche Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry.

4 Grastens 36 Striker 23T brushed 7.2V NiMH Tarmac It was damp., There was high wind. 1716  
5 TurnipJF 36 M-04 Karmann Ghia 27t SIlver Can 2S LiPo Tarmac It was damp.    
6 nicksincrc 35 m05 mx5 27t silver can 7.2V NiMH Tarmac It was damp., cold !    
7 SlideWRX 34 DT-03 Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac So Cold   7.78
8 TurnipJF 32 Grasshopper 380 Silver Can 2S LiPo Tarmac It was damp.    
9 Goudar 31 TT02 Subaru Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Grass It was wet.    
10 Goudar 30 RX Memorial Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Grass It was wet.    
11 EvilSpike 29 Terra Scorcher 23t Sport Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry. 1716g  
12 Goudar 27 TT02 Subaru Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Concrete/gravels It was wet.    
13 Tamiyastef 26 DT-03T Aqroshot Mabuchi RS380S 2S LiPo Tarmac It was wet., Wet and cold    
14 EvilSpike 23 CW-01 Lunchbox 23t Sport Tuned 7.2V NiMH Grass No - the track surface was clear and dry. 2212g  
15 Grastens 20 Bruiser 27T brushed 7.2V NiMH Mixed tarmac and grass No - the track surface was clear and dry., It was also grassy. 3730 14.93
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Well done @Grastens! Taking the spots at both ends of the results sheet!

Now THAT'S domination :lol:

Thank you so much! I am absolutely thrilled to have placed so well this round. I definitely had time and weather conditions on my side; being able to use a clear, dry parking lot was truly an advantage.

I will get to work on a track design :)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, EvilSpike said:

P.S. sorry for bumping this thread to the top, I bet you've come here to see if the results are posted :ph34r:

Nope….didn’t walk in to that at all…..honest 🤔😉

Great job @Grastens 👍🏻 I was tempted to run my Knight Hauler as a nod to Truck Racing at Brands, and to give your Bruiser a run for its money, just never got time unfortunately.

Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nicksincrc said:

Do you have any footage of the M04 going round TurnipJF? Would love to see it if you have 

Nope, sorry. My phone was on timing duty. Here is a still photo of the car though:

2020-04-27_02-02-36

• Like 4