TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

Apologies for the delay in getting the results posted - was going to do it this evening but it doesn't look like I'll get to it. Aiming for around this time tomorrow...

• Like 3

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Running surface Surface modifiers
1 Ferruz 35 2020 Terra Scorcher 17.5t Flash Racing A Series 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
Tarmac was bumpy and cracked
2 TurnipJF 32 DT-02 Desert Gator 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry.
3 TurnipJF 32 DT-02 Sand Viper 13.5t Blackfly 2S LiPo Tarmac
4 Andreas W 30 Tomahawk YR Hackmoto 23t 2S LiPo Astro It was damp.
5 Tamiyastef 29 M-05 RpB Pick-up 540 Silver Can 2S LiPo Tarmac
6 Coopz 29 ORV - brat Silver can 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
7 nicksincrc 28 M05 mazda 27t s/c 2S LiPo Tarmac It was sandy.
8 naturbo2000 26 Super Madtute 27t Schumacher Ultra Stock 7.2V NiMH Grass
9 naturbo2000 25 Top Force Evo Silver can 7.2V NiMH Grass
10 Coopz 24 GF-01 CB hotshot Silver can 7.2V NiMH Grass
11 Tamiyastef 22 DT-02 Sand Viper 540 Silver Can 2S LiPo Tarmac
12 Tamiyastef 21 MST CMX Unimog Axial 55T brushed Crawler motor 3S LiPo Tarmac
13 Andreas W 15 Grasshornet 23t ST 7.2V NiMH Gravel First and only try.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well done @Ferruz!

I'm going to have to get creative in the next round. A trampoline appears to have been inserted into my usual running space...

• Like 1

Congrats to Ferruz again. I am really pleased with my result. With the new Mezzo rear tires the Tomahawk was flying B).

• Like 2

Gotta love that Scorcher, I didn't expect a success this time 😅 👍

Thanks to everyone that participated, well done!

Now, where to next?? I'll think about a next track, although any inputs are welcome.

And long life to Racing by Post: if the number of rounds doesn't lie, we've been doing this for two years now! A big thank you TurnipJF for all this fun 🏁🏁🏁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Ferruz!

My entry for the DT-02 was with a 10T Carson brushless combo and  not with a silvercan, my mistake when I put in the results. 

This makes the 22 lap result even more shameful 🤪

Up to number 25 "the anniversary edition" 😄

• Like 1

Wow, look at you go @Ferruz, cleaning up all over this week!! 🤣😂 

I’m off to Tamiya Base now 👋🏻 🧳 

I haven’t had much spare time of late, and I’ve yet to pick up some road tyres/wheels for my TS just to see how an Aussie one goes compared to a Canadian one 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’m off to Tamiya Base now 👋🏻 🧳

🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I haven’t had much spare time of late, and I’ve yet to pick up some road tyres/wheels for my TS just to see how an Aussie one goes compared to a Canadian one 😉

Mate, I was just wondering about your TS from down under!! You have to put her through her Postal Racing paces and see what happens! By now I feel like backing up what other postal racers would say "back in the day", when we started this: it is a mighty fine racing machine, especially considering that, aside from the budget wheels/tires, I haven't spent a dime on it since the day I finished the build! My Manta Ray has been a rabbit hole in comparison, and yet when on road it barely matches the TS's performance-at its best- while never outperforming it, at least so far. To be fair I tuned it up for off road use mostly, and it does deliver there, anyway it's fun and interesting to compare cars whenever possible.

Looking forward to seeing your Outback Scorcher on the starting grid @Re-Bugged 😉 !!! 

• Like 2

Ordered a set of wheels/tyres for it last night @Ferruz 👍🏻 Hope they will fit as I’m fairly hopeless at picking wheels online 😬

Measuring the outside diameter they are about 80mm. I found that some HPI Rally wheels with tyres (1/8 Nitro Scubby) and have 12mm hexes so should work? I’ve got the hexes in the spares box already. Coming from China they may get here before the end of the next round.

I’ve kinda held off on a 4WD Tamiya buggy before because of already having the Javelin (not that  seems to be faster than a Canadian Scorcher anyway ) but seeing a vid of a TS they have a very good turning circle over other Tamiya offerings, at the budget end anyway.

The one run mine’s had so far I was impressed with the handling 👍🏻

See you at the start line bud, not that this now in anyway getting serious or competitive at all…😉

• Like 3

About the new course, I'm on it! Took a few days as I was busy, but I should have it ready by sometime tomorrow 👍 thanks for your patience folks

• Thanks 2

And just like that -pending Turnip's approval- we are off to Silverstone!

20220703-133946.jpg

See you racers at the starting grid! 🏁🏁🏁

• Like 7

Great-looking circuit! I love the presentation as well :)

It looks like Gilles Villeneuve only finished as high as 14th for Ferrari at Silverstone (he placed 11th in a McLaren in 1977), so I will be aiming for that top-15 in the 312T3! :P

• Like 3

On 7/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, Ferruz said:

And just like that -pending Turnip's approval- we are off to Silverstone!

20220703-133946.jpg

See you racers at the starting grid! 🏁🏁🏁

That looks great! Let the fun begin!

This round will run until midnight GMT on Sunday 31 July, rules and results submission as per the first post in the thread. 

I need to head off to work now, so will edit the thread title this evening. In the meantime, feel free to start recording your laps!

• Like 2

Had the first official go at "Silverstone" with the M-05 Golf tonight at bright sunket. The trusty Tomahawk accompanied the newcomer. The Golf did well, but the lapcount stayed the same . The Tomahawk not so. I used a Set of Jconcepts Dirt Webs - that to me until now were no good. That did not change on tarmac. The rear had little grip and the tires are now on their way to participate in Projekt Baldy. 

Back to astro for the Tomahawk. I have changed the tires already. 

DSC_0977.JPG

• Like 5

I set up the Silverstone track and had my first go at it. I only have today to practice, since I'm off to Toronto for work tomorrow until the end of the month. But today I've plenty of time so there will be more attempts later! 

Sorry fellas about markers 5-6-7, they are juuuuuust a little tighter than I thought when tracing the course last week 😅 the car can barely squeeze through and a couple times I almost got yo a standstill in fear of ruining my line. Challenging, though!

This time, I wasn't too effective in setting my markers around the bumps, but it makes for a remarkable sight when the car is in action 💥

Screenshot-20220710-145323-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220710-145348-Video-Player.

• Like 6

Had a quick crack yesterday before work. On reflection I don’t think I have the driving skills for the 5-6-7 corners. The number 5 and 7 cones don’t last long! I also don’t recommend setting up on the edge of the tarmac (especially if the grass is taller than the bonnet!) - the grass-tarmac interface makes for a pretty unpredictable mini jump back onto the tarmac in mid turn.

C77BDD47-AD6F-4A2A-9AC9-3EF9A8C09115.jpeg.842d517e64e43e31569bd434a0ba178d.jpeg

I did enjoy the brat on the mixed surface circuit but next time will set up on the tarmac so only my driving skills are against me!

• Like 5

My window of opportunity is the 24th, road tyres for the TS should be here by then. My M08 Mini is now brushless, just a shame my program box needs an update to tune so it’ll probably get run on factory settings. But by the sounds of I’ll be better of using my Knight Hauler to push through 5,6 & 7 🤣

Should be fun, looking forward to as it’s been a while 👍🏻

• Like 4

Road wheels turned up for the TS today, and they fit 😁. Just need to be glued…

9050242B-6551-4772-A64E-288EBE117AE9.md. 

Applied some appropriate racing stickers too..

EA9D1DCF-4340-49AE-B7C3-3AA13EDA021F.md.

• Like 7

I have a dirt flat near me - with lots of space for this - so I think I'll give it a go. Whilst I've never raced before I think the small nature of the tracks should suit my 1/14 MF01x trucks. I'll probably be pitifully slow, but we'll see. I've got tomorrow off as A/L - may try and Amazon Prime some cones! Might make 10 laps! 

How do you grid these out? Just make a 1 x 1 m resolution grid at the right size and take it from there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

How do you grid these out? Just make a 1 x 1 m resolution grid at the right size and take it from there?

Exactly 🙂

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I have a dirt flat near me - with lots of space for this

You're lucky!

I had the third trip to Silverstone on Tuesday. A nearby kindergarden is getting a makeover after beeng closed the last year. That includes new tarmac and a tempting racetrack for meB). I gotta say the grip was outstanding. Now I feeled how good the weight-transfer works on a M-05 when breaking before a corner. No need to say I had a massive improved lapcount with the Golf. 

Allthough this site is a little narrow for this track and the shape is not square , so cone 2 and 9 are less than a m from  the lawn on one side and a curb out of timber on the other. I never made a stint without marchaling less than two times. The best way to improve is not to make errors ^_^.

This site will sadly only work for this round. By the next round the kindergarden has opened and the lovely, fresh tarmac is full of sand within hours. 

DSC_0978.JPG

• Like 5

Hi, I'm going to ask this here first here before trying anywhere else , so finally got around to building my m06 alpine jager and I put 3racing shocks on and then I noticed on the pro instructions I looked up you insert a spacer inside the shock to shorten the front cva shocks. Now the 3racing did come with a little aluminium  spacer but no real great instructions. Rear shocks are mounted at the standard point not on the pro hopup shaft. I can adjust the height at the front with the shock spring adjuster, do I need to fit the spacer? any ideas ?