TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

Hope to get a run in tomorrow, if the weather allows it, with the 380 Aqroshot and for the first time with a hopped-up M-05 with alternative body. 

20220129_212833.jpg

• Like 2

Yes! I got some practice and some "serious" runs with both cars. What a lovely track! Will get my results in today.

20220130_121700.jpg

20220130_114807.jpg

• Like 3

Today dawned bright and sunny, so I wanted to get in a few last runs, including one with my new Blitzer Blackfoot. However I had also promised myself that I would not run it again until it was finished, which meant finishing off the driver figure. So first thing this morning I added the last touches of paint, added quick-drying varnish mid-morning, and I have just put him into place in the cockpit. With that finishing touch added, I can now go and run the completed Blitzer Blackfoot around the track and see if I can improve its lap count!

• Like 4

Racing by post ruined the left rear tire on my Aqroshot :D  Apparently all this RWD sliding around tight corners has its cost.

20220130_165942.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Racing by post ruined the left rear tire on my Aqroshot :D  Apparently all this RWD sliding around tight corners has its cost.

20220130_165942.jpg

Wow! You must really have been giving it the beans! I have a set of those tyres on my Sand Viper, and they are still going strong after many many runs. 

I have this particular set for many years now. They served on my original Grasshopper and afterwards on my Aqroshot with the brushless setup that's now in my M-05. Especially the salt water and sand combination during several runs on the beach made these tires loose their flexibility and made them harder I guess. As you can see in the picture there is not much profile left on them. The front ones are quite the same. 

If anyone has lap counts for this round outstanding that they haven't submitted yet, please submit them ASAP as I will be closing entries and collating results shortly!

A very small field this time, not too surprising given the time of year. Here are the results:

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Running surface Surface modifiers (Optional) Running weight (Optional) Best lap
1 TurnipJF 41 DT-03T Aqroshot 10.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
2 TurnipJF 37 WT-01 Wild Dagger 17t Etronix 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
3 tamiyastef 36 M-05 Carson brushless dragster 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
4 TurnipJF 35 Blitzer Blackfoot 25T Torque Tuned 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
5 tamiyastef 32 DT-03 Aqroshot on Carson all terain buggy wheels and tires mabuchi 380RS 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
6 TurnipJF 32 WR-01 Twin Detonator 27t Silver Cans 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
7 TurnipJF 27 ORV Monster Beetle 27t Etronix 2S LiPo Tarmac No - the track surface was clear and dry.    
8 Andreas W 20 Tomahawk YR Hackmoto V2 23t 7.2V NiMH Frosen gravel/ice It was icy.    
9 Andreas W 18 Grasshornet Tamiya TT 25t 7.2V NiMH Frosen gravel/ice It was icy.    
  • Like 6

Yeah, pretty much the whole month was freezing, and when it wasn't, the windchill was still below freezing. :( Usually there is a couple days of 'heat wave' somewhere in there, but not this time.
It's hard to get the excitement going to run in those weather conditions.

Congrats @TurnipJF for first and second place! I'm completely chuffed with third place. Must say I liked this track the most out of the three I joined.First outing of my M-05, I was already sold on the looks of these M-chassis cars, really enjoyed the build and now fell in love driving it. Still have an M-08 to build...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Congrats @TurnipJF for first and second place! I'm completely chuffed with third place. Must say I liked this track the most out of the three I joined.First outing of my M-05, I was already sold on the looks of these M-chassis cars, really enjoyed the build and now fell in love driving it. Still have an M-08 to build...

Thanks!

You have a treat ahead of you with the M-08. That is a lovely chassis to build and run!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlideWRX said:

Yeah, pretty much the whole month was freezing, and when it wasn't, the windchill was still below freezing. :( Usually there is a couple days of 'heat wave' somewhere in there, but not this time.
It's hard to get the excitement going to run in those weather conditions.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Congratulations, TurnipJF and Tamiyastef! The success of this particular round has inspired me to become our generation's Hermann Tilke :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Congratulations, TurnipJF and Tamiyastef! The success of this particular round has inspired me to become our generation's Hermann Tilke :P

Thanks! If you would like to propose a track layout for Round 20, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it!

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Thanks! If you would like to propose a track layout for Round 20, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it!

Noted! I will get to work :D

*promptly adds 2-metre runoff zones to Mini Fuji Speedway*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good job everyone !

I missed that one weather was really bad last days... Good think, I had time to work a resto/new build !

Presenting:

FfAqrHh.jpg

With the blessing of Round 19 winner TurnipJF, Round 20 can take on a format that bears more than a little resemblance to that famous French circuit! If there has been another "Trop-Petit Le Mans," though, I can always design another track for this round!

Note that the "example racing line" is more a means of illustrating any similarities to La Sarthe - what you do around the corner markers is up to you ;)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Grastens said:

Presenting:

FfAqrHh.jpg

With the blessing of Round 19 winner TurnipJF, Round 20 can take on a format that bears more than a little resemblance to that famous French circuit! If there has been another "Trop-Petit Le Mans," though, I can always design another track for this round!

Note that the "example racing line" is more a means of illustrating any similarities to La Sarthe - what you do around the corner markers is up to you ;)

That looks awesome! Blessing gladly given. Let Round 20 commence!

Track as above, rules as per first post in the thread, round ends at midnight GMT on Sunday 27 February. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This round, with the track being based on Circuit de la Sarthe, I have decided to set myself the personal challenge of entering only GT-style cars. Therefore I'll be giving my TT-01 Mercedes SLS GT3 and TT-02 Type S Mercedes AMG GT3 an outing, as well as my TB-03 Arta Garaiya and TL-01LA Honda NSX Super GT cars. 

So while my rally cars and buggies might well cope better with the cold and wet running conditions, they'll be sitting this one out. Possibly not the most sensible challenge to have set myself considering the weather at this time of year, but real-world races aren't always held in perfect conditions either.

Has anyone else set themselves any challenges for this round, or have any particular cars that they would like to enter?

• Like 2

And here I was about to reconsider reconditioning my GT-One ;) If I get to running, it will take part!

It is only fitting that as "Trop-Petit Le Mans" that it should take place before both Petit Le Mans and Le Mans 24 Hours :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Has anyone else set themselves any challenges for this round, or have any particular cars that they would like to enter?

Sort of... we got a bunch of snow last week, so after I shoveled us all out, I built a snow track! Took the foams out of the tires and ran some practice laps, been tweaking the track the last few days, hoping to get some timed runs in for this round again finally! I'll be keeping "half my typical lap count" in the back of my mind as something to shoot for, but this round is all about fun :D

snow_course_020722.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Andreas W said:

… I love the illustration. Allmost a kind of art :D

Couldn’t agree more. These could become collectable!