TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 45 takes us to Anderstorp!

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Couldn’t agree more. These could become collectable! 

Agreed! You have a real talent for this @Grastens - here's hoping we get to see many more of your tracks in future!

• Thanks 1

I'm going to need a bigger backyard. I might need to look around for some empty carparks on a Sunday.

7 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I'm going to need a bigger backyard. I might need to look around for some empty carparks on a Sunday.

If I get to design another one, I will be sure to change the dimensions accordingly! I seem to recall 4 metres width instead of the 5 I have been using? Or was it 7 metres length instead of 8?

If I get to design another - I had better start winning, then ;):P

Finished my hardbody for the M-05, complete with racing-by-post flag! :D  Now crossing my fingers for a nice dry sunday, the only day the carpark is empty.

20220209_205410.jpg

20220209_205501.jpg

• Like 5

This track is really lovely. Tried it once yesterday with a for me decent lapcount and another time today with improved lapcount. 

Now there is no snow and ice where I drive. Only frozen gravel, which is sort of comarable with really rough tarmac with bumps and dust on top of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a go today. One practice round and 5 race rounds. Improved lap count everytime but last two rounds were equal. Guess I'm at my maximum. Give it another try when I get the chance, maybe with something else than my M-05 although I really love how it goes around these small tracks. 

20220213_115916.jpg

20220213_115905.jpg

• Like 5

Back in Business, due to the arrival of a new baby (real human, not RC stuff, in June 2021 ). I can't take time to make some RC run. 

I love the design of the track of this month, very nice. Some pics of my XV01. And hard to not cross the 3rd point. I need more direction.

IMG_5499.thumb.jpg.c78e78055c3109a4a17e1bd91a69889e.jpgIMG_5496.thumb.jpg.0fd16188b1df98789d39ff7bd6f5be6a.jpg

• Like 6

Another cool track layout. I hope I'll be able to participate this time!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

So far these are the only two I have run on the current track:

2020-08-03_11-49-00

nice bodies, what's underneath ?

Just now, nicksincrc said:

nice bodies, what's underneath ?

A fully carbonated TB-03 with a 13.5t brushless Speed Passion MMM on the left, a TL-01LA with a 27t brushed Reedy MVP on the right. Despite the massive spec difference, the lap counts weren't that different!

8 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

A fully carbonated TB-03 with a 13.5t brushless Speed Passion MMM on the left, a TL-01LA with a 27t brushed Reedy MVP on the right. Despite the massive spec difference, the lap counts weren't that different!

That is just the reason I want to try the same track with just a silver can in my M-05 instead of the 10T brushless system. I don't expect a massive difference in lap count. Might not be this weekend because the weather forecast isn't good at all. :(

9 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

That is just the reason I want to try the same track with just a silver can in my M-05 instead of the 10T brushless system. I don't expect a massive difference in lap count. Might not be this weekend because the weather forecast isn't good at all. :(

I think you'll do well with the silver can. I have a Sport Tuned in my M-03 and a 13.5t Speed Passion in my M-05. The M-05 typically destroys front tyres faster, but doesn't do significantly more laps than the M-03.

• Like 1

We're forecast for rain pretty much all week and through next weekend, so there goes my chances for a run. Darn El Nina summer. :(

I was hoping for a run with the silver can in my M-05 but storm Eunice decided otherwise... :( Still lots of wind and rain. Hopes are up next weekend will be better.

Some run last week with my nephew and his new bodyshell Porsche Rothmans on his TT02 ! 

Very nice run in front of the house from upstairs. With clay, we write the track in yellow and in green the best "efficient" trajectory ! 

IMG_5600.thumb.jpg.8407e430c80b0ec78195451544db3029.jpgIMG_5611.thumb.jpg.3120acb32e687316d89ff1aeb5c5877b.jpgIMG_5615.thumb.jpg.cabeb0f9a4c73fdc26c74cf038bdd4dd.jpgIMG_5616.thumb.jpg.b98713ef9b240e8e6de2414c5c2dc469.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Porsche looking fabulous! Interesting idea to mark the most efficient route. Something I will copy :P

6 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Interesting idea to mark the most efficient route. Something I will copy :P

Same here. Might as well - nothing in the rules that says we can't. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Same here. Might as well - nothing in the rules that says we can't. 😁

Indeed, in my view it's the same as a video game... you may choose to switch the "racing line" or "racing guide" off but your friend can keep going with it turned on if they want.

Sadly my snow track has melted, frozen into solid ice, then was completely snowed over, and is now melting down to a bog for the second time in as many weeks. Hard to say if I will be able to record any times or not, it has been alternating between blistering cold/windy/snowy and warmer yet rainy/melty/soggy so who knows!

Remind GT Licence session in Gran Turismo 2 with the Guide Line ;-) . That needed for my nephew to understand the needed to be large away from 7th corner get the 8th and 9th straight. 

• Like 1

I had a go with the Tomahawk last Friday and that was just fun. I changed for 100 cst oil in the front shocks and now it's so crisp on the steering:D.

Meanwhile the good conditions are gone, so I have the best lapcount behind me. In the weekend we got more snow, so the semi grippy frosen gravel is now covered as is my paint marking. But I had a good bashing on the snow yesterday and will do today if it is not too wet. I have been playing around with the adjustments on the TX, so now it's much better. Less wheelspin and drifting means less mistakes and better lapcount. When I want to bash I just turn the throtle EPA back to 100% and enjoy long drifts and tall roost, but also drivability B).

• Like 1

The weather today in Lincolnshire is sunny and relatively warm, and I have the day off work, so I am going to get the TT-01 and TT-02 Type S GT3 Mercedeses out again and see if I can improve upon their lap counts. They are currently some way behind my TB-03 and TL-01LA, but they had the weather against them last time. I am sure that they can do better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The weather today in Lincolnshire is sunny and relatively warm, and I have the day off work, so I am going to get the TT-01 and TT-02 Type S GT3 Mercedeses out again and see if I can improve upon their lap counts. They are currently some way behind my TB-03 and TL-01LA, but they had the weather against them last time. I am sure that they can do better.

A day off work, that would really suit me today. Have fun!

• Like 1

Got a chance yesterday to get out , had a blast about the bowling green with my DT-02 just for fun and then a few attempts at some laps with the m-05 but found it tricky , patchy tarmac ,dry grip then damp no grip lol still I got a run done at least and some fresh air  :D

• Like 3

I got a good weather frame shot, first entry with my freshly rebuild Bear Hawk. Car drives really well, a good quick acceleration and takes corners without any difficulty. I'm really impress by those CVA dampers; works really well for that price. Sport tuned motor runs pretty hot, I may switch back to a 540 silver can.

Just at the end I lost the steering, left side refuse to turn. After a quick check, the ball connector stripped out the hole of the steering knuckle.

Now I need to fix that, maybe with some shoo goo ? Then insert in hole filled with glu ?

Anyway that was pretty cool, long time without any RC driving. Thanks for the layout ! ^_^

• Like 2