TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

For a moment, it was above freezing.  The sun was... visible, if not shining.  The wind was NOT ****idly biting me like a hungry polar bear.   The driveway was clear!  I made a go of it.  I chalked out the course, and then went inside to warm up my fingers again. :D   I came back out and managed to get a couple runs in to get on the scoreboard.  LAST MINUTE for the win!

• Like 2

And that concludes another round!

I'll be aiming to get the results collated and posted this evening after work. If anyone has any as-yet-unsubmitted lap counts that they would like to enter for runs they completed before cut-off, please submit them ASAP!

• Thanks 1

It's been raining for the past week, and is forecast for the next week too, so no times from me. :(

Position Username Lap count Car Motor Battery Running surface Surface modifiers
1 TurnipJF 54 TB-03 Arta Garaiya 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry.
2 TurnipJF 54 TT-02 Type S Mercedes AMG GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
3 charlesmerlen 53 XV01 with Old Subaru 23T SuperStock TZ 7.2V NiMH Tarmac Some dirt on it
4 TurnipJF 52 TT-01 Mercedes SLS GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
5 Ambroise (Charles' nephew) 50 TT02 Stock Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
6 TurnipJF 50 TL-01LA Honda NSX 27t Reedy MVP 2S LiPo Tarmac
7 charlesmerlen 49 XV01 (still old Subaru 97') 23T SuperStock TZ 7.2V without charge, very very slow Tarmac
8 SlideWRX 44 DT-03 Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
Cold, 1 Deg above Freezing
9 Tamiyastef 39 M-05 RpB Pick-up 10T Carson Brushless 2S LiPo Tarmac
10 nicksincrc 37 m-05 mazda 27t s/can 2S LiPo Tarmac
It was damp., wet patches
11 Goudar 36 Bear Hawk Sport Tuned 2S LiPo Grass/dirt It was wet.
12 Andreas W 35 Tomahawk 17t YR Hackmoto 7.2V NiMH Gravel It was damp.
13 Andreas W 27 Grasshornet 25t TT 7.2V NiMH Frosen gravel It was icy.
  • Like 6

Impressive lap count from some of you. 50+; wow B). Nice to see Goudar again on loose surface. Thanks for the racing, guys! 

• Like 2

Thanks! I dare say that drawing in the racing line helped a lot. I would estimate that it added at least two laps to my totals, possibly more.

Thinking about it, I might actually withdraw my "assisted" lap counts and go back to those I did without the racing line drawn in. Makes for better comparisons with past performances, and with those who didn't use the line. 

@Andreas W hehe that was pretty close :D Good lapcount on gravels, I got a section of the track in gravels. Not the easiest part.

Nice job everyone, that was a fun track.

• Like 1

blimey 50+ laps!! I'm only 2 laps behind the other m05 I'm happy enough with that considering, just glad you didn't have yours out Turnip or I'd probably be 15 laps behind :lol: Got out today for a couple of hours in the sun, managed to get my xv-01 flying around the tarmac which was fun as it's setup for tarmac casual driving, such fun

Well, the forum won't let me edit the results I posted yesterday, so here are the revised ones where I drove without the racing line drawn out:

1 charlesmerlen 53 XV01 with Old Subaru 23T SuperStock TZ 7.2V NiMH Tarmac Some dirt on it
2 TurnipJF 52 TB-03 Arta Garaiya 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac
3 TurnipJF 51 TT-02 Type S Mercedes AMG GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
4 Ambroise (Charles' nephew) 50 TT02 Stock Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
5 TurnipJF 49 TT-01 Mercedes SLS GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
6 TurnipJF 49 TL-01LA Honda NSX 27t Reedy MVP 2S LiPo Tarmac
7 charlesmerlen 49 XV01 (still old Subaru 97') 23T SuperStock TZ 7.2V without charge, very very slow Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry., Cold, 1 Deg above Freezing

10 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Well, the forum won't let me edit the results I posted yesterday, so here are the revised ones where I drove without the racing line drawn out:

1 charlesmerlen 53 XV01 with Old Subaru 23T SuperStock TZ 7.2V NiMH Tarmac Some dirt on it
2 TurnipJF 52 TB-03 Arta Garaiya 13.5t Speed Passion 2S LiPo Tarmac
3 TurnipJF 51 TT-02 Type S Mercedes AMG GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
4 Ambroise (Charles' nephew) 50 TT02 Stock Torque Tuned 7.2V NiMH Tarmac
5 TurnipJF 49 TT-01 Mercedes SLS GT3 13.5t Bluebottle 2S LiPo Tarmac
6 TurnipJF 49 TL-01LA Honda NSX 27t Reedy MVP 2S LiPo Tarmac
No - the track surface was clear and dry., Cold, 1 Deg above Freezing

Wow ! Can be on option With or Without Guide Line in the survey ;-)   I confirm i've achived the 53laps without guide on the Tarmac and i've added the guideline in session with my nephew. 

14 minutes ago, Charles M said:

Wow ! Can be on option With or Without Guide Line in the survey ;-)   I confirm i've achived the 53laps without guide on the Tarmac and i've added the guideline in session with my nephew. 

Well done!

I can add a section about driving line in the survey if it becomes something contentious. At the moment though, since people use all sorts of different ways to mark out their circuits, I am not sure it matters. Open to other people's views though - everyone please feel free to join the discussion if you like!

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Well done!

I can add a section about driving line in the survey if it becomes something contentious. At the moment though, since people use all sorts of different ways to mark out their circuits, I am not sure it matters. Open to other people's views though - everyone please feel free to join the discussion if you like!

I think it is not important to the results.  This event is about bringing people across the world together for fun.  We haven't made any detailed rules about errors while driving, so I would says driving aids are allowed, possibly even encouraged.  

• Like 3

I think this limited rules format is appealing so I'd say keep it this way :D. According to the amazing number of laps I see in the chart some of you are obviously skilled enough to drive the guide line without physically drawing it.

• Like 2

I agreement with SlideWRX and Tamiyastef. It's more differentiating which surface you drive on and if you have 4 wheel drive or not. I like the low resistance and simplicity of a 2wd driveline and the challenge of going as fast as I can on the edge on loose surface. I have a lot of fun doing that

After all I am a basher and until 2020 has spent my entire RC-life driving on open spots. Even though my Burns is fast it's not that big of a challenge to keep it within a schoolyard. But it was a lot more challenging to convert to drive on a tight course and keep a clean line. I will say my skills has improved drastically the last two years. 

• Like 3

Presenting:

c1CU1kN.jpg

Round 21 will take place at Circuit Denys Cherepinskyi! (pending @TurnipJF approval)

This track makes use of a slightly-smaller footprint (7 m x 4 m, compared to the previous 8 m x 5 m), which I hope should facilitate participation.

The circuit does feature a crossover element, noted by the directional arrow around Corner Marker 6. Whether or not you make it the site of an overpass, underpass, or jump is at your discretion ;) Though it may be tricky to stick the landing inbounds! Corner Marker 4 is intended as a chicane.

It is a simple layout for this round, but hopefully one that is still entertaining!

• Like 9

That looks a fun circuit 😃

I’ve been struggling to find time for the last few rounds, hopefully I’ll find a slot for this one 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grastens said:

Round 21 will take place at Circuit Denys Cherepinskyi! (pending @TurnipJF approval)

A lovely track, and great presentation too! I'd approve it in a heartbeat, but since I withdrew my results achieved with the aid of a demarcated racing line, track approval falls to @Charles M. What say you Mr Merlen? Happy to proceed with @Grastens latest layout, or did you have something different in mind?

I like the course. It might not fit in my pokey backyard, but a local carpark is quiet on a Sunday so I might get the chance there. Hopefully it stops raining, it has rained all weekends for the past month.

13 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

A lovely track, and great presentation too! I'd approve it in a heartbeat, but since I withdrew my results achieved with the aid of a demarcated racing line, track approval falls to @Charles M. What say you Mr Merlen? Happy to proceed with @Grastens latest layout, or did you have something different in mind?

That Ok for me, this one seem very interesting ! ( and I can't offer better track ) 

Just for information. That's not easy to run with crossing section if we are more than 1 car on the track.  I don't know how many of us run with others ? 

I'm ready to run ! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grastens said:

c1CU1kN.jpg

2 hours ago, Charles M said:

That Ok for me, this one seem very interesting ! ( and I can't offer better track )

There we have it folks! The approved track for Round 21!

Rules as usual, see first post of the thread if you are new or need a reminder. 

Round 21 closes at midnight GMT on Sunday 27 March.

Have fun!

• Like 4

Right, now we've got some after work time daylight I'm going to try to do this this month. Expect terrible results... 

Who is Denys Cherepinskyi? Googling the name brings little up, which intrigues me.