TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 45 takes us to Anderstorp!

Congrats to the winner and to all the mighty winter racers out there! 👍

Sounds like this was fun. I am happy every time a Lancia car wins 😁

• Like 3

Congrats MontyMole. I never expected that we would see any lapcount over 40 this time. Well done. Sure it is nice to see a Lancia on top of the podium (even though beeing a through and through VAG -guy - but not snowblind). 

Hoping for better conditions for the next round. It would be nice to have higher expectations than be able to fulfill a stint without spinning. 

• Like 3

Oh shoot, I guess the rather warm winter here was good for something. For the track, well, that's a new one for me. Did we do Mugello already?

• Like 2

I can't remember doing Mugello. Which is in no way a warranty we didn't already :D

2 hours ago, MontyMole said:

Did we do Mugello already?

Not that I have seen.  Doo eet. :)

• Like 3

Yep, Mugello has not been done yet! If that's it, I'm gonna have to participate, snow or not...

• Like 3

I moved house in late September, and I have only just unpacked the RC cars. Our new street is a lovely flat and very quiet cul-de-sac so it's prefect for racing. I'm looking forward to the next track, and having a crack at it with my M07s.

• Like 4

The track looks nice and is a good start for a track for us. I have suffered from ESC-problems the last week (HW 1060 going in limp mode) but is now sorted and the TD is ready for action again. 

• Like 1

Mugello sounds like a great idea. Anybody fancy miniaturising & drawing it up?

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

I wouldn't mind, but I'm looking at some busy days ahead and wouldn't want to make people wait for too long. I better leave it to somebody that's more confident with their time management.

In case nobody else can do it I'll jump on it when I can, but I'm afraid that would be not before next weekend...

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I think I made a simplified version years ago as a slot car track. Let me see if I can dig it up and rescale it.

Something like this? Or is the 1, 2, 3 a bit too close to eachother and the whole circuit a bit too big?

20230110_235207.jpg

1 minute ago, MontyMole said:

I made a draft too in the meantime. I definitely took liberties in adapting it.

Mugello_draft.thumb.png.39db2819fc7e16dbf1db368d0e8feced.png

At my usual spot I can go even longer than 9 meters but not much wider than 5 meters, so I  would have to go looking for another empty car park for this design. I don't know what the situation is for others?

14 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Something like this? Or is the 1, 2, 3 a bit too close to eachother and the whole circuit a bit too big?

20230110_235207.jpg

Since you are asking so kind:): TBH I think that 1,2,3 is too close. Espesially the distance between 1 and 2. 0,5 m is super tight.

I did the same with the S-combination after the long straight at Rudskogen and it turned out super fiddly. It worked on the snow before the track was official (drifting around the markers), but once it got serious (and icy) the fun and flow was gone. 

For me is the size not critical. I am driving on either a parking lot or a football pitch according to what has the least amount of snow, ice or debries. 

• Thanks 1

I'll throw my 'drawing' in :) slightly stretched - I pulled the map from racingcircuits.info.  Overall ~3x7 meters, so with room to race ~5x9 .  the 1 - 2 - 3 section could be a straight line for some cars, but it keeps turn #1 a sharp one.

mugelloProposal.thumb.jpg.c1ce0f0131d43dc326b14e00525a2e8f.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SlideWRX said:

I'll throw my 'drawing' in :) slightly stretched - I pulled the map from racingcircuits.info.  Overall ~3x7 meters, so with room to race ~5x9 .  the 1 - 2 - 3 section could be a straight line for some cars, but it keeps turn #1 a sharp one.

mugelloProposal.thumb.jpg.c1ce0f0131d43dc326b14e00525a2e8f.jpg

This gets my vote 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MontyMole said:

I'm building on your drawing @SlideWRX, with some additions here and there. Hope it's not too many, it's thirteen curves at this point (!).

mugello_draft_2.thumb.jpg.ea795e962fd1dcbba12af98bb428ad02.jpg

These are a lot of curves but a nice long straight to compensate, as the winner of the previous round you now get my vote. I can certainly work with this.

17 hours ago, Andreas W said:

Looks like it's time to buy another 10 pack with flat markers now ^_^

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... I'm gonna need a whole bunch more corner markers for this track! (hopefully I manage to participate this round)

I found the slotcar version I made but it was too limited and @MontyMole's drawing is better. I'd vote for that one.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:38 PM, MontyMole said:

I'm building on your drawing @SlideWRX, with some additions here and there. Hope it's not too many, it's thirteen curves at this point (!).

mugello_draft_2.thumb.jpg.ea795e962fd1dcbba12af98bb428ad02.jpg

I"m good with it.  we got a race? :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SlideWRX said:

I"m good with it.  we got a race? :)

Indeed we do!

mugello_draft_2.jpg

To give a bit more time for people to work around inclement weather, etc, this round will run until midnight GMT on Sunday 26 February. Rules and results submission as per first post in the thread. Hope y'all have fun!!

• Like 4