TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

1 minute ago, c64orinoco said:

The Drop Bears might be a myth (they're not, they are real!) but the Stinging Tree is real. Oh I also forgot - Box Jellyfish / Irukanji; they'll kill you too and they are literally invisible.

ERMAGHERD!!! Forgot about the Box JELLYFISH!  ...... Yet part of me always wanted to Holiday there. My Wife won't go NEAR it - but wants me to bring back a Wombat!! 😜😄😂

A few days ago I went out with my FF-03 and recorded what felt like a pretty decent total on dry tarmac. This morning dawned a bit damp, so I thought I might go out again with the same car, same setup, etc, just to get an idea of what effect the dampness would have on my lap count. As it turns out, quite a bit! Even after several attempts, I couldn't get closer than 7 laps to my dry total from the other day. I am tempted to try a few different tyre options and see if they let me close the gap at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

A few days ago I went out with my FF-03 and recorded what felt like a pretty decent total on dry tarmac. This morning dawned a bit damp, so I thought I might go out again with the same car, same setup, etc, just to get an idea of what effect the dampness would have on my lap count. As it turns out, quite a bit! Even after several attempts, I couldn't get closer than 7 laps to my dry total from the other day. I am tempted to try a few different tyre options and see if they let me close the gap at all.

..... Makes a tremendous difference in real Track Cars - so I'm not surprised. Not quite what we're accustomed to - in Arizona, DRY, Arid, Windy, HOT!!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥  Punctuated by 2 Weeks of Monsoon DOWNPOURS! ⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈⛈     Up to 6 inches per HOUR!! 

I honestly think it rather enjoy your warm, Misty, English Damp, Moss and Drizzle...... 

Although could possibly go stark raving DAFT after the fourth consecutive Month! 😖😖😳   ALTHOUGH after we just finally broke free from our record breaking 117 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OVER 100 DEGREES....  I could welcome some "Foggen-Mist"!!! 😜😂

I was making a point somewhere!! Right... Tyres. Even though I've raced Semi-Pro (back in the EIGHTEENTH CENTURY!), it was all Off-Road vehicles,  Buggies, Trucks, Clodbuster Tractor Pulls...  NO On-Road Racing experience (except real Cars) 

Maybe some of you can help me.... Tyre Compounds. Buggy Tyre Compound ID and cataloguing has always been vague at best, but you could still pick the right one, or come close. 

CRAWLER Tyres - you can choose EXACTLY what Compound you need, with several clear choices - even FOAMS, clear range of firmness, single Stage, Dual Stage, Triple Stage, open cell, closed cell.............. 

Then we get to Touring Car and Mini Tyres!!! 

I FEEL LOST!! 😖😲  The ONLY thing I've seen in most listings is: TREAD PATTERN!! A select few will mention that they're "Belted", but with no further information! 

Foams occasionally say "Hard" and "Extra Hard"... That's literally IT for me! 

Do I HAVE to buy really expensive Tyres in order to get information about what it's made out of???  OR, do I merely see a list for sale, go through it and say "Gee that Tread is pretty. I'll take them."  I'm really lost..........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

My daughters and I managed to get 2 hours practise in today, the rain had stopped for a short time hurrah! However the tarmac was wet and greasy. 

We mostly ran on yellow compound schumacher large spikes or blue compound mini pins all with medium foam inserts. We did try some schumacher cactus and fusion carpet tyres in silver compound (super soft/sticky), I had no idea if they would work or not but they actually gave the best grip on the wet/greasy tarmac on the turns under braking but no so good when under power out of turns or on the long straights.

I managed to drift and wheelspin the Avante2001 on large spikes the entire way around the course for 5 minutes!!!! It looked incredible. However I only managed a handful of laps more than my youngest daughters stock 540 thundershot running on the mini pins and with a top speed almost half mine!  Middle mudlet got very close to beating me again, in her Terra Scorcher also on mini pins. 

It was great fun though and we even had an audience of people who were waiting in a queue for the chip van that was parked next to us on the rec ground access track.

The cactus rears and fusions fronts on the Vanquish gave good traction, actually impressive considering they were designed for dry carpet not wet tarmac. The vanquish oversteered badly on them, actually it oversteers badly on any tyre on a high traction surface BUT that is my point, the tyres gave sufficient grip to allow the car to just turn around the cones almost as though on a dry surface whereas the Avante2001 on large spikes had to be drifted into the bend at speed, starting to turn about 10 feet before the cone and sliding about 20 feet around it...... BUT the Avante2001 was still quicker by THREE SECONDS per lap (and these were just practise laps) - both cars had same motor and ESC's too.

Difference was Avante2001 was running smaller pinion (17 tooth vs the 19 tooth on the Vanquish), large pin spikes, a 2S Lipo, is 200g lighter than the Vanquish, my Avante2001 is much more low slung, ride height of just 15mm compared to 30mm on the Vanquish. The smaller pinion solved the poor braking issue on the HW1060,  gave better acceleration out of bends and allowed me to power slide around bends instead of almost stopping to turn sharply, so in my case less grip = faster lap!! I kid you not :-) Also the steering on my Avante2001 is far superior to that in the Vanquish. I made myself a 3mm steel rod with 5mm rod ends from servo to steering pivot whereas the Vanquish uses a 1mm bit of wire and 4mm rod ends. Combined with better steering geometry on the 2001 and it is just gives you more confidence to push hard. 

The LapMonitor timing system worked brilliantly now we've managed to fit the transponders into the cars properly. We only had 3 transponders so a couple of cars had to be timed manually but the three that got timed using the LapMonitor worked fab. It gives you a start countdown set of beeps, gives a running race commentary, counted every lap perfectly, didn't miss a single car passing the finish line and never miscounted either (we placed it quite far from other parts of the track), shouts out best laps and times, and it shouts out the time minutes remaining as the clock counts down. Seems great value system. Even counted my Avante2001 drifting over the finish line almost 3m away from the base unit so it looks like it can cope with 3m wide track/finish line.

We are hoping to get down there again tomorrow for another couple of hours to get the official laps done now that we have a bit more confidence in the course.

EDIT: and just to add more insult to injury, not content with almost beating me, middle mudlet then discovered after we got home that one of her rear wheels nuts had come loose and the pin had dropped out, meaning no drive to that wheel -  that likely meant she nearly beat me on just two or at best three wheel drive AARRRGGGGHHHHH

• Like 1

The modified cones worked really well.

• I drilled three holes equally spaced around each cone (I made 10 in total)
  • Drilled 3 equally spaced holes around the rubber discs
  • Used 3 two inch lengths of garden wire to attach each rubber disc onto the base of each cone.

Advantages:

• Plastic cones that don't zoom off into the distance if/when you drive into them, the rubber pads add weight and grip tarmac and concrete quite well.
  • We tested them on wet tarmac and in most cases the buggies all rode up and over them rather than knock them flying or making them slide out of place more than a few inches.
  • Their large size makes them clearly visible from 100 feet away
  • They are made from very soft flexible plastic so don't do any damage to cars
  • They are still lightweight and 10 can be carried in a bag with no effort 
  • They are reasonably cheap, I paid approx £20 for 10 discs and 50 cones

Disadvantages:

• IF you drive very fast in a top heavy buggy, namely the Vanquish with NiMh battery,  and ride up one side of the cone (off center), the buggy can overturn. However, all our other buggies (Thundershot, Terra Scorcher and Avante2001) either slid over and landed on wheels, launched into air, flew flat and landed on wheels or rode up one side and down the other. So it depends on the cars being used. Low slung buggies or good stable buggies with decent front suspension travel have no issues. 
  • Need to remove the wires before they can be stacked tightly together although they do sort of stack even like this and we fitted 10 already wired up into a large tesco carrier bag.

cones.jpg

• Like 2

WOW!!! When I made that post above.... I think my meds fully kicked in!! 😲😳😜😂  Sorry for that ramble...

I do want to know how to choose an On-Road Tire - and Crawler Tires really ARE that easy! 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carmine A said:

WOW!!! When I made that post above.... I think my meds fully kicked in!! 😲😳😜😂  Sorry for that ramble...

I do want to know how to choose an On-Road Tire - and Crawler Tires really ARE that easy! 😉

LOL, no worries

I don't run touring cars but certainly for Buggies I find there is lots of information for tyres. eg. Schumacher give you a list of the various compounds along with what surfaces the particular patterns are suited to etc. I have even seen a comparison chart showing all their tyres on different surfaces, pretty sure it was on schumachers site at one point.

However, we have found that in most cases it still takes personal experimentation with patterns and compounds to find one that suits your driving style, car and surface. Especially if it is fun you are after rather than outright race wins. 

In fact intended purpose is quite important, if you are bashing or just messing around with kids you just want a hard wearing tyre that is fun to use, no point in having a super sticky tyre that gives you 0.0001 seconds extra per lap if it wears out in 5mins versus one that lasts 5 hours.

Also as I found yesterday, medium compound large spikes with medium foams give just enough grip on wet/greasy tarmac to accelerate or brake with while still losing traction when pushed too hard - meaning the buggy gracefully slides or understeers off a bend whereas the buggy on the super soft sticky cactus tyres gripped so well it was suffering 'grip rolls' and as a consequence had to be driven much slower into turns even though it was on very wet & greasy tarmac! 

• Like 1

We did learn quite a bit yesterday, with buggies on tarmac, tyre choice made far less difference than other factors. We found that lowering ride height, lowering weight and setting alot of negative camber gave the fastest laps, the buggy with the largest ride height and zero camber came dead last despite being on the grippiest tyres for the conditions and the buggy with the lowest ride height  and 3-5 degrees of negative camber came first by a wide margin (30% more laps) despite being on the least grippy tyres, even though both buggies had identical motor, ESC and similar voltage!

I dare say this is a much more difficult problem for touring cars as they are already super low and light so tyres become a much more critical factor?

I have mostly driven rough dirt tracks over the last 30 years so I always complained about Tamiya bringing out buggies with low ground clearance and poor suspension travel. However, the last month of mostly tarmac driving has really illuminated why going lower and lighter (and having good camber adjustment) is so important and after watching loads of IFMAR/BRCA race videos and looking at how smooth/flat modern tracks are I have now completely changed my opinion on certain buggies!!!

• Like 1

Heavy rain all morning here until 11:30, then a break in the rain and we  all headed off down to the local rec ground. Tarmac was damp and greasy but we managed a couple of runs with each car for the postal race. Couple of pictures of the cars we used today and my youngest daughter running her thundershot around.

If we get a dry spell tomorrow we are hoping to run the lifted and modified SRB, my home made crawler plus the Vanquish after I swap on the Avante steering onto it with beefed up steering servo to pivot arm.

Lapmonitor used in anger again today, and again worked flawlessly. However I need to get some sort of bullet proof protection case for it while mounted on the track because my daughters cars seem to have a magnetic attraction to it and nearly knocked it flying several times despite me putting bright red warning cones all around it!!!

round2 (2).jpg

1123796108_round2(3).thumb.jpg.d8a5ddae62079a69880928e2b966c2bc.jpg

1204436391_round2(4).thumb.jpg.8d64865e64fa57fe649588ed979ed096.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, so I've checked the weather for tomorrow  - seems ok (ie not persisting it down all day 🤪). I've chosen mine and my son's weapons of choice. I've charged the batteries for the cars and tx. I've got some of those plastic markers that mud is using to mark out the course.

All systems go (until a pinion comes loose or a step screw decides to let go etc etc etc) 😁

Looking forward to this!

• Like 3

So my neighbour told me that I needed to convert my Land Rover to electric to save the planet, I pointed out that I already had an electric Land Rover but it was rubbish, could barely get to local Tesco and  would really struggle to carry a weeks shopping........ he didn't believe me!

1288915061_round2(5).thumb.jpg.401565c72d594f92fe5f0bb8c75d2745.jpg

Now for something different, having given all our buggies a good crack at the postal racing we thought it was time to give something else a try.

Constructed almost from a bare chassis today (actually this evening in about 4 hours flat) and loads of parts dredged from a box brought down from the attic, a hybrid of Bush Devil and King Blackfoot. All washed cleaned, re-oiled all bearings and the 14T motor was stripped, comm polished and new brushes fitted.  All shocks stripped and rebuilt. Kamtec Land Rover shell cleaned and polished too. New 2.4ghz futaba receiver fitted and an old Sanyo 8.4v stick pack charging. Last time this ran was when my eldest daughter ran it in some snow in 2004!!!!

From memory this hybrid had a top speed of approx 25mph so would match my Avante2001 in top speed....... sadly in all other aspects it would fail dismally as the turning circle can be measured in 'tens of feet', the handling is probably on a par with the Queen Mary passenger liner, the tyres provide near zero grip compared to modern buggy tyres and the whole thing weighs in at 2.4Kg!!! But what the badword, nice to see some odd entries in the challenge eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Silver-Can said:

Probably still beat me 😁👍🤪

LOL

Don't worry, my youngest daughter has decided to enter the family crawler..... with a 65:1 gear ratio and top speed of 0.5mph I think you should be safe,  I suspect she will set the slowest lap time ever recorded for a race ;)

So tomorrows line up, if weather permits, will be:

• Youngest mudlet driving a crawler
  • Middle mudlet driving a 14t, 8.4v hybrid king blackfoot
  • Me driving the vanquish, this time on specific tarmac tyres

round2 (6).jpg

• Like 1

I'm gonna have a crack at this tomorrow, but I've only got one working vehicle set up since my new radio transmitter arrived, so it will have to suffice.

Two motors, all wheel drive and all wheel steer, gonna be in a class on my own I think!

I presume adding a ramp in for giggles isn't breaking any rules?! :blink:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I presume adding a ramp in for giggles isn't breaking any rules?! :blink:

I doubt it would give you any sort of unfair advantage, so I don't see why not. 

If you wanted to, you could even share the location, angle and size of the ramp so that others might undertake a similar challenge to the one you have set yourself.

Which gives me an idea for Round 3...😀

• Like 3

Took some more cars down to the rec ground for a few hours today. Conditions alot drier. 

I managed to sort out some of the issues with the Vanquish last night, added more camber to all wheels, fitted new servo saver and rod ends to remove slack from steering and put a smaller pinion on. Result was a much improved set of laps from the Vanquish today, partly redeeming itself after its awful performance yesterday, however it is just no match for the Avante2001.

The 8.4v 14T motor'd King Blackfoot was as insane as I remembered it being, pulls wheelies at the slightest touch of too much throttle, even while racing, made accelerating out of bends a nervous experience. Combined with its high top speed and poor handling it was a tricky vehicle to race. I managed to clip one of the cones at speed, this threw the truck into a barrel roll which snapped a hub carrier which I didn't notice until when continuing to drive to finish my lap I hit top speed (about 23mph) and the steering didn't respond as I started a turn, instead the truck plough straight into a concrete curb..... OUCH! 

It snapped the winch bumper off, completely shattered the bumper mount on the chassis and one half vanished and couldn't be found, this also meant the front left hand side suspension triangulation rod was hanging loose. This was of course on top of the broken hub carrier. Thankfully we take a huge number of cable ties with us and we managed to cable tied the hub into place in the carrier and the link rod to the remaining part of the bumper mount. It then ran fine and set its lap count for the postal race in this condition. This is getting to be a theme of our races........ :lol:

We ran most of the laps on the tarmac but the crawler currently has a locked rear diff so to avoid damage to the gearbox running on tarmac we switched to the grass for its laps.  

WARNING: I WOULD NOT USE the cones as markers for the fast sections of the track, just use them for the tighter bends where speeds are lower. If you clip the cones at high speed it can cause the car to flip badly and get damaged. Not an issue for low speed corners though. So we would advise you just use the flat rubber pads as markers on the fast sections. (eg. in the round 2 layout, we would use flat discs for the two points that form the crossover as the cars are nearly flat out going through that pair of markers)

round2 (7).jpg

round2 (9).jpg

round2 (10).jpg

• Like 1

Just finished our runs. A bit more even stevens than last time. We ran the Bearhawk, Novafox, Baja King and Hotshot. Unfortunately, we ran the hotshot last and had to share batteries from the fox and baja King  - which didn't go well. My son was racing first and managed about 3.5 mins on the remaining charge from the fox and about 30 seconds on the battery from the baja 😫

Otherwise, excellent run and great fun.

https://ibb.co/N3wZnwB

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Silver-Can said:

Just finished our runs. A bit more even stevens than last time. We ran the Bearhawk, Novafox, Baja King and Hotshot. Unfortunately, we ran the hotshot last and had to share batteries from the fox and baja King  - which didn't go well. My son was racing first and managed about 3.5 mins on the remaining charge from the fox and about 30 seconds on the battery from the baja 😫

Otherwise, excellent run and great fun.

https://ibb.co/N3wZnwB

Were your running on a beach? looks like sand in that pic? Wish I had some flat sandy beach nearby, would have reduced breakages significantly with all our crashes LOL

btw, hotshot look fab in the dirt :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Were your running on a beach? looks like sand in that pic? Wish I had some flat sandy beach nearby, would have reduced breakages significantly with all our crashes LOL

btw, hotshot look fab in the dirt :)

Thanks! Yeah, we've done all of our running at the beach so far. We are quite lucky in that respect (although the tear down afterwards can get a bit much).

I hear ya about the crashes...have been fortunate so far in that nothing has bust, but we've had a couple of spectacular cartwheels and backflips (you're right about those small cones acting as launch pads on the fast bit...🚀)

The lack of grip will never see us vying for the top spot, but the rooster tails 🐓 and general feel of driving on the sand makes up for that (plus the dad and lad time). On which note, The boy didn't beat me in all races 🥂👏😜.

On a side note, could do with sorting out some permanent image hosting site as the restrictions on uploads does make it a tad difficult to post serious eye candy 😁

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Silver-Can said:

Thanks! Yeah, we've done all of our running at the beach so far. We are quite lucky in that respect (although the tear down afterwards can get a bit much).

I hear ya about the crashes...have been fortunate so far in that nothing has bust, but we've had a couple of spectacular cartwheels and backflips (you're right about those small cones acting as launch pads on the fast bit...🚀)

The lack of grip will never see us vying for the top spot, but the rooster tails 🐓 and general feel of driving on the sand makes up for that (plus the dad and lad time). On which note, The boy didn't beat me in all races 🥂👏😜.

On a side note, could do with sorting out some permanent image hosting site as the restrictions on uploads does make it a tad difficult to post serious eye candy 😁

I see you are in the North East, you may only be an hour or two north of us. We used to go up to Scarborough/Filey quite alot but it tends to get very busy so we now go to North Landing near flamborough head. If you catch it right you can often have the entire cove almost to yourself. The kids love it there because of the rock pools and it is quite protected from the wind. Just the really steep 1/2 mile walk back up is the killer.... sand too soft for RC Cars there though. I guess Bridlington would be better as that has the huge flat section of hard wet sand?

BTW, I've been using Muc-Off bike cleaner to clean our cars, especially after use on the garden track which is muddy. I remove all the radio gear/electrics first other than motor and spray muc-off all over, leave for 10 mins and then hose off with a strong spray pattern. The buggies come up like new. Just need to dry them thoroughly by a radiator etc afterwards to stop surface rust on steel parts.

AND we too are really just entering for fun, no chance of beating pukka setup touring cars. I even did my runs on large pin spiked tyres despite being a wet tarmac surface, it was quite hysterical to see the Avante2001 drifting and wheel spinning its way around the track, looked so cool, even my daughters were impressed, middle mudlet can't wait to get her Egress built now so she can do the same :D

• Like 4

Round 2 damage results:

• Avante2001 - both shock tower mounts sheered off gearbox (new gearbox required), new carbon deck scratched, body scratched and wing cracked
  • Vanquish - shell and wing cracked, tub cracked, steering arm damaged and gearbox cracked (repairable)
  • King Blackfoot - hub snapped, front bumper chassis mount snapped, servo saver snapped and Land Rover bodyshell bumper cracked
  • Thunderfoot crawler - making horrible whine from transfer case, suspect badly worn teeth
  • Youngest Mudlets Thundershot - cracked shell and bent body clip
  • Middle Mudlets Terra Scorcher - no damage
  • Middle Mudlets Thundershot - no damage
  • My Thundershot - no damage

Lots of laughs and much merriment had doing this round, kids have been out in fresh air for literally 2-3 hours at a time practising, racing and bashing the cars (probably 10+ hours in total in two weeks) and we are all improving our driving skills with each round. Well worth the £40 in damage in my book!! :D :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

I see you are in the North East, you may only be an hour or two north of us. We used to go up to Scarborough/Filey quite alot but it tends to get very busy so we now go to North Landing near flamborough head. If you catch it right you can often have the entire cove almost to yourself. The kids love it there because of the rock pools and it is quite protected from the wind. Just the really steep 1/2 mile walk back up is the killer.... sand too soft for RC Cars there though. I guess Bridlington would be better as that has the huge flat section of hard wet sand?

BTW, I've been using Muc-Off bike cleaner to clean our cars, especially after use on the garden track which is muddy. I remove all the radio gear/electrics first other than motor and spray muc-off all over, leave for 10 mins and then hose off with a strong spray pattern. The buggies come up like new. Just need to dry them thoroughly by a radiator etc afterwards to stop surface rust on steel parts.

AND we too are really just entering for fun, no chance of beating pukka setup touring cars. I even did my runs on large pin spiked tyres despite being a wet tarmac surface, it was quite hysterical to see the Avante2001 drifting and wheel spinning its way around the track, looked so cool, even my daughters were impressed, middle mudlet can't wait to get her Egress built now so she can do the same :D

Seaton Carew is our local beach  - literally 2 minutes away. It is flat, smooth and the tide regularly reaches the top of the beach so the sand is always firm without being soggy - pretty much ideal really, except people will insist on walking their dogs there 😀.

I'll have to pop to Halfords tomorrow to check out this Muc off stuff - sounds ideal! Certainly better than stripping out  all the drive shafts, drive cups, bearings etc etc ad infinitum every time.

Part of my main fascination/interest in RC cars is the way they move, the articulation etc (rather than just out and out SPEED) and this type of thing is ideal for that - like you say, watching them drift around skitting about. Plus the quality time with the kids.

And 'ouch' at the wounded in action list. That's quite impressive. Not started tearing mine down yet but the Bearhawk in particular looked a bit, well, saggy at the rear towards the end of my run. Hope it's just something like the spring retainer cup dislodged as opposed to something more...substantial.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silver-Can said:

Seaton Carew is our local beach  - literally 2 minutes away. It is flat, smooth and the tide regularly reaches the top of the beach so the sand is always firm without being soggy - pretty much ideal really, except people will insist on walking their dogs there 😀.

I'll have to pop to Halfords tomorrow to check out this Muc off stuff - sounds ideal! Certainly better than stripping out  all the drive shafts, drive cups, bearings etc etc ad infinitum every time.

Part of my main fascination/interest in RC cars is the way they move, the articulation etc (rather than just out and out SPEED) and this type of thing is ideal for that - like you say, watching them drift around skitting about. Plus the quality time with the kids.

And 'ouch' at the wounded in action list. That's quite impressive. Not started tearing mine down yet but the Bearhawk in particular looked a bit, well, saggy at the rear towards the end of my run. Hope it's just something like the spring retainer cup dislodged as opposed to something more...substantial.

The muc-off I bought is this one https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=388527

I got it from modelsport because I happened to be putting an order in with them anyway but I think you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

I've washed 8 buggies with it so far which were absolutely filthy, covered in greasy grime and muck. Honestly they came out looking like new, gorgeous shiny bright plastic. I'd guess I'll get maybe 15 very grimy buggy washes out of a 1L spray bottle. Possibly more if I just used a stiff brush and brushed it around the grimiest bits instead of just spraying loads more on. Once clean I just use a cocktail stick to dab on fresh grease into the drive cups and use a plastic safe anti-rust/lubricant spray on the dogbones or other large areas of exposed metal. 

NOTE: All my electronics are velcro'd into position so are simply and easy to remove, normally just a couple of cable ties to cut first. 

41 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Round 2 damage results:

• Avante2001 - both shock tower mounts sheered off gearbox (new gearbox required), new carbon deck scratched, body scratched and wing cracked
  • Vanquish - shell and wing cracked, tub cracked, steering arm damaged and gearbox cracked (repairable)
  • King Blackfoot - hub snapped, front bumper chassis mount snapped, servo saver snapped and Land Rover bodyshell bumper cracked
  • Thunderfoot crawler - making horrible whine from transfer case, suspect badly worn teeth

Is Middle Mudlet the best driver - or is she the luckiest.... Or BOTH!!?? 

That poor Super Blackfoot. 😭😭 Must've taken quite a HIT!  But the Vanquish might have taken the most expensive damage. 

I run with the small amount of fear that tells me I can't afford to fix it!!!  That actually hinders my times, not being able to be Balls to the Wall aggressive. 😖

43 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Round 2 damage results:

Lots of laughs and much merriment had doing this round, kids have been out in fresh air for literally 2-3 hours at a time practising, racing and bashing the cars (probably 10+ hours in total in two weeks) and we are all improving our driving skills with each round. Well worth the £40 in damage in my book!! :D :ph34r:

My, that is quite the list! My condolences, in particular to Youngest Mudlet on the damage to her Thundershot shell. I know a lot of people don't like Thundershots with wings, but personally I think they look better with them. I hope the wing survived! If it didn't though, you could always suggest a Schumacher Talon wing. They work well, are remarkably tough, and (to my eye at least) compliment the lines of the Thundershot main shell. Here it is fitted to mine:

20190911_160305

• Like 2