TurnipJF

Racing by post - Round 44 track is up. We're going back to Vålerbanen!

Sorry guys but I'm quitting the club for the moment there are far too many 'woke' people who I disagree with and I am fed up of having to bite my tongue to avoid arguments. I really appreciate the fun we've had with the postal racing and I wish you all the best and every success in the future. Fingers crossed lockdowns will be lifted soon. Regards, Ian.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Sorry guys but I'm quitting the club for the moment there are far too many 'woke' people who I disagree with and I am fed up of having to bite my tongue to avoid arguments. I really appreciate the fun we've had with the postal racing and I wish you all the best and every success in the future. Fingers crossed lockdowns will be lifted soon. Regards, Ian.

That's a shame mate, what's been bothering you? I have always enjoyed your banta and hope that you will be back soon mate. Don't let other people stop your fun.

• Thanks 2

Sorry to hear that @mud4fun, it’s been great having you and the Mudlets around. But you have to do whats right for yourself.

Hope to see you again sometime. All the best mate 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mud4fun Sorry Ian. 😞 I also have to bite my tongue a LOT... Not just here, but anywhere lately. 😖 

Back in the day, we could at least TALK about political things - even if we disagree.... Now it's nearly a War!  I hope that you and the Mudlets decide to come back soon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

@mud4fun Sorry Ian. 😞 I also have to bite my tongue a LOT... Not just here, but anywhere lately. 😖 

Back in the day, we could at least TALK about political things - even if we disagree.... Now it's nearly a War!  I hope that you and the Mudlets decide to come back soon.

Nobody can take freedom of speech from you.

what does biting your tongue mean anyways?

if you disagree with someone do you really have to say something? Maybe anger management is a thing for such people then.

if I disagree with somebody it’s obviously not the person I want to talk to. I dont really bother telling other people they are living their life wrong. Its non of my business, I post for fun if somebody has the urge to reply feel free to do so. Right?

• Like 2

We used to do this thing where everyone would go to a tennis court and do laps around the net for 4 minutes and post their times on the cork board at the hobby shop. I ripped many a wheel off my rc10t due to a chain link fence impact...lol...

• Like 3

well I tried my tt01e today ,wet slightly algaed tarmac and grip was a challenge  touched the power and slid the back end out ,still it's was fun to be outside off the drive and no chance of hitting the house  :rolleyes: Tires are way too hard for the conditions 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, mud4fun said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll decide to come back sooner than later, let's keep in mind this is mainly a place for us to share our FUN and love for RC, of course topics like politics, covid and flat earth are bound to trickle into the forum once in a while, but they are always secondary to the main purpose of the platform. I always value people that speak their mind clearly and directly, but at times it's also OK to just live and let live, especially when it saves you some frustration though of course, it's not always easy to let go when you feel like saying something.

Anyway, we'll be glad to have you back whenever you feel like and the Postal Racing will be calling at you, so hopefully see you again very soon :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where do people run on asphalt? I am pretty free to run my touring cars in the street but i couldn't mark out a track for an hour and run it in the road. I have been trying to think of big car parks, but nothing is in walking distance and the local shops are all open 6-11 so no go there. Any suggestions? 

6 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Where do people run on asphalt? I am pretty free to run my touring cars in the street but i couldn't mark out a track for an hour and run it in the road. I have been trying to think of big car parks, but nothing is in walking distance and the local shops are all open 6-11 so no go there. Any suggestions? 

Are you in the UK ? It's very difficult at present with the restrictions and what is permitted ,I haven't been out of my own boundary in probably 4 months until today except for appointments but being wheelchair bound and electric at that exercise is well, open to interpretation somewhat. I have a quiet park a few minutes roll/walk away which has some tarmac  basketball /football type courts left in disrepair and pretty much unused and tucked away so I took the opportunity to have half an hour in today's mild weather.  A lot of parks have them if you've one near you 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I have used loads of different places, but I must admit multi story car parks late at night are great, or on Sundays no one about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Multi story long stay car parks have been my best bet, such as train station car parks. Empty at the weekend, especially with the lockdown. The concrete isn't that grippy, but it flat, wide and generally clear of small stones.

My local council keeps knocking down old buildings for development, and making them carparks while they get plans approved. That fresh tarmac had been appealing, but I lost the best spot to a covid testing station.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I am in the uk and unfortunately I not close to any of those suggested places. I have a great park i can run buggies on, i just fancied running the onroad stuff too. Cheers fellas! 

2 minutes ago, Charles M said:

Where i can post my result ? 

On 2/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, TurnipJF said:

As before, entries to be submitted via email please, to tcpostalracing@gmail.com

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Fabia130vRS said:

Big fan of France.

I like the Peugeot very much.

I will try to make a run tomorrow, not sure what car I will use yet.

Thanks, all Peugeot Family in fact. 

I've got the Peugeot 406 as a Replica of the Taxi from the movie. 

And the Peugeot 306 Maxi, and finally the  Peugeot 206 WRC. 

But i've choose the TA03FS due to short wheelbase, but that's so hard to turn around the first corner. 

image.png.f822b12bae51744d47ae6314db7b6147.png

Very very cold,  around -5°C, with lot of salt on the tarmac. More look like the Concrete ground... Sadly, the battery of my Lapcounter is auto cut off after 1min :-( 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Charles M said:

image.png.f822b12bae51744d47ae6314db7b6147.png

wow given the way I had my practice runs those cones wouldn't have lasted , you must have plenty of skill and patience :)

2 minutes ago, nicksincrc said:

wow given the way I had my practice runs those cones wouldn't have lasted , you must have plenty of skill and patience :)

I've saw some other runners with plate (not cones), maybe better to go straight ! 

I've put these on the track, some are kick at some laps and that force me to drive as clean as possible. 

But I've put some more cones to get the right direction before the corner. 

I've printed some road separator, but at 1/10 scale, that so long to print it, and these are very cumbersome.  Maybe, next print can be some track limit  as below.

Ferrari_Barcelona_2008_test.jpg

• Like 1

Curbs , in french we said Vibrator, but that not the good translation in English. ! 

• Haha 3

THE "RULES" AS THEY STAND:

The postal races were started in order to give us something fun to do while the Coronapocalypse keeps us from our usual RC activities, and as such has very few rules as we want it to be as inclusive as possible. However since there have been a few procedural modifications, revisions and clarifications since this all started, and we have welcomed several new entrants since Round 1, I thought it might be helpful to summarise how it all works at present, in order to avoid the need to trawl through the last 48 pages to figure it all out. So, here goes:

1.  Each round starts with a fresh track layout. Check this thread to see the layout for the current round. (You may need to go back a couple of pages to see it.)

2.  Measure and mark out the track layout on the surface of your choice,  using the markers of your choice. You can set up the track anywhere you like, as long as it is safe and legal of course.

3.  Choose the car(s) that you are going to run. You can enter as many different cars as you wish. You can run any combination of chassis, motor and battery you like, as well as any body style, but please run with a body of some description rather than a naked chassis. This is a family-friendly forum after all! :D

4.  Run your car(s) around the track for 5 minutes while counting your laps, and when the 5 minutes have elapsed, finish the lap you are on and count that too. Optionally, you can also measure and submit your fastest lap time. Keep these to yourself - don''t share them on the forum while the round is in progress. At the end of the round, the results will be collated and posted in this thread.

5.  Once you have recorded your best lap total for each car that you want to enter for the current round, submit your results by email  to tcpostalracing@gmail.com including the following details for each entry:

• lap count
  • forum username
  • chassis (and shell if you wish)
  • motor
  • battery
  • track surface
  • running weight (optional)
  • fastest lap (optional)

6.  The person with the highest lap count wins the honour of choosing the next round's track layout. This can be one of their own design, or one suggested by another entrant. (Everyone is encouraged to suggest a track layout if they wish, and the winner does not have to design a layout if they don't want to.) When the track layout has been decided, the next round begins and we do it all over again!

During the round, you are encouraged to share experiences, advice, photos, etc, but please remember not to give away your lap counts or times before the Grand Reveal at the end of each round. Also, feel free to invite and/or challenge others to join in the fun. The more the merrier!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey guys.

I've been lurking around for a little while. That's lurking, not stalking. 🤔😂

Anyway, thought I'd have a play with running around your track, and loved it.

I've only been driving for a few weeks. Built my first ever car early January so I'm not looking to set any leaderboards on fire, more likely prop them up, but that's cool. It's all about then fun.

I was struggling to rekindle love for my Racing Fighter after sacking off the idea of driving it on a tarmac pump track as it just doesn't suit it, but thrashing (or trying to) it around a little track was so much fun.

I was running on wet grass, very soft after lots of rain. Loads of fun tearing around the corners. Brilliant.

Want to thank you guys for this thread, and showing me exactly how much fun you can have with a car.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Jonny Eff said:

Hey guys.

I've been lurking around for a little while. That's lurking, not stalking. 🤔😂

Anyway, thought I'd have a play with running around your track, and loved it.

I've only been driving for a few weeks. Built my first ever car early January so I'm not looking to set any leaderboards on fire, more likely prop them up, but that's cool. It's all about then fun.

I was struggling to rekindle love for my Racing Fighter after sacking off the idea of driving it on a tarmac pump track as it just doesn't suit it, but thrashing (or trying to) it around a little track was so much fun.

I was running on wet grass, very soft after lots of rain. Loads of fun tearing around the corners. Brilliant.

Want to thank you guys for this thread, and showing me exactly how much fun you can have with a car.

Welcome to the postal races! Glad you enjoyed giving it a go.

Thanks chap. Hope you don't mind me just jumping in uninvited.

After reading this thread from the start, it feels like I know you guys!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jonny Eff said:

Not at all! Everyone is welcome to join in the fun!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jonny Eff said:

After reading this thread from the start, it feels like I know you guys!

PLEASE!! Jump right in. 😁 We're all Friends here! 

Good, Bad or otherwise - just have a great time!

• Like 1