Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

RC mart

Hi guys, has anyone ordered any kits from RC mart during the pandemic?  I was just wondering roughly how long delivery to the UK takes?  Thanks guys

I have had a couple of orders arrive here in the UK over the past 6 months. Both took about 5-6 weeks to arrive, though the last one arrived about 3 months ago when I think global postal services were still on their knees. I've read a few more recent threads however, suggesting that orders are now coming through more quickly than I experienced. 

• Like 1

Not sure what its like in the UK, but shipping prices to US is absolutely insane. I wont order from them.

I have ordered a few things during lockdowm, including a kit. If you pay for fedex shipping then its brilliant, 4 - 5 days to NZ, if you use the cheap option its hit and miss. Even with fedex prices (about US50 for a kit) the kits are still a good price. In my case the stuff was also hard to get elsewhere but paying for fedex still worked out

• Like 2

Order a re-re BigWig from them.   Like my kiwi brother said , even with the fedex shipping the kit was still cheaper than anywhere else I could find one.  

Not sure how long it will take to OZ.

• Like 1

Sorry not a UK experience, but relevant. I just received my big bores from RCMart. I live in America and it took 3 week.  About  1 week longer than pre covid.

Not from UK but I have ordered parts from RCMart thrice already since June. So far, they arrived after two weeks and they're all good. :)

Not from the UK, but ordered some parts.

They took around two weeks from HK to arrive in North Dakota, Middleanowhere, U.S.A..

Nice!  Just put my first Covid order in fro RC Mart.  Good to know it's moving a bit.  Have seen significant slowness coming from Europe still.

FedEx kits are getting to rural Australia 5-7 days (4-5 for built up areas)  Have had about 5 kits through no worries since COVID started. 

regular shipping is still around 3-4 weeks, without passenger planes in the air, there is not enough planes to put the freight on, so can take a very long time to get to you. 

the smaller parcels seem to come quicker that way than the bigger ones. 

The difference is fedex have hundreds of their own planes, and access to thousands of other freight partners planes. It’s only the freight company’s with their own planes that are able to maintain reasonable delivery times, however what happens in your country with regards to delivery once it arrives is dictated more by the state of COVID as a whole where you live. 

More for those based on Australia did you have to pay any further costs on kits upon taking delivery, eg import duties? Guessing GST applies at checkout. 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, woppini said:

Not sure what its like in the UK, but shipping prices to US is absolutely insane. I wont order from them.

I’d consider some of their free shipping items 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, woppini said:

Yea, I’ve ordered often from them in the past as they have had stock no one else has but the shipping has gotten crazy.  Was looking to pre-order an Avante but can’t stomach $90 for shipping.  Hopefully, I can get one from Amain or Tower.

10 hours ago, Nova1 said:

More for those based on Australia did you have to pay any further costs on kits upon taking delivery, eg import duties? Guessing GST applies at checkout. 

so If you buy something off rcmart on ebay then YES "ebay" will charge you GST.

If you buy directly from rcmart, then no you won't pay any GST. Rcmart does not operate directly within Australia, if they opened a warehouse here, then they would have to charge GST.

While the government have forced Ebay and Amazon to apply GST to international sales, because they are 1. Operating within Australia, and 2. Facilitate the sale of the item through there service. As a result they legally have to be registered for GST, and apply it to international transactions through there service, and collect it on behalf of the government. 

If you buy directly from rcmart website, then no you won't pay any GST. 

if the order is under $1000 AUD "including freight" it does not attract any GST or customs dutys when entering Australia for private use. 

Simply put, if your in Australia and buying stuff on ebay from international businesses that have there own website you can order from, your costing yourself an extra 10% (possibly more, as most businesses sell a bit more expensive on ebay).

Edited by Juls1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slimleeroy said:

Thanks for all the comments. Just ordered a turbo optima 😁😁😁. Can't wait

Nice! I back-ordered one from Modelsport back in March, it’s arriving tomorrow. Very excited 😊 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juls1 said:

If you buy directly from rcmart, then no you won't pay any GST. Rcmart does not operate directly within Australia, if they opened a warehouse here, then they would have to charge GST.

While the government have forced Ebay and Amazon to apply GST to international sales, because they are 1. Operating within Australia, and 2. Facilitate the sale of the item through there service. As a result they legally have to be registered for GST, and apply it to international transactions through there service, and collect it on behalf of the government. 

If you buy directly from rcmart website, then no you won't pay any GST. 

if the order is under $1000 AUD "including freight" it does not attract any GST or customs dutys when entering Australia for private use. 

Simply put, if your in Australia and buying stuff on ebay from international businesses that have there own website you can order from, your costing yourself an extra 10% (possibly more, as most businesses sell a bit more expensive on ebay).

Thank you for the above information- very helpful. 

19 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

Thanks for all the comments. Just ordered a turbo optima 😁😁😁. Can't wait

I was temted to buy one from rc mart, but with 66 $  dollar  shipping cost, the price is 345 euro for me it is  just 15 euro cheaper then when I order one from a german webshop, but if I have to pay  costums  that wil cost me 100 euro extra so that is for me to much of a gamble to take.

But I realy like the car have fun with it, I hope that I find some nice deal on one of them some time.

I've received a text from Royal Mail to say that a parcel is en route from Hong Kong. First time I've ever had this on an RC Mart delivery but it was more expensive than most of my orders from them.

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I've received a text from Royal Mail to say that a parcel is en route from Hong Kong. First time I've ever had this on an RC Mart delivery but it was more expensive than most of my orders from them.

They have been rocketing my shipments in, but their new shipping service is a bit more, But RC SMART just has so much more, Asia Tee is a great place and shipping a bit slow but no one can beat their shipping price, selection is hit or miss though.

• Thanks 1

Just ordered a chassis kit from RCMart, and it was only $55 for Fedex on a $300 kit.  The total price was a good $150 less than any local seller.  We'll see about delivery time.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Just ordered a chassis kit from RCMart, and it was only $55 for Fedex on a $300 kit.  The total price was a good $150 less than any local seller.  We'll see about delivery time.

We shall see, if i do not get to intercept first:lol:

• Haha 1