Sign in to follow this  
futureworks

Hotshot Re-re: RC Channel upgraded suspension arms

Hi

I’m collecting a few upgrades for a Super Hotshot, such as the CRP 1650 suspension arm stabilizer mod, and am considering buying the upper and lower arms, front and rear (some shown n the pic) from RC Channel, when next in stock. These are described by RC Channel as being for the hotshot, but as the kit supplied Tamiya parts numbers in both Hotshot and Super Hotshot manuals are identical, I’m assuming they fit both models. I just wondered if any of you had bought these parts, for either car, and what you think of them as an upgrade?

thanks 👍

D8208538-4FF6-4B2D-A768-7C31C79FDBCE.jpeg

I'm not into after market upgrading on re re's for the reason I like it to be authentic Tamiya as possible.(except ESC,  Servo and Rx). For the money to upgrade it, I would just pick up another kit. IMHO

I've seen allot of Hot Shots that are upgraded and the only upgrade I like and considered is the Factory Works Chassis.

• Like 1

I purchased RCchannel parts before and fitment was excellent.

The general rule with aluminum arms on runner cars is that they stress and possibly break the chassis if you crash.  However, the kit you're purchasing looks fabulous. That's gonna be a sexy HotShot.

I hope you get all the parts and post lots of pics during the build process. 

I’m starting to wonder if RC Channel is still trading. No response to several questions asked over the past 2+ weeks, with messages sent via the website, direct mail to the email provided when I opened an account, or via eBay messaging. Has anyone ordered anything in the last few weeks and received it?

If there is no response, i do not order from the seller. Chances are the seller is not doing business at this times. IMO