Xypher

Cannot get TBLE-02s to pair with my Carson X1 sender. Any tips?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please be patient :-)

I have ventured into the realm of RC cars and I am very excited to get my first car running. I built a DT-03 racing fighter. The car is complete and I now want to pair my remote with the TBLE-02s ESC. Somehow it’s not working. Here is what I did:

- I unplugged the motor (it’s the standard silver can brushed motor)

- the ESC is configured to brushed mode, LED blinks green

- I turn on the sender

- I hold the SET button

- I turn on the ESC

- ESC goes into blink sequence green - orange - red

- I let go of the SET button when red and expect the ESC to go into high point / throttle setup mode and blink red To indicate this. This is not happening and I cannot continue the high point / throttle setup. 

I know the sender is connected to the receiver and ESC as I can steer (front wheels move accordingly). 

Does anybody have a tip of what to try next? Is there a way to do a hard reset of the TBLE-02s?

Kind regards

Harald

I’m sure there are some experts on the way.. but I had a similar issue with my sand scorcher where the motor wouldn’t power And steering worked and it turned out the TBLE02 just didn’t work.. brand new.. I wasted ages resetting the transmitter, re-pairing changing from brushed to brushless and back, random wire swaps.. Luckily I had another model and last thing I tried was connecting the motor to the other ESC and it was all fine. Perhaps you have the same issue... Do you have access to a second ESC ? Perhaps a local shop can test it?

Hello Harald and welcome to the forum!

The problem you are experiencing is due to the order of operations. To access the high point setup, you need to have your transmitter and receiver turned on first before you do anything with the SET button. Once they are on and stable, then hold the SET button until it shines red.

Switching on the receiver while holding down the SET button accesses a different set of parameters. If you have been doing things in the order you describe, you have been turning the reverse function on and off.

Thanks for the great feedback! I was contacting my dealer and he suggested switching channels which I did. I initially had the ESC set on channel BEC and the servo on channel 1. Against all odds, leaving BEC unassigned and moving the ESC to channel 2 worked. It’s not clear to me why but that at least worked. I also left the motor connected. It says the opposite in the manual. 

Now onto my next task: chassis!! I am still fighting with myself whether I should go for black / gold or just metallic blue *g*. 

Any votes are highly appreciated LOL!

Cheers,

Harald

The BEC slot is just a power port. It doesn't give out any signal data. For the ESC to work, it needs a signal, so has to be plugged into one of the numbered channel slots. This provides a two-way link. The ESC gives the receiver power, and in return gets a signal to tell it what to do. 

As for colours, I'd vote for black and gold, maybe with some JPS decals!

Sometimes if the radio has EPA, the tble02S may not setup if the epa adjustment is not sufficient. (IE: it’s set on 100% or less where max might be 125%).

Juls