ACCEL

Frog ESC Placement

i did not want the ESC stuck to the Servo, so i installed it like this...

first i cut to fit a barrel pen piece for a spacer, drilled out the opposite side of frame to over size the hole already there to have a dead on contact with my 2mm hex tip, then shaved the servo horn bottom edge, install a 42mm button head titanium screw and tighten.

tap/ die (with a M2.5 x 8mm SS screw through tip of horn into the ESC aluminum heat sink fin, the long screw through the outer side of frame with washer and lock nut(Nyloc) it has a slight swivel so i'll install a zip tie later.

1u5gbys.jpg

ZajO5LW.jpg

My battery still fits, very close, but it works

• Like 1

Nice work!  Looks fantastic!  I love the space cage design of the ORV.  It lets you get creative mounting the electronics.

On my Jumper, I use the OG MSC plate but flip it upside down. My ESC sits on top. My Rx sits underneath.

On BarbieFoot 2, I made a small “shelf” that fits in the same spot as your ESC. That space originally fit the old school Rx.  Now I fit my ESC there.  I also made a small shelf where the driver mounts for the Rx.  Cheap sheet aluminum, cut with tin snips, bent, stuck with double sided tape.

I’ll snap some pix later tonight...

Terry

• Like 1

it's nice to have the electronics nowadays so much smaller,

makes fitting everything how Tom Thumb would like:lol: (or Thumbelina)

• Like 1

Are you guys running with the servo mounted in the middle? I like to keep as much weight down low as possible. Like it matters with the motor that high. :D

• Haha 1

earlier i was reading this....

This showed me enough that even before i read the thread and was already researching/purchasing then came across it.

Thanx MAD RACER!

i now want another frog to trick out and already started making and purchasing parts, kits arrive in October.

T4 Works T4works Aluminum Hybrid Billet Front Rim 2 pcs Red For Tamiya Grasshopper Hornet Frog Wild One

• Like 3

20 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Are you guys running with the servo mounted in the middle? I like to keep as much weight down low as possible. Like it matters with the motor that high. :D

I am going to center the servo on the Modified Frog

It'll be known as Jeremiah.

Soon as RC-GO gets back to me for the alum. hop ups i'll post the parts here, this will take some time, probably the end of October before it even starts.

ever catch frogs?:)

• Like 1

right here, these just ordered.............................................................................................................................

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The over size pics, well i just wasn't going to spend the time reducing them

• Like 2

A few orders placed last evening and will post pics when they arrive.

Meantime i'll be making these...................................................................

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Out of this Carbon Fiber Twill Plate...

ojCi5Kv.jpg

• Like 3

i figure for the rear dampers, they'll stay stock and then add a better fitting piston and AE X-Rings, sure why not try, 

i 'll Try the Yeah Racing Aluminum Big Bore Go 70mm fronts just now ordered, it's hit or miss from here on out.

i'm trying to find more info and MAD RACER has hit the nail on my ever expanding curiosity.

some things i have purchased was just in case, since somethings come rather slowly, but as of late every thing has come ahead of schedule.

Let the Games Begin!

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 4:16 AM, ACCEL said:

T4 Works T4works Aluminum Hybrid Billet Front Rim 2 pcs Red For Tamiya Grasshopper Hornet Frog Wild One

That is a beautiful machine. To whom does it belong???  Where did you get the pix???

I’ve been looking at those same hop-ups for a while. They look nice. I have the same front shock mounts on my Jumper, but in chrome.

Terry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

That is a beautiful machine. To whom does it belong???  Where did you get the pix???

found this pic (and there's more) from RC Mart when i ordered these F&R wheels, https://www.rcmart.com/t4-works-t4works-aluminum-hybrid-billet-rear-rim-2-pcs-red-for-tamiya-grasshopper-hornet-frog-wild-one-t4-wh02rd-00083255

now most of the parts i really had no choice so i ordered what was available (color wise), in stock items are thin and figured they may not be back for some time.

i have all The pics also on the thread "speedy_w_beans made me do it". 

last night i was looking for the body color of the T4 Works Frog but didn't find any thing at first, so i compromised and i think it will do PS-32 just to be different, i think the mix of this project, well it'll, just have to do and to re-anodize all the parts of the aluminum to match just would be too time consuming. i've read into the process many times but i have never attempted it.

• Like 1

ok i'm ordering a test Transmission better known from here on out as the Trani Deep Pond Experiment:lol:

i am going to fuse this trani- with a a thin sheet 0.5mm Carbon Fiber woven sheet (around the black thin edge), more for looks,

strength time can only tell.

getpic.php?type=multi&id=31771&large=2

• Like 1

5 down, two to go...

OgoT8zb.jpg

Scroll saw, Dremel, orbital sander, elbow grease and drilled some holes.

still have to fit the middle arm/ tower brace and then drill holes.....................later.

the other two pieces i have to modify when the other kit arrives( i did not want to tear down what i already have done to this frog that's almost complete),

PS-11 paint arrived and i'm still trying to figure out why:lol:

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 5:09 AM, ACCEL said:

thin sheet 0.5mm Carbon Fiber woven sheet

It would bend and conform with the heat gun but not at the extent i hoped for, thus the woven fabric instead, it worked better.

the Trani edge is almost finished, one more coat of West Systems.it appears it came out somewhat ok, once again you never know until you try.

somebody had to do it😊

• Like 1