Carmine A

TT-02 - my OTHER Piecemeal Build, time to refresh!!

Looking forward to seeing it painted, hope it all goes well for you. At least you don't have weather issues to worry about when planning painting. I seem to spend ages waiting for the rain to stop so I can get outside to paint and then it is either too windy or too cold! LOL

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Looking forward to seeing it painted, hope it all goes well for you. At least you don't have weather issues to worry about when planning painting. I seem to spend ages waiting for the rain to stop so I can get outside to paint and then it is either too windy or too cold! LOL

Yeah Mate.... The ONLY good thing about living in the Desert!!🏜 🌵  First Coat is down... Looks GREAT! She did a great job. Better than I expected.

• Like 1

HERE SHE IS - Painted!!! 😁 IMG_20201015_180308.thumb.jpg.5ba354bba7a0c25462669d2657949982.jpg

Just needs DECKALS, Light Buckets and then....

IMG_20201015_180600.thumb.jpg.da1d4077edfb316b6d13c0c007a4c5f2.jpg

Mounting the Magnets to the Body is the last Step! IMG_20201015_180901.thumb.jpg.ff210e0d295207fc5359dbe218a919e0.jpg

Do YOU Agree??

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

HERE SHE IS - Painted!!! 😁 IMG_20201015_180308.thumb.jpg.5ba354bba7a0c25462669d2657949982.jpg

Just needs DECKALS, Light Buckets and then....

IMG_20201015_180600.thumb.jpg.da1d4077edfb316b6d13c0c007a4c5f2.jpg

Mounting the Magnets to the Body is the last Step! IMG_20201015_180901.thumb.jpg.ff210e0d295207fc5359dbe218a919e0.jpg

Do YOU Agree??

Turned out well, colour scheme is nice, was checking out the tires you have on, would like to get a closer look? I like the tred.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Mate!! Really appreciate your Comment and support!! 😊

Until I can get a better picture, I cropped one of the others. IMG_20201015_180308-1.jpg.3dd18e1d7fb9010372f925eba80cf7e7.jpg

I'm afraid I can't tell you where to get them. It was a China Evilbay Seller - but sold in the U.S. (my principles!)  They're listed as "Rally Tyres". They were only $9.50 USD for a Set of 4! They made horrible Rally Tyres, but outstanding On-Road Tyres!!

They're quite soft and plenty grippy. 👍👍 I'd buy more if I can find them.  If I find them, I'll share the link. They're truly a hidden gem!

• Thanks 1

That is quite a good color choice indeed! Though I had assumed you'd make the front grill black no? It looks a little unusual in body color, seeing as it's meant to be an intake. 

Or do you have other plans for that area?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

That is quite a good color choice indeed! Though I had assumed you'd make the front grill black no? It looks a little unusual in body color, seeing as it's meant to be an intake. 

Or do you have other plans for that area?

Thank you so much!!! I was actually nervous about a 42 yr old Woman picking the Color - but I like it MORE every time I look at it. 😊   It started as a darker Plum. Even though I like dark shades, it doesn't always work in RC... Backing it with Metallic Silver really brightened it, and made it POP. 

I just couldn't resist putting out a peek with the raw Paint. 😉

NOT TO WORRY.... As a Certified Mustang NUT - I'd have my membership revoked if I were to have Body colored Grille and Intakes!!! 😲😜 

Nope, Tamiya has provided me with 78 NON precut  Decals - including the Grille (a nice Mesh), Air Intakes, Brake Ducts, Rear Fascia and all trim!! 😊  Including a bunch of Racer Boy Graphics that AREN'T being applied! 

• Like 2

........ BACK TO THOSE DECALS!!! 😖  I'll get pictures later, but my Old, FAT Arthritic Fingers are in need of a long break after finishing Decal #58!!! 😲 

I've obviously been Spoiled by Axial Crawlers - minimal Decals, and they're all LARGE.  THIS, my good English Friends would call Quite Fiddly!! Many tiny pieces to make larger ones over contours... 

Tamiya - I'VE GOT A GOOD HEAT GUN! I can get large Decals over and around contours easily and neatly.   Just VENTING Gents....  My first 18 years in the Hobby, I NEVER did Box Art. Enough Decals to look like a CAR - was IT. I concentrated more on getting good at Painting and Performance. 

Now this Mustang GT4 Body will not be completely Box Art either - BUT this Body has SO much detail and definition that, as honestly pointed out, looks NEKKED with just Paint. 

I had no plans to leave it that way, but I really didn't fathom what I was getting into!!!! 

HEY...... Do any of you have a spare Cockpit Plate you could spare?  I've got Helmets and Heads and Accessories, just really want the Cockpit. 😉

I thought the "Ballade" CRX Body had fiddly Decals. NOTHING compared to THIS!  

From what my Friend Mark just told me - I will NEVER do a Pro Rally Decal job! 😠😲👎  

Sorry, I'll resume in a while. 😉

I'm sure it will turn out great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the postal races!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I'm sure it will turn out great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the postal races!

Thank you so much!! 😊  Sometimes you just need to step away and refresh... Otherwise I'm sure I would do some Rookie Mistake, and mess up what I've done so far!! 😲 

I hope it's DONE in time to run this Round!! 

Here's a little Midnight sneak peek as to where I am so far... IMG_20201016_234511.thumb.jpg.81bf25a24a707ccd2086316ce2af80ae.jpgIMG_20201016_234234.thumb.jpg.126d117ce1d9d2fe79c41cdb27f38be3.jpg

It's not just that there's so many of them - most are in deep pockets of the highly detailed Body...

• Like 2

.... I took her out to do the "Postal Challenge" yesterday. She did WELL!! 😊  SO much better in the Turns than the M05... But that was expected.  Still some understeer, but those CHEAP Chinese Tires STUCK to the Tarmac!!! 😲👍👍  Shocked me. 

Anyway, I ran her with the Body fixed with VELCRO! Not ideal, but I may leave it as a backup for the Magnets, since Velcro can stand side sheer forces better.... 

TIME to start mounting the Magnets to the Body!! (YIKES!!)  Rear first because it will be much harder. Very close to the Rear Window, slanted and curved. IMG_20201019_094820.thumb.jpg.04290556edb6b54f053784effb297c05.jpg

Tried to build up as much sacrificial Masking Tape as I could, for the just in case!  (Unrelated, apparently the new "Fast and Furious" font isn't exactly clear) 😖 IMG_20201019_095325.thumb.jpg.735400be5e43ada4f4e994fd3d7ab0a1.jpg

I placed a sheet of Wax Paper, Body width, over the Magnets on the Rear Mount, then placed the Magnets for the Body, on top of those. Wax Paper makes a good barrier, and although still difficult, still easier to remove from the Epoxy! 😉

1 hour ago, Carmine A said:

I have SEEN the future!!!  https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZTWKTEHWX/tamiya-tt02-type-s-type-sr-sway-bar-mounting-kit 

It was designed by our own @ThunderDragonCy!! Looks like a straightforward means of fitting front and rear Swaybars to the TT-02. I'm anxious to try it. 😁

That is actually a VERY good thing to finally have for purchase! I don't know if it can be called 'straightforward' exactly (how many of us have 3.05mm drill bits?), but it is DEFINITELY a great contribution and my thanks to @ThunderDragonCy for putting it up!

I'm wondering why it would be used for the XV-01 though, since that already has a stabilizer kit available from Mr. T and stock mounting locations :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I'm wondering why it would be used for the XV-01 though, since that already has a stabilizer kit available from Mr. T and stock mounting locations :huh:

I believe the reference to XV-01 is as the best source of swaybars for fitting to your Type-S.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martinjpayne said:

I believe the reference to XV-01 is as the best source of swaybars for fitting to your Type-S.

Ah right, that makes a lot more sense! Thanks for the clarification!

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

That is actually a VERY good thing to finally have for purchase! I don't know if it can be called 'straightforward' exactly (how many of us have 3.05mm drill bits?)

That IS an improbable size... I've got 2.5, 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2mm Drill Bits. I suppose I'd just use 3.0mm, and run it through a couple of times to clean out the extra .05.

• Thanks 1

On to the Front Mounts, which was MUCH easier! IMG_20201021_071430.thumb.jpg.9e341d2c5a1ff6523e09390d153c58b5.jpg

I simply made a Box out of scrap Lexan, and wrapped it with Masking Tape. Then I brushed Thin CA Cement over it, for rigidity. IMG_20201021_071858.thumb.jpg.cda1fd1d57a240ebc8b6b662fa8f52c8.jpg

I then Epoxied it to the Body. The Magnets are more "captured", preventing them from popping out on side hits - the only real gripe with Magnet Mounts. 

IMG_20201021_072934.thumb.jpg.56e36270cf90aafcaf5d1d34fe2658aa.jpg

I got the Head and Taillights wired up soldered a pigtail to plug into the Reciever. Just NEED an Interior Plate... 😊

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

That is actually a VERY good thing to finally have for purchase! I don't know if it can be called 'straightforward' exactly (how many of us have 3.05mm drill bits?), but it is DEFINITELY a great contribution and my thanks to @ThunderDragonCy for putting it up!

3.05 is just a bit bigger than 3mm. Any clearance hole will work, but the closer you can get to 3mm the better the location. I got my 3.05 bit from a CNC machine tool vendor. They had online shop with drill in 0.05mm increments. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

3.05 is just a bit bigger than 3mm. Any clearance hole will work, but the closer you can get to 3mm the better the location. I got my 3.05 bit from a CNC machine tool vendor. They had online shop with drill in 0.05mm increments. 

My 3mm is a precision Bit... Seeing how it's Plastic, I'm fairly certain I can Tap the Hole. 

If it's a Hole for the Swaybar to go through, I may have a small Reamer that can clearance it. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

Did you finished the stickers? Would like to see the finished car.

Thank you!! I did, and will try to get some pictures done today. 😉

NEW TOY for the TT-02S SM RRRR GT4! 😁 spacer.png

From my Wounded Warrior buddy! So nice of him to do, out of the blue. The Tires feel softer and grippier too. 😉 

Thought of this on the fly..... If you have Diabeetus or know someone who does - SYRINGES might just be the best Tire Glue Applicator I've ever used!!! spacer.png

Ultra Thin CA sucks right into it, and with a teeny weeny 32 Gauge needle, it NEVER releases too much Glue, and goes EXACTLY where you need it. No waste, no gluing Tyres to your FINGERS!! 😁 

Best of all, when done, the Needle is protected by a Cap, that after you fit the Cap, it's almost instantly glued to the Syringe - protecting little hands and big Trash Collector hands! Try it out! 

Of COURSE I had to try them out! 😉 spacer.png

• Like 3