mud4fun

The trio - build of Vanquish, Avante 2001 & Egress

1 hour ago, mud4fun said:

PS. Those wing end plates took forever to paint. They have NINE coats of paint on them!!! We wanted to achieve the same as I do on my other wings where BOTH SIDES of each end plate are body colour but the main wing is silver. So I had to paint two coats of yellow, two white, one silver, two white and two more yellow to achieve the same bright yellow on both sides of the plates. In total approx 4 hours of waiting for paint to dry between coats to complete them!!

Oh i see you like to paint,.

Trick paint jobs do take so much time, then throw in multiple colors and there if you look real hard i have the same color scheme all over me, it's when i feel more part of the build:oit's all the masking off that takes so much darn time.

I'm going to start doing this and done it twice before on some other threads, here it goes,

"I got you to page seven":lol:

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, ACCEL said:

I'm going to start doing this and done it twice before on some other threads, here it goes,

"I got you to page seven":lol:

I think that is SO cool that SHE will be doing the building!! Admirable. 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mud4fun said:

We collected the new carbon plates for middle mudlets Egress build tonight. (And I got my Avante2001 FRP decks back that were being used as templates)

We have 95% of the parts required to build it. I haven't shown in the picture but all the screws, nuts, bolts and ball joints etc are all in the spares box ready too.

So hopefully tomorrow she can start putting this together.

egress_build (1).jpg

That looks  like a fun and quality build for your daughter, she will be pleased, I think!:wub:

Did I get it right, that you got new carbon plates made based on your FRP 2001 ones? Were they cheaper than sourcing Rere Egress plates? And you get the steering plate from with the 2001 design instead of the Egress!? Very cool. And it seems, you are using gear diffs, and probably the centre one way?:rolleyes: Keen on the build up, body is already so cool...

Have fun,

Matthias

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, ruebiracer said:

That looks  like a fun and quality build for your daughter, she will be pleased, I think!:wub:

Did I get it right, that you got new carbon plates made based on your FRP 2001 ones? Were they cheaper than sourcing Rere Egress plates? And you get the steering plate from with the 2001 design instead of the Egress!? Very cool. And it seems, you are using gear diffs, and probably the centre one way?:rolleyes: Keen on the build up, body is already so cool...

Have fun,

Matthias

• Like 1

Yes its weird, Front gearbox halves on sprue A with bearing holder and brace on B?? Manual starts with B for rear gearbox, why wasnt A swapped with B?

This is where a 3D printer would be handy to print out just the brace 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just finished reading this from start to finish and have to say this is one of the most enjoyable threads I've read in a long while. Picked up a ton of tips and tricks as to what I should stock up on to keep my Egress re-re running. And it's brilliant how you've managed to rope in your mudlets to take part in this as well. Mega! 
Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, Robert5000 said:

Just finished reading this from start to finish and have to say this is one of the most enjoyable threads I've read in a long while. Picked up a ton of tips and tricks as to what I should stock up on to keep my Egress re-re running. And it's brilliant how you've managed to rope in your mudlets to take part in this as well. Mega! 
Thanks! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Thank you! I'm chuffed to bits it proved useful.

There is more to come, we have three more Avante class buggies stripped and just waiting on a few parts. I will document there rebuild here once we have the missing parts. :)

Really, it's a ton of inspiration and insights. Looking forward to more updates in the future once the parts arrive! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, mud4fun said:

Middle mudlet and I got the shell and wing decals on her Egress shell this morning. Not the easiest these decals as they are really thick and don't like curves. However they are relatively cheap and can be bought in bespoke colour options and we find them ideal for our basher/racer buggies.

We fitted her shell onto my avante2001 chassis for display purposes. Also the wing is sitting a little too high at the moment, until we get some bespoke from towers made that allow the shell to be lifted up from the front instead of having to slot under the brace.

shell_complete (1).jpg

shell_complete (2).jpg

shell_complete (3).jpg

That is legit sick bro 

• Thanks 1

What happened to all of the OP's posts and pics?

Somebody throw their toys out of the cot? 🤷‍♂️😟

2 hours ago, djmcnz said:

What happened to all of the OP's posts and pics?

Somebody throw their toys out of the cot? 🤷‍♂️😟

I asked myself the same. mud4fun popped up here and postet A LOT of content and from one day to the other he was gone. February last login.