Collin

Tamiya nitro tanks

Hi. Got my hands on two 150cc nitro tanks (tnx/tgm2) for my TR-15T conversion kits. Unfortunitly both of them have no pump anymore but in general they are pretty nice condition. Is there something behind that people unmounted the pump?
With no pump, I guess some people insist to have it, the tank still works as a tank and the pullstarter/cylinder can work as a gasoline-punp as well...

Sorry, no clue.  

However, from the title, I thought Tamiya made something like this in Nitro!

• Confused 1

There are two things I’ve heard. The first is when you run the cars without the body, if they roll the pump can get snapped off. The second issue I’ve heard of is that the tank is prone to leaking around the pump so people seal them up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Juggular said:

Sorry, no clue.  

However, from the title, I thought Tamiya made something like this in Nitro!

Tank is a tank is a tank. But in my case its not a small chaindriven 150cc hobby-tank, its the vessel full of nitromethanol. :lol:

12 hours ago, hedge said:

There are two things I’ve heard. The first is when you run the cars without the body, if they roll the pump can get snapped off. The second issue I’ve heard of is that the tank is prone to leaking around the pump so people seal them up.

You might be right, the tank-pump is nut under the shell like they are at the onroad nitros. Probably they snapped off and got unmounted.