Mirrorman

Kyosho Scorpion Beetle Tomahawk returning YAY!!

Whoo Hoo - Thought that I'd bagged myself a a Kyosho Scorpion kit last night on the net.   From a Sydney dealer who had one IN STOCK.  :wub:

Placed my order , payed with CC and all looked good.  

Just had a call from them this morning ... back order only .. :(   

They will send a full refund, and the follow up service was good so I'll keep an eye on the site for stock to arrive and order from them again  - but I am as disappointed a kid at Christmas hoping for a special gift, only to find "santa" has given me socks and underwear. :unsure:

EDIT 19th September  - It looks like Kyosho are re-releasing many of there out of stock kits again.  So looks like happy times again .. poor wallet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Comparing with another shop on the other side of the globe may not be so relevant, but still...

Tamico in Germany has been out of stock for the Scorpion, Beetle and Tomahawk for a long time and according to the webshop, they expect stock again around October 30th. Tamico is usually quite precise on this type of information, so I expect it to be correct now too.

Based on this and assuming that the Australian Kyosho distributor does a decent job, It would seem likely to me that a shop in Australia also would have it in stock again before Christmas.

• Like 1

The the guy at the hobby shop was very helpfull when I spoke to him on the phone. He also di mention an approx 5 week delay before they would have new stock, so end of October  sounds about right.   He did also mention something about a general delay in distribution because of different Covid-19 restrictions. 

So it look like Kyosho are doing another run of the Scorpion , and I hope the Beetle too. I'll just save my dough and maybe get BOTH !! ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I believe the local shop has one. If you don’t mind shipping from the US, I can help get it to you.

Appreciate the offer Supra , but I think I'll wait for the local guys to get one in. 

I'm supposed to be a mature adult (lol) , so a wait of month or so should be tolerable .. :P

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Comparing with another shop on the other side of the globe may not be so relevant, but still...

Tamico in Germany has been out of stock for the Scorpion, Beetle and Tomahawk for a long time and according to the webshop, they expect stock again around October 30th. Tamico is usually quite precise on this type of information, so I expect it to be correct now too.

Based on this and assuming that the Australian Kyosho distributor does a decent job, It would seem likely to me that a shop in Australia also would have it in stock again before Christmas.

I checked the Kyosho Japan site last night and it does look like many of the previous re-re kits will return sometime in September. So the late October estimate by Tamico seems about right.  Hope I see these kits back on the shelves at my local hobbie shops soon as well.  

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/30616.html   - Turbo Scorpion

(Image owned by Kyosho Japan - all rights Kyosho Japan)

Kyosho_TScorpion_Capture.JPG

I've never owned a Kyosho but every time I see the Turbo Scorpion I edge that little bit closer to having one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blista said:

I've never owned a Kyosho but every time I see the Turbo Scorpion I edge that little bit closer to having one.

They are quality kits, its like buying a Tamiya but with all the hop-ups in the box from the start.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

They are quality kits, its like buying a Tamiya but with all the hop-ups in the box from the start.

Kits that perform out of the box?  Is that a thing that happens with other brands?  It can't possibly work that way.  :lol:

The only thing saving my wallet from a Scorpion or two is the lack of a dirt RC track.  I can't drive an old school buggy on astroturf.  Just seems wrong.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blista said:

The only thing saving my wallet from a Scorpion or two is the lack of a dirt RC track.  I can't drive an old school buggy on astroturf.  Just seems wrong.

No tracks for me either, but any patch of dirt will do, and nothing wrong with putting slicks on it and going Urban Buggy 😃👍🏻 

• Like 3

This video with the Canadian RC guys has got me even more interested in owning a Kyosho re-release. 

• Like 3

I just got a Beetle (albeit 2nd hand so ready built). The Scorpion chassis is a lovely thing. 

Waiting on parts to get it running. I'm glad there's more supplies coming as that should mean spares (although there's very little plastic on these things) will be topped up too. I'm after some of the Turbo Scorpion 2.2" wheels

• Like 1

I have a beetle re-re as a basher.

I wonder, the ESC and battery are pretty covered and enclosed. I wonder if I need to add cooling to them somehow. I haven't done it yet, but I am thinking of adding some motor cooling fin as well.

My next mod is 2.2" wheel as well. May have to get 2 sets for off-road and on-road.

Another things is the beetle body, its holding up ok, considering the number of flips it had. LOL But there are cracks close to the base of the spoiler. I am thinking when the spoiler gives way, I would need to trim it off, then convert it to Scorpion wing.

Thought about the carbon fiber parts, but just couldn't pull the money for them.

Plenty of scratches, no major repair yet. :)

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

• Like 5

The Beetle will be the first one I buy - for sure.   

When I spotted images the Beetle on the first release in 2014 I liked it the least out of the Scorpion and the Beetle  , now the Beetle is the one I want the most. :P

• Like 1