Mirrorman

Has anyone ordered an RC kit from Mighty Ape?

Has anyone here ever ordered an RC kit , or anything, from Mighty Ape?

I've placed an order for a Tamiya XR311 from them the other day , and all look good to go .  Today I had a message from Mighty Ape asking for some address confirmation by sending a photo of a current phone or gas bill , showing my address.  :huh:

I'm a bit of a cautious ****** , but I do want the kit.  

Any thoughts? 

I haven’t heard of them ( in the States ) before your mention. 
I get your hesitation with the address conformation thing though. 

• Like 1

They're a legit place, or at least the New Zealand one is.  I've never done business with the Australian version so I don't know if they have an actual warehouse set up in Australia or if it's just an Australian version of the NZ website.  Tend to be a bit more expensive but there can be some good deals.  They likely want proof to protect themselves from the possibility of a credit card scammer.

Yep my TT02D kit came from there.  I didn't actually buy that one, a friend did, but it was quick delivery etc.

I've bought books and things from there without any issues either.  Its definitely legit, when you drive up the northern motorway heading out of Auckland they have a massive warehouse.

Their prices are generally high, but then they have a sale and you get some bargains.