JamieD

Boomerang

Is the boomerang still available for sale but just out of stock everywhere, or have tamiya stopped making it? Thanks

Re-issued Boomerang isn't that old.  So it would come up for sale again somewhere; like ebay.  

Availability all depends on who keeps what where and when they decide to sell. (The way I understand it, Tamiya never keeps on making anything. They make a batch for few weeks and distributed to the world. That's it. They move on to the next kit)  How they are sold depends on the market.  Right now might not be the best time to buy for certain cars though.  I see Boomerangs listed for $350.  That's twice as much as before pandemic.  So yes, they are available even now, just that most of them are trying to sell at much higher price than before.  

Yes your right, the ones I've seen seen , ebay, seem overpriced, and I'd like to build my own rather than a preowned built up one. I'll just have to keep a eye out.

Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, JamieD said:

Is the boomerang still available for sale but just out of stock everywhere, or have tamiya stopped making it? Thanks

A good alternative would be a Hotshot or Supershot which are still in production. Similar builds and atheistically pleasing.