Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

How do the various TB0X tub chassis relate to the TB Evo series?

Can anyome help me with a bit of Tamiya shaft drive history? I have a TB03 which based on various hop ups i have got roughly relates as being the tub version of the TB EVO V. However, either side of this in the series the EVO cars don't seem to obviously relate to the tub cars. It's a bit confusing. Is there much crossover? Just interested really. 

Very little can cross over except diffs, suspension arms, hubs, uprights etc etc. 

Bulkheads seem to be the unique feature along with chassis plates and some steering arms. 

Saying that I think it's possible to convert to a TB02 using a tb evo III chassis deck. 

10 minutes ago, svenb said:

Very little can cross over except diffs, suspension arms, hubs, uprights etc etc. 

Bulkheads seem to be the unique feature along with chassis plates and some steering arms. 

Saying that I think it's possible to convert to a TB02 using a tb evo III chassis deck. 

Ah, thanks. Maybe the EVO III being that directly related to the TB02 is where i got the idea from. Certainly the EVO VI has very little in common with the transverse motor TB04. 

13 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ah, thanks. Maybe the EVO III being that directly related to the TB02 is where i got the idea from. Certainly the EVO VI has very little in common with the transverse motor TB04. 

Very different those two! Might not be the case but the tb04 feels like twice the weight of the evo4. 

Yeah the Evo 4 is practically worlds apart from the TB04.

Now if the Evo4 had the nice diffs from the TB04 then IMO the Evo4 would be out of this world amazing.

I would argue the TB03 and EVO5, TB04 and EVO6, and TB05 and EVO7 are roughly related to each other, at least from layout/architecture standpoints and release dates.

TB03 and EVO5 have rear motor location, longitudinal motor arrangement, and ball diffs.

TB04 and EVO6 have slightly forward motor location, transverse motor arrangement, center gearbox, and gear diffs.

TB05 and EVO7 have multiple motor mounting locations, longitudinal motor arrangement, and gear diffs.  The EVO7 has three motor locations and the TB05 has two.

Earlier generations of TB and EVO I'm not so sure about.

• Like 3