Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Cheap motor pretty fast!

I did a GPS test with my hornet with this cheap WLToys 540 motor I think it's a 17 or 18 Turn motor.

My hornet went 23.8MPH on 6 Cell NIMH and 26.3MPH on a 2S lipo!

Pretty fast for a cheap motor.
Here is the motor I used https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-1242812423-112-RC-Car-Spare-Parts-540-Motor-0121-p-1084241.html?rmmds=search&p=IY08116337936201609C&custlinkid=1287274&cur_warehouse=CN

• Like 4

Motors from GoolRC, Austar and Surpass are pretty cheap. $7-10. From 9t all the way to 55t. All of which are modified with replaceable brush, ball bearing and adjustable timing. I have about 8 motors from GoolRC (17t, 21t, 27t) and 2 from Austar (35t and 55t). All are working great, accurate and well without any problems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Superluminal said:

That's brave in a hornet!!!

What esc was that with?

Hi some dynamite esc from a ecx truck.  Hobby wing makes some nice cheap ones in there quickrun line

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Motors from GoolRC, Austar and Surpass are pretty cheap. $7-10. From 9t all the way to 55t. All of which are modified with replaceable brush, ball bearing and adjustable timing. I have about 8 motors from GoolRC (17t, 21t, 27t) and 2 from Austar (35t and 55t). All are working great, accurate and well without any problems.

Yea thank you,  I know about them they are nice also.. I Just had this one laying around and WOW it surprised me it went real fast!

• Like 1

Downright SCARY in a Hornet, Steve!! 😲 I'll be doing YouTube tonight, can't wait to see it! 

WLToys has been a brilliant Underdog in the RC Knockoff Market. Quality stuff!!!  I've also had great luck with GOOLRC. 

10 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Downright SCARY in a Hornet, Steve!! 😲 I'll be doing YouTube tonight, can't wait to see it! 

WLToys has been a brilliant Underdog in the RC Knockoff Market. Quality stuff!!!  I've also had great luck with GOOLRC. 

Yes I could not believe the speed of my hornet from that wltoys motor, It has nice magnets in it with a lot of POP when you turn the the motors armature also.

• Like 1

I would be interrested what Motors are the fastest affordable Motors for Tamiya standard ESCs.

I think their Motorlimit is 23T but the 23T Motors at my local "Conrad" do not have as much Tourque and RPM as a Sport tuned Motor.

Sport tuned ones got very Pricey and are not timeable....

I would be interrested what Motors are the fastest affordable Motors for Tamiya standard ESCs.

I think their Motorlimit is 23T but the 23T Motors at my local "Conrad" do not have as much Tourque and RPM as a Sport tuned Motor.

@whahooo I don't know the number of turns (someone else may chime in) but you can always try a Team Powers 540 Stock Cup Racer motor: 24000rpm and only £12. Cheaper if you buy one with last years approvals.

https://www.team-powers.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_61

I've read online they work okay with TEU-104 and -105BK ESC's so expect 'Stock' means 23T or 25T with fixed timing advance.

22 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

@whahooo I don't know the number of turns (someone else may chime in) but you can always try a Team Powers 540 Stock Cup Racer motor: 24000rpm and only £12. Cheaper if you buy one with last years approvals.

I've read online they work okay with TEU-104 and -105BK ESC's so expect 'Stock' means 23T or 25T with fixed timing advance.

I have been looking for a pair of these, do you happen to know the timing on them and their actual turns rating?

On 9/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, whahooo said:

Hi I used those cheap RC4wd 20 turn crawler motor on the kit esc's it's a nice upgrade from the silver cans they give you.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, martinjpayne said:

Hi I usually go with the RC4wd 20 turn crawler motors.👍

The ESC can handle 20 Turn Motors?

How do you know how much a Tamiya ESC can handle?