Pauli330

HasLab HeroQuest Help needed

Today the Hasbro crowdfunding for the dungeon crawler revival of HeroQuest started. I took a look at the count down everyday the last week just to find out that there is no possibility to join if you live outside the US. As I am from Austria I was not able to order. 

To see what's about: 

HeroQuest

So maybe one of the US fellows can help me with this. 

KR Paul

• Like 1

Dunno - To be honest I think I prefer the look and style of the original mb/gw one (which I still have my own one from my birthday in 1989 and is one of my most treasured posessions - so maybe i'm overly biased)

I wasnt to convinced by the anniversary crowd funded one either, though I respect their skill at creating it and sculpting the figures but I dont really like the cgi heavy artwork nor the overly detailed miniatures that are all the rage now. You cant beat Les Edwards artwork and old 90s eavy metal painting style.

However, this im properly excited by and hope that Lego give it the green light;

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d0c19cd7-ad7a-4775-b185-debbf29968d7

I've still got the original HeroQuest stashed away.  My painting of the miniatures is a bit dire but I knew nothing about painting beyond buying Tamiya acrylic paint and a brush back then.  I actually sold the two expansion packs a while back to buy Tamiya RC stuff but couldn't bring myself to sell the base game.  I like the look of the new version.  The original will always be superior in my eyes but updating it certainly adds a point of difference.

I wouldn't mind getting this as well.  There's apparently a convention happening online in a few hours that will talk about the game.  It's already crushing it's funding goals so hopefully there's a bit of information about a retail release to the rest of the world.

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulsecon-2020

I know what you mean. Heroquest wasn't that popular in my area when I was a child so I didn't know this game. But I like the system and I heard that the rules are not so diffucult so kids can play it. I would like to play it with my kids. I wanted to buy the original but most offers in good condition without expansion packs have price between 200-270€.

I think for the kids the new artwork and miniatures are no problem. For me too because I never played the original one. 

I have heard that retail for Europe could maybe start in 2022.