Sign in to follow this  
Mirrorman

58010 Ligier JS9 Matra

I took some pictures of this today.

Haven't had the box open for ages - hope you don't mind me sharing. 

025.JPG

026.JPG

029.JPG

• Like 6

Lovely!

Really wish they would rerelease some more of these hard bodies for the F103 / F104 like they did with the Ferrari

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Lovely!

Really wish they would rerelease some more of these hard bodies for the F103 / F104 like they did with the Ferrari

That would be great - I have the Ferrari , such a beautifull thing.  

Tamiya did a limited release of the1:10 Brabham Bt50 body and decal sheet.   I was lucky enough to get one from Japan.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

• Like 2

will you build either of these? I have the March 782 BMW kit (58013) and the clear plastic packaging is browning and slowly falling apart, so I think at some stage I will build. After all, isn't that what they are meant for :D

11 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

will you build either of these? I have the March 782 BMW kit (58013) and the clear plastic packaging is browning and slowly falling apart, so I think at some stage I will build. After all, isn't that what they are meant for :D

Ohhhh - nice - the March 782 (58013) is another favourite of mine.  I was eyeing one off up for sale in Japan.

I was just thinking about "build or not build" yesterday.  If the packaging was damaged probably yes - but as it is still sealed I'm thinking to leave it unbuilt.     While it did cost me less than a current re-re buggy would set me back to purchase, unlike the buggy, this will never get a re-released. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwb68 said:

Very nice. I love these early kits. A joy to build and the bodies are beautiful. 

The bodies on these and the other Tamiya range from that same time are so nice - and the inner packing is just art.  I've never built one of these kits. 

I had bought the later much release Tamiya 84122 1/10 Lotus Type 79 F1 and the Tamiya 84124 Wolf WR1 F104W car kits to get some sort of feel of building an F1 RC car. Then the Ligier popped up for sale as an auction , and no one bid on it but me.  The seller seemed somewhat upset that his kit went for lowish money, but he went through with the deal.  My wallet was quite empty at that time, so was happy it didn't skyrocket in price. 

On 9/23/2020 at 7:59 PM, Mirrorman said:

The bodies on these and the other Tamiya range from that same time are so nice - and the inner packing is just art.  I've never built one of these kits. 

I had bought the later much release Tamiya 84122 1/10 Lotus Type 79 F1 and the Tamiya 84124 Wolf WR1 F104W car kits to get some sort of feel of building an F1 RC car. Then the Ligier popped up for sale as an auction , and no one bid on it but me.  The seller seemed somewhat upset that his kit went for lowish money, but he went through with the deal.  My wallet was quite empty at that time, so was happy it didn't skyrocket in price. 

Nice lucky find, mate!

These F1 early kits are all so gorgeous, from the box art to the inner packaging and the finished product... what a joy it must be to build. I shall never lay my hands on one of these or else I'll never make it out of the rabbit hole! I just can't afford to have the same obsession I already have for the buggies lol...

Hope you'll enjoy the build whenever you'll decide to start it. We only live once, you should do it someday ;)

I also have one of these in original unbuilt condition, and i definitely wont be building mine. Even if the box is not perfect, its an original unbuilt kit, and every time someone says, i'll build it because the box is damaged, there are less and less NIB kits around. I also have the Hart Ralt NIB from the same era, and that wont be built for the same reason.

DSC_5752.JPG

• Like 1

I was watching an auction for a built-up Ligier last night.   

Only 5 years ago I paid less for mine in the box that that built-up last night went for,  so getting mine out of the box and building it doesn't seem a bad thing to do now. 

7 hours ago, Mirrorman said:

I was watching an auction for a built-up Ligier last night.   

Only 5 years ago I paid less for mine in the box that that built-up last night went for,  so getting mine out of the box and building it doesn't seem a bad thing to do now. 

I think that may have been mine. I had one that i built out of the old spares that were left over from the resto of my good one, so i stuck it on ebay. It did sell for more than i expected and is on the way to Poland.

J

• Like 1