DayRider

A right tool

6 hours ago, BP2411 said:

Wowstick for me... Kind of lost it's charm when someone said it'd looked like a "ladies bedroom toy" though 😂

download.jpeg

Had to google that one. How powerful is it torque wise

2 hours ago, MadInventor said:

My milling machine:

OK, it won't fit in a toolbox, but along with digital calipers my most vital bit of kit.

Mill.jpg

You need a bigger tool box. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Micrometer.

Funny, l was just looking at a pair online.

12 hours ago, Juggular said:

Oh, JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) screw drivers definitely made a difference for me.  Since that's mentioned already...

[1]  I'd go for a pair of curved scissors.  

Hmvgn4N.jpg

They don't look impressive. But once you start using them, they just make it easier to cut bodies with.  

4sFxFqb.png(Dexter approves)

[2]  The other is a brand, rather than a tool.  I used X-Acto knives until about 25 years ago.  But they were anything but exact. They'd get dull faster. So I preferred to use old school razor blades for scale model building.  Razors get dull just as fast, but at least they were sharper than X-Acto. 

Once I found OLFA brand (made in Japan), I never looked back.  As sharp as razor blades but stays sharper longer than razors. 

vsdyiuU.jpg

Tiny stickers that's wrapping around these 6 tail lights?  These blades were very useful. 

F6qdX4R.jpg

[3]  It isn't a tool, but I don't think I'll build any RC car without plastic-safe Teflon grease.  It is stickier than Tamiya's ceramic grease. But because you only need a thin film of teflon, gears turn easier.  Only oil like WD40 would be lighter. But you can't use WD40 (it can destroy plastic, and it won't last long anyway).  But this grease have stuck on my Wild Willy 2 gears for 20 years, protecting even the aluminum pinion.  

nB5WB6D.jpg

You only need this much and it stays like this for decades. It's not any louder either.  In my opinion, this is something Tamiya should sell as an optional aftermarket grease. (Then again, Tamiya doesn't sell LiPo to children. Maybe Tamiya thinks kids would eat it. While people fry eggs on teflon pans everyday, eating teflon grease won't be good for health...)  

ItuZ7BQ.jpg

That body set turned out nice, you must be proud of that work. I have done one in green and know how trick some of those de-cals are to get lined up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BP2411 said:

You need a bigger tool box. 

I just need a sign on the  door that says 'toolbox' :)

• Haha 3

E clip tool is an insertion tool for fitting 'E' clips (shaped like an E believe it or not ) - the small horseshoe shaped retainers fitted to various pins like suspension arms etc . I use a small pair of pliers to fit them , and a very small screwdriver to pop them out again , less fiddly than an E tool TBH

e tool.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Cool

16009757414616581232507087466529.jpg

The little clips you find in shocks

16009760212397849122744195844193.jpg

47 minutes ago, DayRider said:

The little clips you find in shocks

16009760212397849122744195844193.jpg

The red tool in the pic is a ball connector splitter but I guess it would work for E clip fitting