Sign in to follow this  
Smokeylocc420

Re-re Topper! Top Force Build

3 hours ago, catman79 said:

looking good! i like the tow bar on the front bumper too!

LOL Thanks I know right?! That tow bar has saved her on many cliff-hanging excursions! I'm gonna have to take it off sometime but I figured it makes her seem brand new. kinda absurd now that I think of it!

I will. Is Top Force durable? It seems kinda weak due to the fact that the shock towers are secured by just two screws, and said screws are driven into fragile-looking plastic.  I know about the shock tower braces mod but still...

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

• Like 1

And here's Manta. I haven't decided on what color to paint her on the taped bits:

I have pink, generic paints are red, yellow(not gonna happen), white, and Rusto St Tropez (which is showcased here) and Island Coral:

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

• Like 1

Some more pics for you guys

Anyone feel free to post some top force picks!

I'd like to run one and keep one shelved, so I did some mods to the car. Kinda ugly but I'm going for function over looks lol

The under guard I know 'top force' it's backwards! but I still love it.

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

• Like 1

A pic of front gearbox plastic I notice is pretty old has a bit of upward flex under strain, so installed a small (2mm?) screw I had laying around with a washer and nut secured with JB weld  to help hold top gear cover down, and a rear pic of homemade wing mount and a dab of JB on the rear gearbox (ugly!) Might clean it up by adding more JB and shaping it up.

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

• Like 1

I didn't want to use my ONLY set of 'Propper Topper' decals, so improvised a bit with some paint pens and I like it..it really 'pops' if you know what I mean.

The brighter one kinda reminds me of Super Mario Bros lol

This is all completely removeable, And what's neat is I found out you can layer the paints on, using Scotch clear tape...

As far as the stock decals, I might go get some repro's done locally.

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

55 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

A very nice pair of buggies :)

Thank you very much Mud4fun! Still got the original stickers, and all that paint is easily removable!

• Like 1

I really like that you simply go your own way regarding wildstyle design. Are you doing graffity also? I am not 100% shure about the colours but that does not matter, most Important for me, not another boxart scema. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Collin said:

I really like that you simply go your own way regarding wildstyle design. Are you doing graffity also? I am not 100% shure about the colours but that does not matter, most Important for me, not another boxart scema. 

Thank you! No graffiti just having some fun.  And the colors...yea they look fresh in the flesh, pics don't do them much justice...and my camera isn't that good.

Had to add some anti-sway equipment. Kinda ugly, but works really well.

I got some red gearboxes on deck, probably going to run with these black ones until failure then swap them.

IMG_1481[1].JPG

IMG_1482[1].JPG