DeadMeat666

Steel hex screws

On 10/9/2020 at 12:19 AM, Mechanic AH said:

@DeadMeat666 Thanks! Sounds promising. I'm interested in the black steel ones too. Can't wait to learn more about your experience. 

Update: these screws are fantastic. I've never seen such good tolerance of hex holes with the driver; absolutely spot on with no wiggle at all. Also I can confirm that there are at least 50% more screws in this set than required, which is great. 

I'm DEFINITELY coming back to this vendor the next time I need steel hex screws.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Update: these screws are fantastic. I've never seen such good tolerance of hex holes with the driver; absolutely spot on with no wiggle at all. Also I can confirm that there are at least 50% more screws in this set than required, which is great. 

I'm DEFINITELY coming back to this vendor the next time I need steel hex screws.

Awesome! Thanks for posting an update. I’m assuming the high tensile steel you purchased are the black ones? I might try and order and see if shipping cost to the States is reasonable. But I think moving forward I’ll test out Big Jon’s recommendation too.

52 minutes ago, Mechanic AH said:

Awesome! Thanks for posting an update. I’m assuming the high tensile steel you purchased are the black ones? I might try and order and see if shipping cost to the States is reasonable. But I think moving forward I’ll test out Big Jon’s recommendation too.

Yes, the ones I ordered were the high-tensile steel.

• Thanks 1