Papad617

I need a battery for vintage Frog

(First post). I recently got back into RC by purchasing an Arrma Notorious, and also dug out my original Frog from storage, which I think I got in 85 or 86.....hasn’t been used in 20+ years at least.    After some tinkering I have the servos working etc but I need a battery.....are there any batteries that will fit without me modding the car itself?  I am trying to keep it intact if possible, for ol times sake

any help is appreciated!

BAFC3AB1-FEE1-4DE3-8D9A-F8232D5AEA42.jpeg

• Like 1

Any 6-cell NIMH battery such as this one is perfect for a frog. The frog will also be a fun contrast to the Notorious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 cell NiMh - but you will need a charger that will charge NiMh , not an old NiCd only charger .

Nice Frog - are you running a vintage speed controller in there ? . I like the rear wheel and tyre mod ( foam?)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Those look Bolink wheels with foam tires Kev. 

Thanks Terry , yes they look good

Thanks for the help!  Yes foam bolink tires from 85/86 as well.....  it’s mostly vintage parts including the speed controller , except for a few screws and nots etc that I have had to replace to keep it together 

• Like 1

As a person that completed re-built their original Frog with new re-re parts, etc. let me suggest this:  clean up and rebuild your Frog exactly like it is now.  Then buy a re-re Frog for bashing and driving...

Terry

• Like 2