Sign in to follow this  
FC5687

Yeah Big Bore Go Damper

I'm using a set of YR dampers on the wheelie bar on my Bushy D.  They seem to work fine, and they look nice and blingy...

Make sure you get the correct length...

Terry

• Like 1

just received my set from gonitrohobbies.

i'll be installing X-Rings and different fluid

Don’t bother with the x-rings. Just get the 53574 TRF rod guide set. The clear o rings work best. 

• Like 1

I have two sets of YR 60mm shock gear and another one (55mm) coming from RCmart. The two 60mm shock gear are used in two of my rally cars. They work great and I have no complains. Rebound and damping are next to the TRF in my (and many others too) opinion. The reason why I ordered another YR set.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Don’t bother with the x-rings. Just get the 53574 TRF rod guide set. The clear o rings work best. 

Rod guides fit for sure?

i'll try them.

i have plenty of O rings Much More Flex, AE X-rings (which both are in collaboration together) , and spares from every make that've been acquired and then some.

2 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

I have two sets of YR 60mm shock gear and another one (55mm) coming from RCmart. The two 60mm shock gear are used in two of my rally cars. They work great and I have no complains. Rebound and damping are next to the TRF in my (and many others too) opinion. The reason why I ordered another YR set.

I honor your opinion,

kinda goes with O rings😆

I thought you were using Tamiya X rings which are soft ..

Yeah tends to model its dampers after Tamiya so should work

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

i dig spares, just in case,

Thanx for the info, it's absolutely fun.

I hope FC5687 is getting all this info, cause i'm eating up.

45 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

YR and Tamiya springs, pistons and o-rings work vice versa.

sure it's not versa vice, because when i'm building the 4th shock i forget which order i started with the other three:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raman36 said:

for so long people tended to look down on Yeah and i never saw it that way (Yesteryear) now they're into just about it all. i had only one issue with them and they did nothing about it.

Long story very short they could not except the mistake of a deformed piviot ball that came with a set of Desert Lizard shocks, pics, a few e-mails and they just did not know how to handle it, i thought the guy was going to have a heart attack, for they just could not believe there was a manufacturing defect.

Since you could not purchase the hardware separate and they would not send me one nor sell me one (That was the biggest joke) so i purchased another set of Desert Lizards shocks (for one dang ball).

That said i had and have purchased and used hundreds of items they have made through out the years. i do like their products.

did he dye that frame blue?

i like the lay down rear shocks better. the looks anyway. performance i just do not remember since i gave my original frog to my nephew 30 years ago.

but now i'll have two (not the originals 80's)