ACCEL

Operation Lilly Pad

Working on The Frog and almost complete, i came across this, I call their project The T4 Works being that's the company and this picture when i came across their wheels for The Frog on RC Mart, so this second Frog is and will be far different from the other i'm doing as Box Art.

This picture floored me, and then i didn't have any emotions, my mind went blank, and immediately went on a mission Code name: Jeremiah (the Bull Frog):lol:

(stock and availability was scarce from what hop ups i was trying to acquire for this new Frog build, not exactly the colors i was hoping for, but who knows when they'll re-stock ?)

T4 Works T4works Aluminum Hybrid Billet Front Rim 2 pcs Red For Tamiya Grasshopper Hornet Frog Wild One

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Blue Prints for Operation Lilly Pad:

0 Hour , The arsenal has started arriving, mission control gives green light to commence operation...

Color of buggy: Tamiya Corsa Gray PS-32

Ij9QOPj.jpg

HrwvRkt.jpg

• Like 2

Rear shocks, only ones that i could find at 75mm were the Pro lines.

Pro-Line Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks (70mm-75mm)

but i want to use the Original rear set, so i'm going for some different pistons and these with AE fluid

kjoVOLT.jpg

• Like 2

The Trani edge gets wrapped with this CF cloth with West Systems 105/206

0uey3XX.jpg

AYwrIe9.jpg

CEJHn8L.jpg

Mission Deep Pond (purchasing hop ups and the spare transmission Parts C Diff Case TBF8 0005161)

That's when i knew i got frog bit and this idea ribbited.

i'm also thinking of and it either works or leaks? i'm thinking not, just a smear here and there of Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker with my idea of a sealed transmission and its brace(s) injected with differential fluid. Yes! it has been written (in this case typed) so it shall be done.

• Like 4

Sorry but going to hurt a few feelings here, not a Hornet or Frog lover, find them a bit ,Wimpy,there I said it! : )

This on the other hand is something rather good,brill in fact,i would even own that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gazzalene said:

Sorry but going to hurt a few feelings here, not a Hornet or Frog lover, find them a bit ,Wimpy,there I said it! : )

This on the other hand is something rather good,brill in fact,i would even own that.

i found the Dancing/Dual Rider as Carmine A put it, a novelty, i thought the same, but when i saw it in action leaning into turns i wanted one (Fullmetal Alchemist T3=01 this here is on The Builds)

when i get something in my head i try it, i dream about it, and then i attack it as though it's real, plus i had an original many years ago and gave it to my nephew, now i'll have two.

but yes the original box art and pink doesn't mix in my brain much either but i'm doing that one for all time sake, it's almost complete.

it's funny on some of these builds how everyone connects to their history with these machines, kinda like an Ol' pal.

and being honest and real and having you post that is appreciated, sometimes people will tell you the pudding is good when it's not, and sometimes the truth can set in motion for a better tasting pudding at the next meal, so i thank you for your honesty Gazzalene.

• Like 1

These i made last week, traced them on paper over my screen and proceeded to execute...

5 down, two to go...

OgoT8zb.jpg

Scroll saw, Dremel, orbital sander, elbow grease and drilled some holes.

still have to fit the middle arm/ tower brace and then drill holes.....................later.

the other two pieces i have to modify when the other kit arrives( i did not want to tear down what i already have done to The Box Art Frog that's almost complete).

3.1mm 6K Twill Weave CF Plate

just a side note for larger pieces like the parts i've done for boats, a wet saw works like a dream.

• Like 2

s-l1600.jpg

It's an Ebay find, if i only had a CNC machine, was thinking i could laminate CF and make my own, Aaaaa! this is quicker.

i do have aluminum but not as thick. oh well they were only 41 tadpoles

• Like 2

This looks EXCITING!!! 😁  So this is getting the same treatment as the Dancing Rider did? That will be Cool 😎 

Of course everyone who will see this will feel nostalgia.... It's the FROG!!!!  For me, it was my first RC Kit, back in 1984.  It wasn't the FIRST Hobby Grade, RC Car..... But it WAS the one that along with the Grasshopper, made the Hobby a GLOBAL phenomenon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carmine A said:

This looks EXCITING!!! 😁  So this is getting the same treatment as the Dancing Rider did? That will be Cool 😎 

Of course everyone who will see this will feel nostalgia.... It's the FROG!!!!  For me, it was my first RC Kit, back in 1984.  It wasn't the FIRST Hobby Grade, RC Car..... But it WAS the one that along with the Grasshopper, made the Hobby a GLOBAL phenomenon.

i remember, my boss's son had one we went to the hobby store and i bought one,. several years later i had broke something on it and gave it to my nephew, who flippn' knew back then? now us grandpa's be doing cart wheels to have'm all back. 

Wait a minute dear Ol' pal of mine something just swam up the river.............................................................................................

i think Jeremiah thinks it's a fly

• Haha 1

Oh it's another long awaited rare spotted speckled fleabeedo, no it's a pair of red

s-l1600.jpg

just arrived today.

Back in a few for the revealing of the Deep Pond Mission, The Edge of Night Excursion.

• Like 2

Not a huge frog fan myself but this build looks really cool, looking forward to watching the progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I

On 9/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, mud4fun said:

Not a huge frog fan myself but this build looks really cool, looking forward to watching the progress.

It's all 4 fun Mud.

i think this came into play because i had to purchase PS-11 paint for the box art build of The Frog, thus i wanted something more like as shown above.

• Like 1

what do you get when you have two Frogs........................................................................................................

That's right!

Tadpoles:lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

I

It's all for fun Mud.

i think this came into play because i had to purchase PS-11 paint for the box art build of The Frog, thus i wanted something more like as shown above.

I think it is a great project, I love that frog in the picture, looks like some form of 1:1 hot rod buggy, wouldn't mind that myself :-)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

I think it is a great project, I love that frog in the picture, looks like some form of 1:1 hot rod buggy, wouldn't mind that myself :-)

there is more shots i took but i think this shows it well, since they're showing the different anodized colors of the wheels and  the star cover plates.

and that over hang structure is pretty neat lookn',  i like structural works. some how i think it helps the photo of the Frog

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I want to see the finished project soon @ACCEL.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Ed3D_qfUcAAYoT2f.jpg.db4fa7626a70d7f1641162aacad71300.jpg

FARM OUT!

i was thinking about making the side Trani plates out of CF but it would take a bit of time.

i've been writing down ideas for other modified parts to do that i can pull off subtle they'd be, but this will be something to model after.

who's ride?

thanx for posting that Frog. 

They reinvented it, it's more a venomous water snake now:o we'll call it the Water Moccasin AKA Cottonmouth😀

8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I want to see the finished project soon @ACCEL.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Ed3D_qfUcAAYoT2f.jpg.db4fa7626a70d7f1641162aacad71300.jpg

That's probably the best frog chassis I've seen👍

• Like 1

oOmWXD8.jpg

This was a gift from RC_Go the vendor on Ebay that i purchased from:

Qruq9CG.jpg

these are some of the parts i made from my CF plate, i was not expecting these at all, so Thanx RC_Go, what a pal.

• Like 4