ACCEL

Operation Lilly Pad

Even Frogs need a tasty dessert.................. they truly prefer them in red.....................................................

n1rsPPB.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

42937F82-5E0D-498A-BA07-1C6B318EE542.jpg

Thats better...

I haven't had a Frog in so long.... I have no idea what that IS! 😲😖😜  Looks good in Metallic Red though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACCEL said:

Even Frogs need a tasty dessert.................. they truly prefer them in red.....................................................

n1rsPPB.jpg

THAT'S just nice!! Really nice. I've used more than a few Power HD Servos.... But haven't been able to afford one of those. I'll BET it's fast!! 😊🏎

I'm going froggn', got my Frog net......

PVykjl4.jpg

Black is on its way also.

i've used the jersey netting from shirts, Craftsman's camping chairs, but this time i wanted something more that Jeremiah the driver can see through while driving.

i think he's gone bugging out there in that beautiful pond:lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Ironic the frog has to avoid the buggies...

spacer.png

Speed you are a Gem!

Carbon Frog Fiber

The Frog Hunt begins.........................................................................................................

Bi7zsds.jpg

skinning a frog is a chore, reskinning a frog is an adventure.

• Like 2

well first i tried the 0.5mm thickness of CF sheeting, shaping it was time consuming, looked fine but just not quite to what i had imagined, that typed and that said no holds barred, this is what i really saw in my minds eye..........................................................................

B0NpUiP.jpg

• Like 2

2.7mm CF battery stays (stoppers) the lower holes are not for an antenna feed but an adjustable battery screw rear plate mechanism where one side is fixed and the other to screw stop against the battery so it's centered, being this is not for a  NiMH stick battery, but for a shorter LiPo batt.

rgm1Tcs.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a tip, wrap the servo body with carbon fiber decal. It'll hide those red colors. That's what I did with mine. 

Red servo...

cM9kBish.jpg

...no more!

zpwxmMDh.jpg

• Like 2

This Thread has convinced me...

Next year, I'm getting Carbon Fiber Sheets of various thicknesses - and a ROUTER! 

Awesome work - both of you!! 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Carmine A said:

This Thread has convinced me...

Next year, I'm getting Carbon Fiber Sheets of various thicknesses - and a ROUTER! 

Awesome work - both of you!! 👍👍

My bad,  i've been robbing my CF stash from my Taifun boat build.

one thing for sure Carbon Fiber dulls every thing you throw at it, so be prepared to stock up on bits, blades ect...

When i purchase any hop up be it CF, Aluminum or Titanium, i'm actually relieved at times. It's fun to fabricate parts, but also it's nice to open a package and drop that sucker in:lol:

• Thanks 1

Sure it's nice just to buy something and drop it in.... if memory serves me. 😖 

But hey, being FORCED to fabricate, bend, mold and just Bodge together, has honed invaluable skills. Some I forgot I had!! 😊💯  Great time killer too. Some things I just can't do that with.  I REALLY want an Interior Plate for the Mustang!!! 😭  It will have to wait QUITE a while though.... 

I've even run out of raw materials! sheet Styrene, Metal and Kydex - my newest high strength Plastic plaything. That Inheritance can't come soon ENOUGH! 

But even before this mess happened, I've always enjoyed Scratchbuilding and Fabricating. Something so satisfying about it. I'm sure you agree! 

In all my years, I've never MADE anything with CF. Even I find that hard to believe!! I'll remember to get extra Blades and Bits... Thanks for that Tip! ✌👍👍

One of the many possibilites 17.5T State of the Art Bang, Bang.....................

H1zP0LI.jpg

• Like 2

Given the Frog's fairly high Gearing, that should definitely make it a handful!!! 😲  

Only time I ran Brushless in a Tamiya, was the 11.5 I strapped onto my M03.... If it wasn't FWD, I believe it would have been completely UNCONTROLLABLE! 

17.5 or 15.5 will make an excellent balance, I think.

The beginning of the roll cage, a short story;

Where do these parts come from? what was there initial first purpose amongst the RC vehicle kits? and why would this guy heat gun and bend them into odd shapes? what will it look like at the finish process? 

An exclusive view of a feat only possible with imagination, and an endless supply of unwanted tubing........................... 

04jX1Cj.jpg

• Like 2

If you wanted to get rid of some of that Tubing........ 😉 

Hey, that really looks GREAT! Far better than any Painted on Roll Cage. This is such an intriguing Build!! I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ACCEL said:

The beginning of the roll cage, a short story;

Where do these parts come from? what was there initial first purpose amongst the RC vehicle kits? and why would this guy heat gun and bend them into odd shapes? what will it look like at the finish process? 

An exclusive view of a feat only possible with imagination, and an endless supply of unwanted tubing........................... 

LOL, just loving your work @ACCEL, very inspirational stuff! :wub:

• Thanks 1

You guys, i'm nuts for this hobby, this should of been The Squirrel not The Frog:blink:

ok since you two didn't even try to guess and taking the fun out of my lil' puzzle build, that black tubing is and for antennas, wait to you see the rear wing, oh my the icing on the cake? or maybe the cherry on top? , perhaps and my favorite the chocolate chips in the cookie? or maybe that loose pistachio you find at the bottom and not have to crack it open?

or?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You ARE a Nut!! And I mean that in the most flattering way.  I never would have guessed that. I guess I'm a Different kind of nut!!

• Haha 1