ACCEL

Operation Lilly Pad

2 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

The alloy rear arms were crazy expensive

I haven't seen those yet.

i've been pondering quite some time how to clad the plastic ones and beef them up.

i don't mind the shape of the stock ones at all, and wish someone would manufacture them in aluminum.

Thanx for sharing the pics, now i'll be on the hunt.

There was a guy named Don who used to make parts under the monicker 50 Cal Customs. I believe he sold his designs on. 

I can't find the listings on eBay now but I'm sure there were there a while back, they guy did custom RC truck parts too. They were huge money though.

EDIT: found it!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-made-Aluminum-Rear-Trailing-Swing-Arm-Tamiya-Blackfoot-Monster-Beetle/254680646098?hash=item3b4c2641d2:g:jCwAAOSwRlFfLgt5

It was discussed back here..

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95422-monster-beetle-orv-metal-swing-arms/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanx a bunch for that info Mr.Crumble. (i don't believe you are all that bad):)

i have purchased from him on ebay before and can't remember what part it was and to what vehicle.

Now 250 clams i ain't complaining, i couldn't make that part, i could come close to a mock up of it  and it would work, but i do not have the right equipment for that type of precision especially for where the bearings seat. It is a very nice looking piece of hardware for sure.

after all i just junked the 16 smack aluminum wing for it was just a wee bit wider than the stock wing. and threw 60 coins at two sets of Tamiya aluminum adjustable wing mounts.

but sometimes i just find certain things need to look a certain way.

Truthfully i thought someone out there did some type of aftermarket piece, if cooper813 was  a manufacture such as Integy, Exotek, Yeah Racing, GPM, STRC, or one of the many others those arms would be less than half the cost.

OK to buy or not to buy that is the question, 250 for new cordless Makita batteries or more hop ups for Jeremiah? Aw! well as usual it's like chocolate chip cookies, "I'll take two of each, they're small." 

The WORST Chocolate Chip Cookies - Sugar Spun Run

• Haha 2

It's all relative @ACCEL, 'a house is worth what someone wants to pay for it' as my ex-realtor boss says. I have a set of the 50 Cal arms on my All Metal Frog and I paid less for the whole car so it seems expensive to me but if I didn't have them and wanted them that much....you know where that leads!

Looking forward to seeing your further progress!

Oh, in my family a 'bad crumble' is known as an island pudding. Too much liquid in the filling creates the island during the cooking 😁.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Oh, in my family a 'bad crumble' is known as an island pudding. Too much liquid in the filling creates the island during the cooking 😁

well then from here on out i'll know you as Scrumptious:)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

well then from here on out i'll know you as Scrumptious:)

better than being known for having a soggy bottom.....

• Haha 2

Back to hopping around,

54773 and 54510Tamiya Aluminum Adjustable Wing Stay:

Rc Alum Adjustable Wing Stay 2

Rc Alum Adjustable Wing Stay

• Like 2

Now for the arms, since i could not find longer shoulder screws, read somewhere that tubing works as well...

CCTVMTST 2Pcs Stainless Steel 304 Capillary Tube Tubing OD 4mm ID 3mm Length 250mm

41TeIujkA6L._SL1000_.jpg

i'm sure glad i learned how to read😀

and if i could just remember where here some where i believe i got this information I thank you.

well thanx to Every Body and Mind here because all this is not possible with out YOU!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 4:24 AM, ACCEL said:

img23103_1030202054610_5_1100_.jpg

To Dirt 540, this is why i build, thus i breathe here.

Your Wild One is Spanking Good Looking!

This deserves an Award.

@Dirt-540 where can I get one of those radiators ;) thanks 

this is my wild one 
aiyDuhA.jpg

bf3LjH4.jpg

(sorry to hijack the thread)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

this is my wild one 
aiyDuhA.jpg

bf3LjH4.jpg

Hello Problemchild The radiator is made from scratch using old trees, pieces of small sheet aluminium, decals, rivets, bendy straws, zip-ties and superglue. I often make bits from scratch as you just cant buy them anywhere, its like my Humvees, all 3 have scratch built 1/12 scale parts made from brass, plastic and metal tubing and manipulated household items. Sorry i cant help you there chap. 

32 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

this is my wild one 
aiyDuhA.jpg

bf3LjH4.jpg

Forgot to add, thats a lovely WO you got there, looks old school cool in white, dig the engine too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirt-540 said:

Forgot to add, thats a lovely WO you got there, looks old school cool in white, dig the engine too.

Great info - it’s given me some ideas so thank you ;)

yours is amazing 

I can’t wait to see this frog build finish (back on topic)

• Like 2

I don't think Tamiya' Re-releasing the Wild One.

Had it on Pre-Order at Amain and read it's not available

• Sad 1

Can the GrassHopper take the pebble from my hand?

i think i'll just have to get The Grass Hopper, well ya know to hop around with my Frogs:lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dirt-540 said:

It' ok, how else can we find all the ideas around here with out thumbing through all the many thousands of threads & posts around here.

the only problem is getting a Wild One for me:(

Free Big Smiley Face, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on Clipart  Library

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ACCEL said:

I REALLY hope that's not true! 💔😭😭😭😭😭

I've waited YEARS to get one, and by April I can actually afford it. I've always had a very warm spot for the WO - and will nearly pay ANY price for one.

1 hour ago, Carmine A said:

I REALLY hope that's not true! 💔😭😭😭😭😭

I've waited YEARS to get one, and by April I can actually afford it. I've always had a very warm spot for the WO - and will nearly pay ANY price for one.

i don't know whether to laugh or cry.................................................................😮

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, ACCEL said:

i don't know whether to laugh or cry.................................................................😮

Well, never say never. Who would of thought the Fighting Buggy would come back? I thought the Scorcher was due for another run with shops showing predicted dates by now, but none yet.

I’d like to add a FAV at some point, fingers crossed you never know what’s round the corner. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Well, never say never. Who would of thought the Fighting Buggy would come back? I thought the Scorcher was due for another run with shops showing predicted dates by now, but none yet.

I’d like to add a FAV at some point, fingers crossed you never know what’s round the corner. 

I speak for at least 50 People when I say - I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT!!

• Like 1

looks as though i have to remake the shock tower brace with 1.7mm CF and slightly shorter, the darn horn is in the way., then i cut the shoulder tubing to fit.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I speak for at least 50 People when I say - I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT!!

They will be back, COVID is the main issue here.

Materials, staff, production, shipping etc. 

It’ll take time for Tamiya to catch up and to resume to some sort of routine imo, but sporadic batches will be the norm for the older rere’s. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ACCEL said:

looks as though i have to remake the shock tower brace with 1.7mm CF and slightly shorter, the darn horn is in the way., then i cut the shoulder tubing to fit.

I have complete faith in your ability, Doctor!! 😅

• Thanks 1

Wing On A Prayer,

they're slightly toed in

Aw! the joy of trying, i'll leave her be...

gkv9iYq.jpg

Q4u56UE.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/9/2020 at 5:34 PM, ACCEL said:

I got mine from Modelsport last year 

maybe have a word with Tony tamiya as he defo knows what’s going on

i ordered my hotshot in May and it only arrived in November ;)

keep fingers crossed - the tamiya factory was shut for ages and stock is starting to dribble through :) well more like a tidal Wave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1