Dakratfink

Fox NovaFox parts interchangeability

Almost all parts are interchangeable except the driveshafts, indrives and outdrives on a Novafox are dogbones and hex drives on a Fox. The Fox can be upgraded to dogbones using Novafox parts.

Otherwise, they are pretty much the same car.

3 hours ago, Pinoy808 said:

Still waiting for Towers to get the Novafox in stock:(

Tower is usually a pretty reliable supplier when there isn’t a global financial crisis and economic slowdown.

I actually got my M-06 from them ( when everything started shutting down ) 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, Pinoy808 said:

Still waiting for Towers to get the Novafox in stock:(

What's odd is the Vanquish re-re was announced after the Novafox was announced to be re-re'd again or just manufactured again or whatever, and Tower has the pre-order for VQS already but no sign of the novafox.  

On 9/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Mrowka said:

Almost all parts are interchangeable except the driveshafts, indrives and outdrives on a Novafox are dogbones and hex drives on a Fox. The Fox can be upgraded to dogbones using Novafox parts.

Otherwise, they are pretty much the same car.

The gearbox casing is different as the Novafox uses E clips to hold in the drive cup, whilst the Fox uses super-fiddly C clips. It's all interchangeable as long as you use the correct clips for your gearbox casing. My Fox has Novafox driveshafts now, but I reused the C clips to work with my original gearbox.

The front suspension balljoint balls are different as the Novafox doesn't have the aluminium brace around its uprights. The servosaver attaches to the servo differently, and goes through a foam seal on the Novafox vs a rubber seal on the Fox.

Other than that the Novafox has a front antiroll bar as standard, which is totally different to the original Fox's optional upgrade one, but all other parts are interchangeable as far as I know. Pretty much the same car as Mrowka said.

• Like 1