FC5687

Hotshot front suspension modification

These are pictures I just seen online. Very impressive! This is a very good idea to upgrade the whole front suspension for hotshot.

It is much better than the way what super hotshot for the dual dampers arrangement.

tamiya-hotshot-rc-channel-aluminum_1_40c78cfecce5b75392cc3cee45bbded3 (1).jpg

tamiya-hotshot-rc-channel-aluminum_1_40c78cfecce5b75392cc3cee45bbded3.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice. Looks like RC Channel alloy upper and lower suspension arms, And their front shock brace. Wonder where th3 dampers came from...?

DCE4922B-D8FF-4C13-B286-63B067ABB302.jpeg

Personally I prefer the original supershot setup. This looks nice, but the supershot setup has better geometry. As the suspension depresses on this setup, the damper becomes more horizontal, which effectively makes the spring softer the more it is depressed. The supershot setup has a more consistent spring rate

16 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

Personally I prefer the original supershot setup. This looks nice, but the supershot setup has better geometry. As the suspension depresses on this setup, the damper becomes more horizontal, which effectively makes the spring softer the more it is depressed. The supershot setup has a more consistent spring rate

Yes make sense. 

4 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Yep 

CB8315F9-E4DD-4746-A967-2904096C61EB.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

Yep 

Looks fab - what dampers are those? I’m looking for some aftermarket ones like those  to fit my Super Hotshot ..

5 hours ago, futureworks said:

Looks fab - what dampers are those? I’m looking for some aftermarket ones like those  to fit my Super Hotshot ..

They are gmade xd diaphragms. 75mm front, 93mm rear 

AFC605AC-718E-481D-8F3B-AD2D57A5D4D8.jpeg

6DC4B0D5-E6FF-439F-8DB4-5D9BFFC04F70.jpeg

• Like 5

For the purist, the standard shocks layout of HS, HS2 or SHS would suffice. But for better performance, look and sturdiness, this one is way better in my opinion. As an engineer and a person who love to tinker, I like how this was re-designed. The suspension arms and shock mount/guard especially. In case of a flip over, the shocks are safe while the SHS shock mounts are prone to bend and misalign. Then those people who have tried Kyosho shocks know those are good. Way better than standard Tamiya plastic CVA that is known to leak frequently because of the plastic casing. Plus that Kyosho Optima/Ultima shocks in red are perfect for the HS.

Nice job on this one @FC5687! :)

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 2:53 AM, MadInventor said:

I recently shared those RC Channel Hotshot mod pictures with my friend. Here is his feedback:

Assume CRP 1650 being used, and has the top front arm of hotshot and lower front arm for bigwig installed. The dual dampers mounted to the CRP 1650.

So the anti roll bar still there