Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Can someone ID this please?

Trying to find a Fox or a Novafox and I came across a posting but not sure if this model is a QD or Tamtech... it looks smaller but I'm not quite sure since I haven't owned one.  Thanks.  As my idea for the proper value if this is  in running condition? Thanks!

Screenshot_20200926-210827_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-210834_Facebook.jpg

that looks like a Fox, but with a really narrow/modified rear that been brought right in. I does look a little odd!

For what it’s worth I think the second picture although it looks to have narrow rear wheels is actually a combination of perspective and the body not in the right place.. look at the front mount and the hole in the body. The nose should be right up under the shock, the wheels are looking pretty much parallel.

If I had to put money on it I’d bet it’s the real deal.. I think the size looks right and the box looks right..  hopefully someone on here actually has one and will chip in..

I’d search for something in better condition. Probably has cracks galore that you can’t see. It’s certainly not a tamtec model and there never was a QD model. 

I'm pretty sure that's a Fox (I have both an original and the NovaFox). Those two pics alone won't tell the full story though and it's hard to tell from the pics what has been changed on the rear end. It could be as simple as the offset of whatever rims the owner has put on, or maybe they've modified the heck out of it.

And as mentioned above, brittle plastics will be an issue, and can be hard to detect until you run it. I have been caught out from that before, and getting different parts from different part sets can really add up quickly, so if you are keen on a runner I think you'd be better off with a Novafox instead. Even a secondhand one will be made of much newer plastics. But if you want something just to restore, and you think the price is right, then it's probably fine to get.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I'm pretty sure that's a Fox (I have both an original and the NovaFox). Those two pics alone won't tell the full story though and it's hard to tell from the pics what has been changed on the rear end. It could be as simple as the offset of whatever rims the owner has put on, or maybe they've modified the heck out of it.

And as mentioned above, brittle plastics will be an issue, and can be hard to detect until you run it. I have been caught out from that before, and getting different parts from different part sets can really add up quickly, so if you are keen on a runner I think you'd be better off with a Novafox instead. Even a secondhand one will be made of much newer plastics. But if you want something just to restore, and you think the price is right, then it's probably fine to get.

Yes it’s a fox. Very old looking (too old to be novafox and the box is for the original fox)

It , also have foam tyres on rear ? ( looking at pic's )  . Thats why it looks odd , but it is fine . 

BUT it is a FOX , Not a Nova fox or anything else .  Now fox & nova are the same , apart from diff casings ( as it takes E-Clips ) 

And not the C-Clips and the Fox does . All so out drives , dog bones and axles are different in Novafox . But you can put in 

fox , But if you use NOVAFOX diff casings you need to use E-Clips , where you use vintage out drives , axles etc or 

use Novafox out drives , axles and dog bones . 

• Like 1

Looks like the front bumper is the wrong way around.   The flat side should face outward.  Looks like the front tires will hit it when turning hard.

image.thumb.png.d51a35705d981cfb862a354dad007dd0.png

• Like 2

Well, I am still waiting to hear back from the seller... This could be an interesting project

Yep, that looks like a vintage Fox.  My vintage Fox came with an anti-roll bar which didn't work as well as I had hoped. (It was an optional part at the time, I think?)  Without it, I'm guessing that the front mono-shock would be less effective.  

If one wheel goes up, it would simply push the other side down. The spring would simply move to the other side, making it easier to roll.  Easy enough to fix though.  The new anti-roll bar for the Novafox fit my vintage Fox just fine.  It has less slop, works a lot better because it's made out of a thicker wire, and sleeker-looking to boot.  Whoever was the engineer to redesign that, knew that vintage sway bar was weak and fixed it just right.  To uninstall the vintage bar, you have to undo the whole front arms. So, if it comes without it, you only need to install the new one.  

aNgoAAD.jpg